Here there be Dragons (Drakfic, future society)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Here there be Dragons (Drakfic, future society)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Sol system, outer planets

Deep within the bowels of the ship, the captain looked down at his consol with bile rising to his mouth. The O2 fire from the reactor was out, he had been forced to seal the blast doors and vent off the sections loosing highly skilled crew in the process. The gravity drive was offline, the mishap and a terrible surge had overloaded tesserect/wormhole control, and caused damage throught the ship, given time she could make it back to their own Sol system. Not that their reality was much better, a prolonged civilwar had left the human worlds in an awful state, economies collapsed, warlordism and slavery reigned on many worlds, and the surplus of military personell had brought about a massive increase in piracy. Piracy was infact his business now, and that of his ship, There was no other way to keep his "Family" and crew together their homes were strontium poisoned wastelands, their loved ones were dead or worse.

A thin lightly clawed hand rested on the Captain Carson's shoulder, "Jenny" may be an andriod, a franchise designed "Sex Kitten" model to be exact, but her programing included a high degree of "Empathy AI subruitines", and she had been grateful to the Captain for allowing her to fight as part of his crew, even if he had only been interested in purchasing a morale building "Ship's Doxy" her warrenty was long expired, and both Asimov and Turning would definatly consider her an unfit machine.

"Master, myself and the Spartans could go in and repair the section, we could obtain materials for the repairs from the moons and asteriods." -she offered in a selfless gesture

"You may not be flesh and blood, but you would still over heat from the radiation, and the EMP won't do your scilicone any good."

her ears now seemed to wilt, making a sad face, this coupled with the look from her oversized eyes tore at him. What sort of pervert designed these things he thought, a mix of human and feline features, her small stature oversized eyes and gargantuan rack, made him feel like he would be fucking a teenaged kid everytime she had offered to share his bed.

"It won't be so scuicidal Capt. Me and the Spartans still have some of our old hard suits ready to go. We can take shifts, patch and repair the software when we're done." Spoke up Ozzy, leader of the ship's "Marines", and a full Milspec NBC Machine. "Besides, if we don't get home where are you gonna find spares for a bunch of Spartans like myself."

Mars, Bringer of War, Dominion Military Base

Freya Haller looked down from the light speed transmitted readings, this was definatly NOT an Alliance spy probe, or if it was, it's worm hole transition was much to unstable. Still much to their scientists annoyance the servus scienticians were still behind, the Alliance had working FTL systems, and The Dominion still did not. Now was a chance to even things up, out there, somewhere at the system's edge was a wounded FTL vessel, prey for the Dominion, She would capture it, put the yoke on their technitians and engineering crews, and find some entertaining way of making an example of the rest of the crew. No citizen in centures had such an opertunity placed before them. Quickly she began making full set up for depature, speed would need to be of the essence, to capture the enemy, before some other Draka did.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Shouldn't this be in fanfic?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

No, this threas was made in my forum, therefore its mine! Mine! Mine! mine! It doesn't belong in the fanfic forum, it belongs here! Becuase I say so!

In fact, I'm declaring OSF to be a safe haven for those fanfic authors who wish to flee the evil tyranny of Stravo in the fanfic forum. Post your work here and we will eclipse the puny fool's domain. :twisted:

Just kidding, thread relocated.

P.S.: I know you're not an evil dictator, Stravo. Please don't dissapear me

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
The Yosemite Bear

shit, ment to put this in fanfics I thought I put this in fanfics

ok no more upload just before knocking off to beddie bye....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear

Deep Space

Jenny was as usuall feeling all alone, somewhat useless besides
she had been designed to eleminate quietly and without notice a Public Relations nightmare for the franchise, that one of their young executives, and a vice president's son, was a mixture of Caligula and DeSade, spending his evvenings enticing, raping and murdering female minors. Since she had performed the extermination of her target, she was supposed to be sent back to the factury, for disassmbly and recycling. Instead she had been sent to the black market along with a bunch of "doxy driods" whose warrenty's had expired, or who had some sort of defect. The official blotter they had sent as a warning was that she had a too active preservation algorythum, and any rough stuff would be met with force. It haden't taken Carson long to notice the "Spartan" subrutines, and laugh, he had purchased a "Rashaka" assassin upgrades and programming in a "Sex Kitten" frame. Of course "Rashaka's" were like the ninja of anchient earth, they didn't exist, and evidence to the contrary would be removed. Thus she had come to exist and run active longer then any other assassin machine ever had, fifteeen years since completing her assignment, Seven of them being shuttled around the black market, she was still playing the part of the "Captain's Woman" and trying when ever she could to accompany the "Spartans" on raids. Still there was no where she belonged, no prey that matched her program criteria.

days later
the main reactor down, and many systems offline the captain found the ship's inability to disapate heat or for her scrubber's to work at full capacity. The machines were doing almost all of the work, while the living "Slept" Lifepods would fail too, if the machines didn't accomplish missions, the spartan's had donned Full NBC ground battle shielding, husbanding their remaining stores of extra coolant trying to fix the reactor and the heat disapators, Jenny had gotten the other "Recreationals" to help by harvesting samples from ice asteriods, still if the power didn't return soon they would all be cooked.

as if in response to his thoughts cool air began blowing across the empty bridge. streamers attached to the grill danced, as her realized they had done it. He looked down at the data feed, of the ninety seven warmachines, Tweleve were off line, another Twenty were reporting serious errors in their processing. The ship could convert CO2, disapate heat and move at 80% of optimum sublight speed, purhaps they were going to live after all.