My Transformers photo comic series (new main page)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

My Transformers photo comic series (new main page)

Post by Utsanomiko »

http://www.geocities.com/tonberimuyo/tr ... tnsgw.html

Just finished the last couple panels for the third part and final installment of the Bootleg Story Arc. I've been told that this episode is quite funny by the people who've previewed it, and I personally think it's the best so far.

I would have had it out a week ago, but I took some time off to work on my custom MP Soundwave figure, which I will be getting back to now and probably won't work on the comic for a while beyond setting down an outline. I do know what the next 2 epsidoes involve, and have ideas for at least two more 3-4 episode story arcs.

Hope you know at least a litte bit about Transformers or saw the movie; I suspect it makes little sense overall without getting most of the references.
Last edited by Utsanomiko on 2004-09-02 05:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
By His Word...
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

...And already bandwidth is exceeded. I should have either waited an hour after testing the links before posting, or just posted it in the Cybertron forum and not get any views for a week.

EDIT: Moved all images and image tags to photobucket. Seems to be working fine now.
By His Word...
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

It's great. But it's also a damn shame that you're so underappreciated both here and at Seibertron.com...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Korvan
Jedi Master

Post by Korvan »

The colour-coded captions are sheer genius. Did you come up with that? The part about the photoshoptic force field was the funniest bit.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Korvan wrote:The colour-coded captions are sheer genius.
I actually came up with that. That's how they did the speech bubbles in the Generation 2 comic, and I thought it looked good and would be a nice reference and told Uts to use it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Its hilarious.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:It's great. But it's also a damn shame that you're so underappreciated both here and at Seibertron.com...
Hell, getting 2 comments from SD.net people is like getting carried on the shoulders of cheering fans compared to the cold-shoulder Seibertron.com's fanart community gives me. I've posted threads in their fanfic/fanart forum everytime a new TNSGW episode goes up on my server.

The first ep got 4 comments (mostly due to the MTMTE Ravage vs Hound & Mirage reference). Second episode got 1 comment.

Third episode so far has no comments, and I posted right after I posted here. I think they're big on regulars and tend to flock to the threads to congratulate people the know. Oh well.
By His Word...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Utsanomiko wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:It's great. But it's also a damn shame that you're so underappreciated both here and at Seibertron.com...
Hell, getting 2 comments from SD.net people is like getting carried on the shoulders of cheering fans compared to the cold-shoulder Seibertron.com's fanart community gives me. I've posted threads in their fanfic/fanart forum everytime a new TNSGW episode goes up on my server.

The first ep got 4 comments (mostly due to the MTMTE Ravage vs Hound & Mirage reference). Second episode got 1 comment.

Third episode so far has no comments, and I posted right after I posted here. I think they're big on regulars and tend to flock to the threads to congratulate people the know. Oh well.
Eh...lousy bastardos.

Still nice work there Utsa.

Seriously the whole Matrix bit was funny enough along with the Cheetor :D
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I really like the "playing doctor" gag for some reason.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The photoshopic cage thing was funny. And the 'The Matrix of leadership is not your music player.' 'Well it should be.'
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

DP: That's cause it's scatter-brain humor, which I'd say is the major charm of the series or at least the part I like writing. I figure why not portray the crew of the Ark as the most undermanned group of buffoons and misfits that Prime could be stuck with?

I'm still debating with myself as to what direction the series will take once I build up the cast to larger numbers (I expect within 4-5 months to have added Jazz, Prowl, Bubmblebee, Smokescreen, Tracks, brought back Streak, and depending on when I found out what the upcoming remolds are, get Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Windcharger). Might reformat it to either be a more serrious retelling of the war, or just turn them all into 1-dimensional one-talent nimrods who can only get through an equally-rediculous dilemma by working together and hoping one of them has the right skill for each moment.

One of the reoccurring jokes around Cheetor is that nobody knows his name. He only said it to himself once and everyone else just calls him 'that little weird guy' or 'the yellow kid' ot such. I'm not even sure where he's supposed to have come from yet, but we won't see him again of a while because he's doing a cleaning job meant for two 13'-15' tall Cybertrons to take a few hours to complete every 10 days, which will take little ~6' Cheetor well over a week to finish. And did you notice his size compared to the Autobots? The figure is 5 1/2 inches, which is only an inch or two under the BinalTech/Alternator Transformers. I shrink him down in Photoshop every time he's in a shot with them so he doesn't look like he's eleven feet high or so.

Anyway, I'll let SD.net know that the next episode once again involves our main flakes, Hound and Sideswipe, as they go out scouting for Earthly lifeforms, where they run into a GI Joe and don't know what to make of him. I figure it'll be a fun chance to play with the first encounters with organic life carried out by probably the two living machines least competent to do so, and see how long it takes them to realize that Duke isn't some kind of synthetic automaton and does in fact have a distinguishable face. Other stuff happens in the following episode or two which may or may not include Spider-Man, and when finally wrap their minds around the whole organic lifeform thing, maybe they'll agree to single-handedly wipe out Cobra. Any arc after that depends on what projects I've finished (hopefully Prowl and Streak will return and I can reveal where Jazz and Bumblebee have been all this time story-wise).

And all that is all you need to know. Well, that and that the speech ballons are indeed completely G2-inspired. Really convenient concept; the entire cast can bee out-of-panel or completely obscured by blue-white light and drowned out by Stan Bush screaming, and you can still tell who says what because Hound 'sounds' green yellow and black while Sideswipe 'sounds' red black and grey. :D
By His Word...
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Check it, I've got a new main page up finally like I've planned for a month.

Even has a mini comic and a big title bar with the series' summary statement on it. :mrgreen:
By His Word...
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

LOL :D

Please, let us know when you update your page.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I think it would be a good idea to put some link on the bottom of Episodes that lets you go from page to page like here. If you wanna skip from page 2 to 7 for a really good quote instead of flipping through all the pages to get it. Or if you close the window and don't wanna have to go through all the pages again.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I notice Sideswipe has the "ass-chest" in the minicomic.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I notice Sideswipe has the "ass-chest" in the minicomic.
Of course, cause it was made after the 3rd episode, where Sideswipe takes a heavy shot to the chestplate, and presumably gets a slight reformating when repaired.

The actual explanation you know is I did that modification after Episode 2, but didn't have a way to switch it between the 2-parter and there weren't any good spots in my shooting schedule to take such a change into account. As soon as I was done with the last ep, I was itching to switch his arms around and put him back into his 'reverse-chest' robot mode.

Hopefully they'll have their new weapons in the 4th episode.
By His Word...
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I thought the cookout joke was pretty funny, myself.

Oh, and that whole "only make comments to regulars" thing you mentioned? Trust me, it's in full effect here. Or maybe it's just the fact that nobody likes me... *shrug* whatever.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Singular Quartet wrote:I thought the cookout joke was pretty funny, myself.

Oh, and that whole "only make comments to regulars" thing you mentioned? Trust me, it's in full effect here. Or maybe it's just the fact that nobody likes me... *shrug* whatever.
Really depends on what you post to gain attention; I for one rarely post in socializing threads or '+1' stuff, so my posts aren't as numerous or high-profile as they could be, but I manage to draw attention in various ways. Some people here just have a knack for laying low I guess.

But what's odd is that on Seibertron, people will get big reactions to all sorts of stuff; things like crude sprite drawings, really simple artwork, fanfiction, or comics made with little effort or order get 5-10 replies easilly. not as much as the stuff with real talent, but dammit, I'd at least like more thna one comment on my custom TF profiles or my last 2 comics over there.
By His Word...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Utsanomiko wrote: But what's odd is that on Seibertron, people will get big reactions to all sorts of stuff; things like crude sprite drawings, really simple artwork, fanfiction, or comics made with little effort or order get 5-10 replies easilly. not as much as the stuff with real talent, but dammit, I'd at least like more thna one comment on my custom TF profiles or my last 2 comics over there.
You know, I bet it's because those posters are female.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Utsanomiko wrote:
Singular Quartet wrote:I thought the cookout joke was pretty funny, myself.

Really depends on what you post to gain attention; I for one rarely post in socializing threads or '+1' stuff, so my posts aren't as numerous or high-profile as they could be, but I manage to draw attention in various ways. Some people here just have a knack for laying low I guess.
Eh, I'm pretty sure I don't post all that much to gain attention.
But what's odd is that on Seibertron, people will get big reactions to all sorts of stuff; things like crude sprite drawings, really simple artwork, fanfiction, or comics made with little effort or order get 5-10 replies easilly. not as much as the stuff with real talent, but dammit, I'd at least like more thna one comment on my custom TF profiles or my last 2 comics over there.
That's because people are scum. I would recommend a simple thing: When the page views reach a certain number (like, oh, 20. I generally wait until 30 or 40, but that's because I'm still trying to kill the last shreads of my faith in my fellow man) and then make a second post, insulting people for being gutless cowards who refuse to make even the vaguest comment. Tell them you don't care what they actually say, just as long as they say something I recall posting stuff and getting no replies, and I didn't write anything for a whole fucking year.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I'm not interested in being bitter; I just want people to read it and I'm interested in whether they enjoyed it or not so I can make sure it's generally better next time.
By His Word...
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

I never said you actually did have to be bitter. If you look at marketing tactics, then you realize the more agressive you are, the better your "product" will be known. Depending on how you "market" your "product" then you'll get more or less feedback on it.

With that said, I need to work on some "product"
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Maybe if you used your "Sono Dio" picture in your sig you'd get replies. :P
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Maybe if you used your "Sono Dio" picture in your sig you'd get replies. :P
I do hope you're talking to Uts, cause otherwise I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Singular Quartet wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:Maybe if you used your "Sono Dio" picture in your sig you'd get replies. :P
I do hope you're talking to Uts, cause otherwise I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.
Yes, I'm talking to Uts.