Adonis Tiebreaker (Take Two): Battle for First

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Who should win first place?

Durandal
74%
Rye
26%

Total votes: 57

Zaia
Inamorata

Adonis Tiebreaker (Take Two): Battle for First

Post by Zaia »

Durandal vs. Rye--FIGHT!

Their photos:
Durandal: Durandal1, Durandal2, Durandal3
Rye: Rye

Edit: Since there was a question or two about the last round of voting...

Participants and the number of votes they received during the GALE/SoS round of 'finals'
Durandal: 5
Rye: 5
Howedar: 3
Zac: 3
aerianna: 2
D.W.: 2
Mitth: 2
TPJ: 2
Mad: 1
Olrik: 1
Last edited by Zaia on 2004-09-05 10:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

For once, my vote goes to Durandal.

Coz he's clearly the most manly.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Durandal. No contest.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Evil Sadistic Bastard
Hentai Tentacle Demon

Post by Evil Sadistic Bastard »

Urg... Rye is so cute... Durandal so sex-ah...

Durandal. It *is* an Adonis contest, after all...
Believe in the sign of Hentai.

BotM - Hentai Tentacle Monkey/Warwolves - Evil-minded Medic/JL - Medical Jounin/Mecha Maniacs - Fuchikoma Grope Attack!/AYVB - Bloody Bastards.../GALE Force - Purveyor of Anal Justice/HAB - Combat Medical Orderly

Combat Medical Orderly(Also Nameless Test-tube Washer) : SD.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Durandel. Yhmmmm
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Durandal.

No offense, but Rye does still look almost too much a lady :P .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I'll upset the tide, Rye.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

I'd say Durandal.
He's manlier. Sorry Rye :mrgreen:
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Durandal.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Durnadal, because Rye is a woman.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Sorry RYe, but Damien is fucking sexy.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Would posting my bare chested pic qualify as a tie breaker? :twisted:
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Hm, interesting. So did the contest change again? Last I saw, it was a four-way shoot-out. What happened?

And how did I come in competition for first place? Didn't I come in second to Howedar in the preliminaries? Or was there another vote between then and now?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Durandal wrote:Hm, interesting. So did the contest change again? Last I saw, it was a four-way shoot-out. What happened?

And how did I come in competition for first place? Didn't I come in second to Howedar in the preliminaries? Or was there another vote between then and now?
I think it's all part of the Great Female Conspiracy....
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I vote for Rye. He is t3h sexy.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

aerius wrote:
Durandal wrote:Hm, interesting. So did the contest change again? Last I saw, it was a four-way shoot-out. What happened?

I think it's all part of the Great Female Conspiracy....
Dont forget the Gay Agenda :twisted:

*playfully nibbles Durandals ear, then runs like a bat out of hell*
Last edited by Alyrium Denryle on 2004-09-05 10:31pm, edited 2 times in total.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I pointed out that it isn't a four-way tie.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I was trying to be efficient with my Adonis threads since I don't think Beowulf was happy with how spammy they were last time, so I originally had the tiebreaker in one thread so everyone could pick their favourite out of the four and whoever placed higher out of you or Rye would get first, and whoever placed higher out of Howedar and Zac would get third. But...that didn't make a whole lot of sense (it did to me, but not to other people), so we bagged that.

The short version of the entire history of the contest is:
-everyone posted pics
-everyone was organized by age into five groups
-the top two finishers from each age group were taken on to the next round
-GALE and SoS polls went up to determine the winner from the ten finalists (two from each age group)
-EVERYONE was tied for every placement, so we needed a tiebreaker for the top finishers
-I posted version one of the tiebreaker threads, with all four in one poll, thinking it'd be less spammy and therefore better
-I was wrong
-I had the first thread axed and made these two in replacement, so everything's simpler--You and Rye are fighting for first place, while Howedar and Zac are fighting for third.

I would've run everyone through all this before, but I honestly didn't think anyone cared.

Added the complete list of participants and the votes they received from the GALE/SoS round of 'final' voting (that couldn't be final because everyone was tied) to the OP.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

It's kind of lame that the straight male vote was nicked, but whatever. I go with Durandal.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Zaia wrote:[The short version of the entire history of the contest is:
-everyone posted pics
-everyone was organized by age into five groups
-the top two finishers from each age group were taken on to the next round
-GALE and SoS polls went up to determine the winner from the ten finalists (two from each age group)
-EVERYONE was tied for every placement, so we needed a tiebreaker for the top finishers
-I posted version one of the tiebreaker threads, with all four in one poll, thinking it'd be less spammy and therefore better
-I was wrong
-I had the first thread axed and made these two in replacement, so everything's simpler--You and Rye are fighting for first place, while Howedar and Zac are fighting for third.
Ah yes. I remember mentioning that in the original tie-breaker thread, since Rye and I were tied for first, while Howedar and Zac were tied for third.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that my victory is at hand.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Go Rye!!!
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Voting will be closed this coming Friday, so vote now if you haven't already.