Yay? SW DVD related.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I wonder if the films are going to be changed for this DVD so that all the Stormtroopers are the same size and all have Jango Fett's voice.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I don't believe so. It would've been discussed; we've seen other screencaps from the DVDs on the net. Boba Fett's voice is changed to Jango's though.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Vympel wrote:Boba Fett's voice is changed to Jango's though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
tim grail 3
Redshirt

Post by tim grail 3 »

This is just great. Lucas is releasing the Ewok movies, but the origianl trilogy is out of the question.

Fanfuckingtastic.
A long life eating mush is best.

"But it is safe right?"
"As far as experimental gene therapy goes."

"Go back, and tell Winfield to watch. Tell him Matthew Marcus knew how to die."
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

You can hardly hear the difference between Morrison and the original voice, it´s not that big a deal.

The Ian McDiarmid Emperor-scene in ESB was cool, though. He´s a CGA, Consistently Good Actor. If only SW had more of those. :P
This is just great. Lucas is releasing the Ewok movies, but the original trilogy is out of the question.

Fanfuckingtastic.
Hmmm, you must be living in a time-line where this is actually something new. :roll:
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

VT-16 wrote:You can hardly hear the difference between Morrison and the original voice, it´s not that big a deal.
I have to disagree- Boba Fett is now obviously a Kiwi. It's obscene. It's not that big a deal because he only has three lines.

"As you wish."

"He's no good to me dead."

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
The Ian McDiarmid Emperor-scene in ESB was cool, though. He´s a CGA, Consistently Good Actor. If only SW had more of those. :P
I think the only people in SW who aren't CGAs are Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman; and that may be because of their scripts, because I know they've both done films before where they've been quite good.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

tim grail 3 wrote:This is just great. Lucas is releasing the Ewok movies, but the origianl trilogy is out of the question.

Fanfuckingtastic.
Uh...you do realize that the OT is coming out on DVD on Sept 21. In fact this thread is related to that release.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Stravo wrote:
tim grail 3 wrote:This is just great. Lucas is releasing the Ewok movies, but the origianl trilogy is out of the question.

Fanfuckingtastic.
Uh...you do realize that the OT is coming out on DVD on Sept 21. In fact this thread is related to that release.
No kidding.

Tim, what rock and in which dimension have you been living under for the past six months?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

He might be referring to the Original Orignial Trilogy, without the added things like Greedo shooting first, and all of that stuff that people hate about the SE
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

I have to disagree- Boba Fett is now obviously a Kiwi
From what I heard the original actor was also from NZ. Is this true? He used a more American dialect, anyway.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

VT-16 wrote:
I have to disagree- Boba Fett is now obviously a Kiwi
From what I heard the original actor was also from NZ. Is this true? He used a more American dialect, anyway.
Yeah, Temura M. is a native New Zealander (a Maori, IIRC). From what I remember, his accent in AotC did have more of a neutral American slant, but his lines as Boba kinda lean more towards Kiwi-ish.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. Thought you were refering to Jango, then Boba Fett.
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2004-08-31 11:35am, edited 1 time in total.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

VT-16 wrote: From what I heard the original actor was also from NZ. Is this true? He used a more American dialect, anyway.
??? Not the original voice actor for Boba Fett- Jango Fett, yeah, Temura Morrison plays both in the new DVD version.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I'm actually looking forward to this. Even if it sucks, I've always wanted to see it just so I knew what the SW world was like to other people. I'm definitely going to be purchasing them to add to my collection.

If they ever release the Holiday Special, on the other hand....
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Just to clarify:

In ESB and RotJ, Boba Fett was physically played by Jeremy Bulloch, who was British.

For the original release, Bulloch's lines were dubbed over by Jason Wingreen, an American, who went uncredited.

Grand Admiral Mango
Youngling

Post by Grand Admiral Mango »

Master of Ossus wrote:If they ever release the Holiday Special, on the other hand....
I've never actually seen the Holiday Special. What happens in it?
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

the Droids.. do things... thats about it..
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Grand Admiral Mango
Youngling

Post by Grand Admiral Mango »

That bad, huh?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Grand Admiral Mango wrote:That bad, huh?
Leia sings.

Believe me...it's not the absolute worst thing, but I'd rather be chewing glass then hearing Carrie Fisher demonstrate why she has no talent.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Incidentally, as one of the "newer generation" of SW fans, I haven't seen the Ewok series since I was a little kid. I'll actually be very interested to see what it's like now, since whenever I go back and watch kids' cartoons I loved as a kid I realize how horrible they were.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I've actually seen some episodes that we taped within about the last five years. While occasionally pretty goofy, they're actually not that bad.

As a late 80s cartoon, they've certainly aged a hell of a lot better than mid 80s cartoons. ;)

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I was out at HMV today, preordered and prepaid for my SW OT DVD gold edition, the shop will be opened from midnight on the September 21st. I'm gonna be 1st in line if i have my way. Yoda suit optional
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Um, you know that the gold version is fullscreen, right?

VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Um, you know that the gold version is fullscreen, right?
OUCH! :P :P :P
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

i care not, because i'm a completeist wee fuck i'll buy every version anyway.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Dartzap wrote:He might be referring to the Original Orignial Trilogy, without the added things like Greedo shooting first, and all of that stuff that people hate about the SE
I concur. I read that as the Original Trilogy, Ie: not the Special Editions and not this "in the process of being confirmed" super duper re-edited edition with all the new stuff.

Lucas has NO plans to release the original films as they appeared in theaters circa 1977-1983 or release on VHS/LaserDisk/VCD prior to 1997.

Which is a shame really... and he'd actually make even more money if he made these classics available on the best mainstream media format available...

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the new re-edited super duper edition (it'll be the only way to legally own the trilogy on DVD), but I would gladly also buy the originals if they were made available and they OUGHT to be, for the sake of cinema history.

It would be like if Casablanca were only available as a colorized movie with a laugh track dubbed in. Sure, it might be kind of fun to see it that way, but why can't we have the originals too?

You can buy the widescreen OT on DVD right now, with your choice of special edition or the original originals, the trouble is, it's not sanctioned by LucasFilm or George, and thus bootleg status. So...