Favorite/least favorite SW Ships in X-Wing-Series Games

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Screw the Freighters, I wanted to be a freaking pilot in the last mission. Ace was supossed to fly in that battle. Let them do the Deathstar Run, I wanted to fly around all the ISDs and blow the crap outa Ties while flying an A-Wing.
And murder Imperial pilots by the hordes, some of which may be women. Nice :evil:
Piss off Troll
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Alyeska wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Screw the Freighters, I wanted to be a freaking pilot in the last mission. Ace was supossed to fly in that battle. Let them do the Deathstar Run, I wanted to fly around all the ISDs and blow the crap outa Ties while flying an A-Wing.
And murder Imperial pilots by the hordes, some of which may be women. Nice :evil:
Piss off Troll
Hahah, you're the one calling ME the troll?
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Alyeska wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Piss off Troll
Hahah, you're the one calling ME the troll?
Gee, this is a thread about our favorite fighter from a GAME and your going on defending a fictous government that is acknowledged as being evil.

Shit, might as well say the Luftwafa (sp?) should have been left alone cause they soldiers were "innocent".

War is hell and soldiers will kill eachother.

This thread is about a game

And your a fucking idiot for even having brought up the topic you did.
Ah, yes, I remember the Reich thread. Anyway, the only fucking idoit I see here is you.
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Both of you just shut the hell up..and admit you both hate the Y-Wing, just to keep it on topic.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Alyeska wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:Ah, yes, I remember the Reich thread. Anyway, the only fucking idoit I see here is you.
Idiot? Whos the fucking idiot for brining up something COMPLETELY off topic and flaming at that? :roll:
If I recall, you did such yourself several times

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Since it din't work the first time:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Both of you just shut the hell up..and admit you both hate the Y-Wing, just to keep it on topic.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Alyeska wrote:
CmdrWilkens wrote:Since it din't work the first time:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:
I wasn't the dumbfuck to go off topic.
But you didn't hesitate to keep it off topic

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

And I was not the Mod who deleted all the flame posts

OH wait Yes I was

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: I wasn't the dumbfuck to go off topic.
perhaps, but you're a SB.com baby..... that's -1 Karma as far as I'm concerned.....

Tries to use a Belt sander on Alysekas head, but it slips off due to Alyseka's asymptomotically sloping forehead
Seeing as most people at SD.net think your a fucking moron (Wong included) I think I'll take that compliment.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ray's Posts where left alone to keep a good record of what was said by you two

As for the Matter, STAY on Topic you two, Stop the Bullshit, its starting to become Tiresome

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Mr Bean wrote:Ray's Posts where left alone to keep a good record of what was said by you two

As for the Matter, STAY on Topic you two, Stop the Bullshit, its starting to become Tiresome
If they stop flamming me, I will stop flamming them. Its that simple.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

My My My but it is hard to keep things Clean between the three of you

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Lets see... I am not a Mod at SB, when I was it was in the NSFD, and the current mods of the VS forum are all Warsies.
You're still a long-time SB.com member, and you still haven't changed
with your incorrect interpretation of SW.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Mr Bean wrote:My My My but it is hard to keep things Clean between the three of you
Actually I stopped when you asked me to. Those two just seem to have a hard-on for me. :shock:

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Lets see... I am not a Mod at SB, when I was it was in the NSFD, and the current mods of the VS forum are all Warsies.
You're still a long-time SB.com member, and you still haven't changed
with your incorrect interpretation of SW.
Lets see...

My interpretation is that:
The Empire has more ships
Has faster FTL
An ISD outguns a GCS
Has greater industrial capabilities

Hmm... I am wrong you say? :?

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Actually I stopped when you asked me to. Those two just seem to have a hard-on for me. :shock:
We just like flaming stupid fucking assholes, that's why......
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Hmm... I am wrong you say? :?
You persist in your X-WING derived wankfest interpretation of SW.

Death to Rebel Sympathizers!

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Hmm... I am wrong you say? :?
You persist in your X-WING derived wankfest interpretation of SW.

Death to Rebel Sympathizers!
Really? Have I claimed ISDs have 5km ranged guns? That a single X-Wing can kill multiple ISDs?

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

No Shep is not double posting any Gaps you see is the increaly swear filled RayCav posts

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Really? Have I claimed ISDs have 5km ranged guns? That a single X-Wing can kill multiple ISDs?
You claim worse......you claim that the Empire's TIE Corps consists of
crack addled rejects who can't even fight, much less come up with tactics
to counter shielded starfighters..

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Really? Have I claimed ISDs have 5km ranged guns? That a single X-Wing can kill multiple ISDs?
You claim worse......you claim that the Empire's TIE Corps consists of
crack addled rejects who can't even fight, much less come up with tactics
to counter shielded starfighters..
Actually, no. I merely claimed that the Rebels have more practical experience.

Jim might be "good", but Joe is "better".

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Actually, no. I merely claimed that the Rebels have more practical experience.

Then why do I have references to fucking MECHANICS being sent out by the
Rebellion to replace KIA pilots........

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Actually, no. I merely claimed that the Rebels have more practical experience.

Then why do I have references to fucking MECHANICS being sent out by the
Rebellion to replace KIA pilots........
Oh? I hadn't heard about that.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Alyeska wrote: Oh? I hadn't heard about that.
Yeah, in some sectors, the rebels had such high pilot losses, they had
to send out MECHANICS from their starfighter bases to keep up the mission
tempo.....

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

MKSheppard wrote:
Alyeska wrote: Oh? I hadn't heard about that.
Yeah, in some sectors, the rebels had such high pilot losses, they had
to send out MECHANICS from their starfighter bases to keep up the mission
tempo.....
Hmm.

Ok, with the top 1% being pilots thats weeding out the bad canidates, but not all. Even in the US today not all that many people make it into the combat ranks of the fighter pilots, even with that there are still "bad" pilots. I would reason that the Rebels would intentionally attack areas that had sub-par Imp standards. As in even with the Imps trying to weed out the bad, the sheer number they need to keep things going means they will still get plenty in the system. The Rebels took advantage of this.

After the Empire shattered durring its own civil wars training standards dropped like a rock as they simply needs pilots in large numbers.