Edi's 2nd Annual "Who's Your Favorite SDnet Denizen?&qu

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

The Entire Justice League. Never have i had such an easy time talking about comics without it being run into the mud with shitty vs arguements and fanwhore biases. Special thanks to Ghost Rider and Rob Wilson for just being cool as hell.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Stofsk: He was an early fan of my fanficcery, plus he's always a top bloke to speak to.

Darth Garden Gnome: We'll make it to California someday...

Einy: He's just so freaking cool with himself. Plus from him I've learned how to be more cool with myself.

Superman: Sheer coolness and fitness advice. Plus he knows more about horror movies than any sane man should.

I know there's a few I'm forgetting, I'll edit you in later or something. Even for those who did not make the list, I love you all. *Hugs*
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Thirdfain:Noone STGODS like Thirdfain

Rogue 9: It is Rgue 9... that needs no other explanation

Admiral Vademar: I can bio babble wth this guy

The Shep: So evil... and yet oddly, cute in that "aww what a cute litte evil monster" sort of way.

Cyran: Self Explanatory

Nitram: Self Explanatory

Tevar:Self explanatory

Durandal: I love making horrible innuendos, and not many people would take that in good humor. So, he gets massive kudos and a pat on the back.

The Rest of the Sd.Net Dept. of Biological Sciences

All of my regular RP friends(excluding Laz)

Zaia

Marcao: I fear the day when he writes a fanfic... as if his posts in the STGOD are an indication, he will swrite a novella, and put it in a siingle post...

DOnt make me list out EVERYONE on my buddy list...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Falkenhorst: Because after the AIM convos i've had with him i'm afraid he'd hunt me down and mount me on his wall or something if I didn't put him here. Send help, He's got a gun /jk
Ace Pace: Always fun to chat with.
StarshipTitanic: Flame wars in the chat room are fun.
PsychoSmiley: SKI FOR EVER!!!
Sea Skimmer: All hail the great Leader!!!
Shep: What would the board be without him?
Durandal: His smack downs are so funny that even when I'm the one he's using as a Chew toy I can't help but be amused by his humor.
Ein: Let the railgunnery commence!!!
Wong: For allowing this Board to exist.
Various others: I've undoubtably forgotten you in my hour of tired. But no one's posted me on their list yet so I don't feel too sad about forgetting you. :D. None the less should I remember anyone else once i've gotten some sleep I'll add you to the list. Till that point, Sorry.
Last edited by darthdavid on 2004-09-17 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Knife is a sexy beast.

That said, I have to go with Lonestar, Tsyroc, and the other Squids. Power to da Navy!

And everyone else in The Mess.

Now, as to the civilians...

Zaia, Dalton, DGG, Mitth, and so many others.

And a special recognition to Phong and Steve. They met me in real life and can vouch that I'm really normal.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

frigidmagi wrote:Knife-Got me into the Mess and let me into his fic.
I'm the one you should thank. All he did was talk to you. I did the rest of the work. For the most part.

:P
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

RogueIce wrote:
frigidmagi wrote:Knife-Got me into the Mess and let me into his fic.
I'm the one you should thank. All he did was talk to you. I did the rest of the work. For the most part.

:P
*smack* Yeah, you can come up with jarhead specific questions, huh boot?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Knife wrote:*smack* Yeah, you can come up with jarhead specific questions, huh boot?
Sure I can.

When did you stand on the yellow footprints?

How many times and with what force should you use to "knock" on your DI's door?

And so on.

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I'd like to mention someone I think slips under most people's radar:
Kuroneko, one fantastic poster.

And, of course all the "heavy hitters" of the board are great to read, and we all pretty much know who they are...
So I won't mention them! :P
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
BlkbrryTheGreat
BANNED

Post by BlkbrryTheGreat »

No one notices me. *Sniff* :(
Devolution is quite as natural as evolution, and may be just as pleasing, or even a good deal more pleasing, to God. If the average man is made in God's image, then a man such as Beethoven or Aristotle is plainly superior to God, and so God may be jealous of him, and eager to see his superiority perish with his bodily frame.

-H.L. Mencken
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

BlkbrryTheGreat wrote:No one notices me. *Sniff* :(
who are you? :wink:
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

/me drops an electronics surveillance ship on you

Happy? :P
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Agent Fisher wrote:
who are you? :wink:
great now I have that fuckin song stuck in my head, will I have to mutillate my face to get Townsends Guitar, Moon's drums etc out of my noggin....

fuck and they were playing a CSI re-run tonight....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I'll name a few off the top of my head.

Darth Wong: The master of everything I see before me -- on my computer screen. Seriously, I have nothing but respect and admiration for DW, from his eternal display of logic to his putting up with us for as long as he has. :twisted:

Stravo: It's also good to hear a New Yorker, either in person or in text, especially one with an avatar of Kirk from one of my favorite TOS episodes. His writing skills truly are second to none and even with the sucess I've enjoyed with "The Best of Both Worlds", I still hold him and DW as the masters of the SW/ST crossover fanfic.

And speaking of which...

Crazed Wraith, Rob Walpher, Darth David: Heh, my biggest fans on my own story. It's always a pleasure to hear their input and ideas for the story -- plus the ongoing bit of Rob acting like Vader and having chopped off my hand for failing to upload another chapter always brings a smile to my face (and I will have a new chapter up soon -- I promise. :wink: _

Ghost Rider: Truly a nice guy, plus it's fun to trade theories and speculation with him (and he's tolerant of my posting oopsies). Plus his Sailor Bacon bit in my Anime Costume Help Thread cracked me up, truth be told.

Lady Tevar: What can I say? Half of the official SD.Net couple, a fellow DCUA fan, and a reader of my Justice Leauge/Nadia fic (plus she's taken an interest in my proposed Sherlock Holmes/Ra's al Ghul crossover -- once I get the time of course. :twisted: )

Spanky: Fun to discuss DCUA material with and also to trade barbs from time to time -- but in a good way! :P . Plus the Dolphin puts up with my sometimes obstuse humor.

Batman: As a longtime Batman fan, this guy's impersonations and role playing crack me up big time.

Stofsk: Good Trek fan to talk with -- plus he's shown interest in my knowledge of the Lost Era books and I have shared information with him for a proposed fanfic set durign that time period (I still don't agree with his nomination idea back when we discussed the Malaysia Trek Board and he made the suggestion of a custom user rank of "Digital Pimp", but hey that's just me. :twisted: ).

To anybody I forgot, I apologize! You will get mentioned on this post once my twisted brain recalls your faces and names.
The Yosemite Bear

Shit you've got one on the back burner too?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Shit you've got one on the back burner too?
I think I might; the problem is that given the time of day and how long I've been up, well...If there is somebody I forogt, the name just isn't presenting itself to my brain -- at least not yet, anyway.

Amazing how the human mind works, eh? :wink:
The Yosemite Bear

Mine's down to two titles

"The Pygmalion of Crime"

or

"Slight of Mind"

basic plotline: abused child grows to idolize Moriarity, eventually stealing the coded copies of his journels from a musem (on loan to Gotham University from New Scotland Yard). Eventually setting in motion something that Ras and The Professor started years ago...

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Edit -- Crap, I was right; I did forget somebody. Who you might ask?

None other than our ruthless Decepticon Leader, Galvatron.

Galvatron: A fellow TF fan and a funny roleplayer -- best evidenced back in July when Blair said that the so-called Iraq WMD would never be found. Anyway, out of good humor, I insulted Blair with a series of English /Klingon curses and ended my taunt with "Spawn of Unicron".

Naturally, Galvatron had...issues, with that statment. He of course was also kidding arround wiht his response and I've had a good laught over that bit of exchange (and if you go to Optimus Prime vs. Galvatron thread in OST, you'll see the same type of exchange occuring once more).

Well, that should be it from my list.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Shit you've got one on the back burner too?
Edit -- Yes, I do have a Holmes fanfic on the back burner.
Last edited by JME2 on 2004-09-18 02:36am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Ghost Rider

Very knowledgable and logical guy. He is a great source of information on comics. SDnet would not be the same without him.

Darth Wong

I disagree with him on religon but otherwise he is amazing. Probobly one of the best online debators

Stravo

He writes some amazing stories. He also started some deep and thoughtful threads.

Stofsk

I love discussing trek with him.

Aleyska

The autority on Trek in SDnet. Very knowledgable about the subject. He also knows a lot about militaries.

Sea Skimmer

He is the great leader. He knows everything that is remotely related to the military.

Vympel

The expert on Russian military hardware.

MKSheppard

When you get to know him better he is a great guy.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Durandal: My co-author, partner in crime, and onetime host. A genuine friend.

The Kernel: Another great guy. Come hell or high water, we'll make the Aspen meet happen.

IP: Easily the smartest high schooler I've ever met, upperclassman division. Another guy I'd really like to meet, preferably on a beach in Florida with his hot Florida friends.

Darth Wong: Needs no introduction. Taught me that if you're an ass man, you can use the full Exorcist technique to check out women and never worry about getting caught.

Kuroneko: I second what Frank said. The man never opens his mouth unless something relevant is coming out. I watched him dismantle Cornelius (admittedly not a hard target) once so calmly and methodically I don't think Corny even realized what was going on. Maybe the one guy on this board I'd bet on against Mike.

Patrick Degan: Another of the grand masters, and a treat to watch in action if you're not his current victim.

Frank Hipper: Speaking of Frank, here's another guy I'd like to sit down with in a bar for an hour or six.

Hemlock Grey: Smartest teenager I know, underclassman division. If the board is still around in around 2010, he's going to be an absolute terror in debates.

Stravo: "What a fucking hack." :lol:

Chardok: The bar is getting pretty crowded. Just remember, eventually things will get better for your Phins. Eventually.

ColCrackpot: I feel better about the Eagles getting pasted last year because you guys would have wiped the floor with us. Ty Law vs. Todd Pinkston would have been like a Chiuhuaha covered in barbecue sauce locked in a Rottweiler cage.

Zaia: She's an awful nice lady. Better than a lot of the teachers I had.

The Duchess of Zeon: Our first lesbian president. I'd vote for her.

Innerbrat: She's hot, she's bisexual, and she digs up dinosaurs for a living. What else needs to be said?

Alyrium: One of my favorite of the youngesters here, though since he's entered college, I guess youngster doesn't apply.

Edi: Yet another guy I'd buy a beer.

Dalton: If Mike ever retired, he's the guy I'd trust to run the forum.

Joe: My go-to guy for all arguments economic. I'm a lot more comfortable in an argument if he's in it on my side. And since I have no Division 1A football team loyalties, go Dawgs.

CrimsonRaine: My sister.

Cairber: My closest friend in real life.

Sea Skimmer: If there was an all-military Jeopardy!, this guy would take Ken Jennings to school. Another guy who's good to have on your side in an argument.

Spanky: For as many bad feelings as I had for him, he's recovered a lot in my mind. Definitely the guy to talk to if you want to talk movies, and he's taken far more than his share of abuse in Fast Times like a good sport.

Thirdfain: Outside of the STGOD, he's a guy who I think is under most people's radars, but I've never seen post of his I didn't like.

AND THE NEWBIE:

Bohemianfey: She's just awesome. I've been talking with her over AIM most of today, and it's been a treat the whole time.

I'm sure I forgot people. No offense was intended by any accidental omissions.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Darth Wong- every post is a winner, I may not agree with him every time, but still waiting for an illogical post.

Shep- One half crazy, one half genius about guns, what else needs to be said?

Skimmer- Where the fuck does he know all this? Can't be google :P

Kernel- Well, great guy to talk with, and THE person to talk too about computers.

DGG- For Keeping SEGNOR alive.

Mitth and Foo- The resident Jailbaits, and fun people to talk to.

Rogue 9- One link wonder of spelling and D&D.

Red Imp-I keep waiting on his speachs, their awesome.

DarthDavid- Fun guy, even when he's totatly wrong

Broomstick- Know it all about flying planes, his posts are entertaining to read.

IUknown- Yes, Evilcat, the guys funny in his own way, even when hes the long living chewtoy.

For all the rest I forgot... thank you for making the board this way.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

RedImperator wrote:Thirdfain: Outside of the STGOD, he's a guy who I think is under most people's radars, but I've never seen post of his I didn't like.
I have, generally when the post concerns dismantling one of my fleets or allies, or inciting terrorist strikes against me. :P Still, great STGODer, even though I tend to lose my temper.

Frigidmagi: I got him in here so he could join the STGOD, and he's done better in other aspects of the board than I ever thought he would.

BohemianFey: Well, apparently I'm her hero now, so I couldn't exactly leave her out. :wink:

Alyrium: I have a great time when we're off invading some fundie hellhole together. We complement each other remarkably well, it seems. Here's to many more "expeditions" to come!

Sea Skimmer: Because he's THE GREAT LEADER. What else is there to say? :wink:

Laird: Yeah, I'm an RvB freeloader. Bite me. :P Thanks for pointing me to the greatness that is Red vs. Blue.

Agent Fisher: Thanks for pointing me to all those HALO clips today, man. Absolutely made my afternoon. :D

Connor MacLeod: Thanks for the occasional tips. I really appreciate it.

Nitram: Yeah, he just bitched me out today. That doesn't counter the good times playing D&D and flaming Elfy Boy. :D

MKSheppard: Get past all the nuclear rhetoric, and he's not half bad.

Stravo: The man writes StarCrossed. 'Nuff said.

Ender: It's been a while, but he's bailed me out a couple different times on a few things. Thanks.

Zaia: Fellow musician and all-around wonderful person. Though she was a lot more fun before she became a mod. (I kid, I kid. :wink:)

Captain Cyran: For letting me administer verilonitis vaccines in his absence. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

The Alliance: STGODers with whom I am currently at war. The simple fact they've all kept it together despite my blatantly evil power play gives them a fistful of points in my book. frigid, it's been fun.

Rogue 9: Hey, he's certainly my favorite Lawful Good Level 2 College Student.

Alyrium: Longtime player of games and a friend OOC. Nice guy.

Enforcer Talen: When I first joined, he was nice to me. Cool fella with some interesting viewpoints.

Stravo: Why not add a voice to the choir? Starcrossed rocks my socks.

Nitram: This guy has the most vitriolic tongue I've ever heard, and what makes him really insufferable is that he's usually right. My kind of scum.

Pablo Sanchez: You've made the STGOD for me. Good thinker, diabolical, a dangerous poster, and a fair and honest mod.

Redimperator+Durandel: Fast Times is badass, and they are both good guys.

Last but not Least:

Bugsby, Hotfoot, and Marcao: Hey, kids! Glad you all still don't hate me, I've tried my best to earn it. You punks are part of what makes this board for me. Hotfoot's furious anger and well-made points, Marcao's monstrous posts and excellent modding, Bugsby's weird-ass philosophy and solid STGODing... Good men all.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Shroom Man 777... he's among the few of my close friends which I've never met in person.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"