XBox luvin': Fable

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Cleric
BANNED

XBox luvin': Fable

Post by The Cleric »

As this game shall be GOD and it comes out tomorrow, I thought it appropriate to start a thread about it. I'll try and review it as I play it (I'm not going to sleep tomorrow night), but so far the game looks like it'll be the RPG that the 'Box has been waiting for. If it lives up, we can finally make all of those PC and PS2 gamers jealous :twisted:.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Re: XBox luvin': Fable

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote: If it lives up, we can finally make all of those PC gamers jealous :twisted:.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever you say.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
StormTrooperTR889 wrote: If it lives up, we can finally make all of those PC gamers jealous :twisted:.

Whatever you say.
Name me a PC game where you can decapitate and enemy, and if you're fast enough, can punt the severed head across the landscape.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Darth Garden Gnome

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:Name me a PC game where you can decapitate and enemy, and if you're fast enough, can punt the severed head across the landscape.
Postal 2 (and probably the first one, too).
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:

Whatever you say.
Name me a PC game where you can decapitate and enemy, and if you're fast enough, can punt the severed head across the landscape.
*dies laughing*

Anyway, make sure to tell us how the 'consequences of actions' idea works.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:Name me a PC game where you can decapitate and enemy, and if you're fast enough, can punt the severed head across the landscape.
Postal 2 (and probably the first one, too).
Really? Does it also keep track of the number of times you've had sex, or allow you to marry members of the same sex if you so choose?
------
Lady Tevar wrote:Anyway, make sure to tell us how the 'consequences of actions' idea works.
Will do. Although I plan on playing as a pragmatic player, like I would act if I was in that situation, I might test out some of the depths of depravity and the heights of goodliness from time to time :wink:.
Darth Garden Gnome

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:Really? Does it also keep track of the number of times you've had sex, or allow you to marry members of the same sex if you so choose?
Nope. And offhand I can't think of a PC game that does. Of course, that doesn't mean that this feature will make me jealous.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Bah. In Postal 2, you can piss on people and make them puke. Oh, and you can also use their severed heads to play catch with your dog. :twisted:

EDIT: Almost forgot, you can pick up a cat, stick its ass over the barrel of the M16 or shotgun, and use it as a silencer. Also, after around 10 shots or so, the cat flies off with the next shot and gibs all over when it hits something
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The game sounds cool. Too bad it's on a Satanware console. It's bad enough I have to whore out to Microsoft for my PC's OS, I'm not paying them more money for something that is simply a cut-down computer with a custom operating system.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

White Haven wrote:The game sounds cool. Too bad it's on a Satanware console. It's bad enough I have to whore out to Microsoft for my PC's OS, I'm not paying them more money for something that is simply a cut-down computer with a custom operating system.
...and more stability. That's the main thing; I never have to wonder about sysreqs with my consoles.
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:

Whatever you say.
Name me a PC game where you can decapitate and enemy, and if you're fast enough, can punt the severed hea across the landscape.
I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game, but there was a PC game, around 1996 or 1997, medieval style, there weren't premade moves, you controlled the movement of your weapone with the mouse (or keys with basic movement, like left, right, up, down, diagonal swings, etc.).
This game didn't have the conventional HP system, well, it was there, but you could go around it, a good placed blow would chop any limb off your opponent's body, or yours, if you lost a leg, appart from the hp loss, your character would hop around in the other leg (by the way, you could just lose the foot, from the knee down, or the entire leg, depending on the blow, same with the arms), if you lost your shield arm, you would have to defend youself with the sword, the fight ended when you lost all your hp, both legs, weapon arm, or head.
Sending limbs flying also depended on the weapon, the troll had a huge club, it would chop your head off and send it flying like a baseball if it scored a good hit.
I loved this game, but it never catched up much.

A much newer title is Jedi Outcast, enable dismemberment and you can cut off any body part you want from your enemys, including slicing them in 2 halves.

So chopping heads is nothing new, in fact it was already done, better, and, apparently, found boring.
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Shogoki wrote:<snip>
You can PUNT the head around if you're quick enough with the controls.
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:Really? Does it also keep track of the number of times you've had sex, or allow you to marry members of the same sex if you so choose?
Nope. And offhand I can't think of a PC game that does. Of course, that doesn't mean that this feature will make me jealous.
Doesn't Singles do it? Does it matter? There are probably more games for the PC that are just about having sex, applaying most fetiches you can think of, than the total number of games on the Xbox. There's also Leisure Suit Larry for a little more "class".
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:
Shogoki wrote:<snip>
You can PUNT the head around if you're quick enough with the controls.
"Sending limbs flying also depended on the weapon, the troll had a huge club, it would chop your head off and send it flying like a baseball if it scored a good hit. "

Isn't that about the same, only done nearly 10 years ago, and with complete contorl of how the weapon is swinged? You didnt have to be quick, just skillful enough to do it.
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

StormTrooperTR889 wrote:
White Haven wrote:The game sounds cool. Too bad it's on a Satanware console. It's bad enough I have to whore out to Microsoft for my PC's OS, I'm not paying them more money for something that is simply a cut-down computer with a custom operating system.
...and more stability. That's the main thing; I never have to wonder about sysreqs with my consoles.
I went, picked up doom 3, installed it, and ran it without never, ever, looking at the sysreqs, and i play it at 1024X768 med detail at +40fps. And my processor is an Athlon XP 2000+, 2 or 3 years old and worth maybe $20, so there.
Last edited by Shogoki on 2004-09-14 06:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Ah yes...superior game play = punting severed heads across the landscape. :roll:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

It is if you intend to be :twisted:

Which is one of the accepted ways of plaing Fable.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

White Haven, Microsoft loses money with every Xbox it sells. That's how my geek friends justify buying it to themselves.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Guess where I will be tomorrow? YEah, that's right. *not* at work. Bite me, I got a Fable to live.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Shogoki wrote:I can't for the life of me remember the name of the game, but there was a PC game, around 1996 or 1997, medieval style, there weren't premade moves, you controlled the movement of your weapone with the mouse (or keys with basic movement, like left, right, up, down, diagonal swings, etc.).
Was it Die by the Sword?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Executor32 wrote:Bah. In Postal 2, you can piss on people and make them puke. Oh, and you can also use their severed heads to play catch with your dog. :twisted:

EDIT: Almost forgot, you can pick up a cat, stick its ass over the barrel of the M16 or shotgun, and use it as a silencer. Also, after around 10 shots or so, the cat flies off with the next shot and gibs all over when it hits something
LOL, I remember that game! IIRC, they showed the cat bit on the back of the box. :P Maybe I should look that game up sometime. ;)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

It sounds like a really good game, and I'd probably buy it if I had an X-Box, I'd probably buy it, but I already have a GameCube and PS2 and wouldn't be interested in buying another console that will be eclipsed as the next-generation consoles debut in a couple of years just for one game.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I'm getting it...and hopefully it'll be at least half what they said it would be.

Besides my X-Box feels lonely given Ninja Gaiden was the last thing I played on it.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

I'll be getting it Friday, soon as my paycheck comes. Then I'll retreat into my lair for 2 whole days. :)
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

All of you, stop polluting my thread!!!

And I would love to skip class and play all day as well, but I have not only Calc II (with the first test Monsay), but also ENES 181, which is about the only class I have that attendance matters in. So I'll be waiting for the weekend, and every night between.