ST starfleet figther (ENT era)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

ST starfleet figther (ENT era)

Post by Lord Revan »

I have been trying to draw an ENT era Starfleet figther. what do think of it?

PS. it's a work in progress so judge it as such.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

It looks like a F/a-18 with a somewhat wider body. can you add a bit of distinction to it? I mean...make it yours...so to speak.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Chardok wrote:It looks like a F/a-18 with a somewhat wider body. can you add a bit of distinction to it? I mean...make it yours...so to speak.
I was aiming for something like the DS9 figther.
Last edited by Lord Revan on 2004-09-15 08:27am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It looks nothing like an F-18, more like a 22 or a JSF or something like those.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It looks nothing like an F-18, more like a 22 or a JSF or something like those.
JSF, that's what I meant! *slaps head* Ugh, I'll take myself to the people's reeducation museum for that one. Sheesh! FRANK! COME GOUGE MY EYES OUT, PLEASE.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

What's with the wings?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Gil Hamilton wrote:What's with the wings?
what do you mean?
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Lord Revan wrote:
what do you mean?
Why would a starship bother with substantial wings and a hyper-aerodynamic body? Spaceships don't have to worry about aerodynamics, such a body trades off internal volume for surface area, something that is bad for starships.

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:
what do you mean?
Why would a starship bother with substantial wings and a hyper-aerodynamic body? Spaceships don't have to worry about aerodynamics, such a body trades off internal volume for surface area, something that is bad for starships.
Most ST spaceships don't enter athmosphere in regural basis, the ENT Shuttlepod also had wings and aerodynamic shape.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I did some changes, so here's version 2. Any better?
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Make the wings stubbier, methinks and make the warp (?) nacelles outboard (Attaching under wings or on the tips of) also, If it is atmosphere-capable, should it not have vertical stabilizers of some kind? and don't forget ports for teh 00b0r ph453 (4|\|\|\0\|\
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Chardok wrote:Make the wings stubbier, methinks and make the warp (?) nacelles outboard (Attaching under wings or on the tips of) also, If it is atmosphere-capable, should it not have vertical stabilizers of some kind? and don't forget ports for teh 00b0r ph453 (4|\|\|\0\|\
1.the Wings are meant to bend upwards so that craft would fit the launch bay of the NX-class. So the placement of the warp nacelles is a compromise.
2. Starfleet would probaly use antigrav stabilizers (the shuttlepod has only one pair of wing also), but I'll consider adding vertical stabilizers (perhaps on the sides of the nose)
3.WTF does teh 00b0r ph453 (4|\|\|\0\|\ mean?
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

The über phase cannon
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:The über phase cannon
it already has two plasma cannons, so I think that adding an phase cannon would be fanwanckery. (they brand new for christ sake!!)
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Way to much wing for a craft blasting it's way through the atmosphere by brute force. Also Warpdrive on a fighter? It will limit payload and send the pricetag through the roof and totaly wreck your efforts at streamlining.

IMPO Either do a real old style fighter, some form of SCRAM jet design or use the modern stuff in which case you don't need to bother with aerodynamics and the standard flying brick will be enough.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Lord Revan wrote:Most ST spaceships don't enter athmosphere in regural basis, the ENT Shuttlepod also had wings and aerodynamic shape.
I thought it was a starfighter, not a dedicated atmosphere plane. Sorry for the confusion.