XBox luvin': Fable

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I think that people that give a damn about the differences between PC and console games really need to grow up.

But hey, that's just me. Maybe some people find attacking a particular game to be a game in and of itself.

Anyway, yes... Fable. Good stuff. The gaming world has had a lack of RPG's (aside from Final Fantasy and its Japanese derivatives) for a while... Morrowind was great, but it's time for something new.

And what kind of moron compares an RPG to an action game, anyway?
The Great and Malignant
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

SPOOFE wrote:I think that people that give a damn about the differences between PC and console games really need to grow up.
Blame Xbox cultists; noone ever said PC games were better, Xboxers just have penis envy, and constantly harp on every game thats supposed to be good. (note the Halo effect)

That'll happen when the only decent game on the console for years is a fps that can best be described as 'bad'. I'm a console whore (someone please make a ut2k4 mod for Dynasty Warriors so I can have proper netplay etc) but honestly.

And guess what? The system I'm using now is almost three years old, it plays better games than an Xbox, and I never have to 'worry about system specs' either, because there are things called 'detail settings'. I can play Doom3 on regular detail on a three year old machine, no tweaking, no overclocking. Consolers can say what they want about consoles, but lying about system life is low. Yes, consoles tend to have better coding and thus later games are better, but so what? I can play Doom3 and I imagine HL2, so thats the issue? BAH I say, BAH. :)
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Its out todday?! WHat?!

*runs off down the road*
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

Imperial Overlord wrote:White Haven, Microsoft loses money with every Xbox it sells. That's how my geek friends justify buying it to themselves.
That's a stupid and useless way to attempt to appear "geeky" and "justify" oneself, if you really cared you just wouldn't buy it, as MS loses even more money when their products are just sit there on the shelves, so why not just admit liking it, it's not like you are going to be disgraced or anything, except, perhaps, on the eye of some of the more extremist geeks.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

What a great year for Xbox gamers; Fable, Halo 2, Burnout 3 and even KOTOR 2 is aiming for December. Life is good.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

Damnit, I got my hero married; but now I have no idea how to get the wife to put out. Has anyone found out?
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

ARGHHHH!! its not out till the 8th of October here!!!

Burn whoever made that desicion!

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Well, just found out a good freind of mine is returning to where i oiver after 6 years, it should be good to see him again.

i finally got access to the comps at college..

Bloody XP...

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Bad, Bad Spellings... :oops:

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:Damnit, I got my hero married; but now I have no idea how to get the wife to put out. Has anyone found out?
Time matters.

For some it's a very small window.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Ghost Rider wrote:
BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:Damnit, I got my hero married; but now I have no idea how to get the wife to put out. Has anyone found out?
Time matters.

Eh?
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Eeeh, my peeve with the XBOX is totally unrelated to its games. It's the fact that it's built using mostly stock parts and runs a Microsoft OS. There's zero reason, beyond moneygrubbing, for its games to be exclusive. Other consoles have an excuse, they're not made by the people who wrote Windows.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

White Haven wrote:Eeeh, my peeve with the XBOX is totally unrelated to its games. It's the fact that it's built using mostly stock parts and runs a Microsoft OS. There's zero reason, beyond moneygrubbing, for its games to be exclusive. Other consoles have an excuse, they're not made by the people who wrote Windows.
So because it's a Microsoft product they're not allowed to be exclusive? That makes no sense at all.
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Time matters.

Eh?
Literally at certain points are the only time some women put out...it's only a couple but they are there. Also you have to use the wooing technique to get them into bed for most.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Ghost Rider wrote:
BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: Time matters.

Eh?
Literally at certain points are the only time some women put out...it's only a couple but they are there. Also you have to use the wooing technique to get them into bed for most.
Well, I married the mayor of Bowersworth; do you know when the right time is to get her?

-H.L. Mencken
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:
Well, I married the mayor of Bowersworth; do you know when the right time is to get her?
I believe it's around dusk and midnight....and a shitload of flirting and gifts....and make sure your appearence is as good as you can get it.

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

I've got my hero married to two women in two different towns and I've managed to get them both into bed at least once.

I'm still trying to figure out what I did that's got most of the local female population popping up hearts whenever I walk into the room.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

SylasGaunt wrote:I've got my hero married to two women in two different towns and I've managed to get them both into bed at least once.

I'm still trying to figure out what I did that's got most of the local female population popping up hearts whenever I walk into the room.
Reputation.

Also if you're playing good, it helps a lot.

Also wearing cool looking gear raises your attractive level.

BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Ghost Rider wrote:
SylasGaunt wrote:I've got my hero married to two women in two different towns and I've managed to get them both into bed at least once.

Reputation.

Also if you're playing good, it helps a lot.

Also wearing cool looking gear raises your attractive level.
Apparently I just wasn't evil enough for her yet.... :twisted:

-H.L. Mencken
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Ghost Rider wrote:Also wearing cool looking gear raises your attractive level.
You have to worry about fashion in this game? :shock:
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

Do you have to? No, but if you want to persue the "woman (or man) of your dreams," appearance is very important. As are lots of gifts and flirting.
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

neoolong wrote:
Not really.

The better the armor, almost equals better the attractiveness.

Still too woo a chick in this game is harder then real life.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ghost Rider wrote:
neoolong wrote:
Not really.

The better the armor, almost equals better the attractiveness.

Still too woo a chick in this game is harder then real life.
Okay.. I'm not as attracted to the game now. Why do you have to get married and woo your wife?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Meh, every X-Box game worth a damn will come out on PC sooner or later- and it'll look better. That's the nature of the universe.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

WTF? I heard this game described as "dark fantasy". It sounds more like a dating sim.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.