Edi's 2nd Annual "Who's Your Favorite SDnet Denizen?&qu

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Allow me to add a few:

Stormbringer: We swap college war stories and were able to keep up friendly conversation even whilst stabbing each other in the back. Hell of a guy. Taught me what I know about naval designation and combat.

Straha: Eat spam, wench! Another STGOD companion, IC and out.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Sheez, where do I start...

Cyran: for being a fellow NYer, a buddy, a fellow black mage, and a hell of a lot of fun to talk to.

Dalton: I owe you a lot, man. Without your advice, my fanfic career would've ended almost as soon as it started. Thanks for hosting my fics and even eltting me help write the GSDAs. I'm not soon forgetting you.

Ghost Rider: Just totally engaging. Whenever I'm on AIM and his window pops up, I can't NOT talk to him. A big Final Fantasy fan with a great sense of humor.

David: Where the fuck are you, man? You were one of the first guys I got to know on this board. It's been a wild ride, dude.

Nitram and Tevar: Nitram for his caustic sense of humor, Tevar for her enthusiastic fic support. And they're in the SCA, so they definately get a mention. :wink:

Zaia: An absolute godsend. Zaia is a ball to talk to, and I still remember the time I pulled my head out of the sand and actually started conversing with her. She's fun, frisky, and someone I can always rely on for a little good advice. Just watch out for the claws. :wink:

Duchess of Zeon: One of the few people I have the option of speaking to at 3AM and recieving a coherent reply. I don't how she does it, but she does. And she's a furry, so I have to give the nod here.

InnerBrat: Another furry. She has, to me, a hit-or-miss sense of humor that garners no reaction between a mild smirk and hysterical laughter.

LT Hit-Man: My list just can't be complete without him. His fics are hysteria incarnate (in more ways than one), he's totally unapologetic about what he likes, and his typing style is...unique....

Stormbringer: There are days I want to throttle you like nothing else. Damn you for living in a town with a greater availabilty of 40K stuff than me! It's still cool talking to you, thoug. :wink:

Stravo: The man. He's got the fics. He's got the life stories. He's got it all. Keep it going, Strav.

There's plenty of others I could go on about, but then I'd be sitting here for the rest of the day. Rob Wilson, verilon, Lusankya, Bob, Damaramu, 2000AD, Darth Garden Gnome, and so many others keep this place enjoyable. Thanks to all.
JADAFETWA
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Thanks for all the mentions. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Anyway, a few off the top of my head...don't get upset if you're omitted, yadda yadda ;)

Chuck Sonnenburg: My best internet friend for over five years now. I owe a lot of who I am to you, bro.

Zaia: You've been there through good and bad and through you I saw parts of me I didn't even know existed.

Mike Wong: Because you had enough trust in me to give me such evil, evil power.

Cmdrwilkens: Greg, you da man, mothafucka. Semper Fi.

Rob Wilson and Lurker: You are, as the Aussies say, "top blokes". Thanks for coming to my little corner of the world and showing me what it's like to hang out with two batshit-insane Brits.

Ghost Rider: A mix of Bruce Lee and Comic Book Guy, and you also give me free tax advice :) You are an all-around superhero.

Hotfoot, the Jay to my Silent Bob, and Marcao: Come out my way again, guys.

Phil Skayhan: I want more ASVS Headline News, dammit! :)

Durandal and RedImperator: You are a tag team of asskickers. I am proud to work with you two.

seanrobertson: There are no words to express how much of an awesome guy you are.

Wayne Poe: I owe you a drink, bro.

Aron Kerkhof: Geeking out with you was the most fun I've had recently. Thanks for coming out, and thanks for hosting my website :)

Kuja: Bro, what you said meant a great deal to me, and I thank you for it. You are a great wellspring of potential and I see a lot of good things in your future.

RogueIce: Even though you are such an annoying person over AIM ;) you're still what I like to call a "good kid". Keep doing what you're doing and being who you're being.

Big Steve: Keep on telling your stories.

Stravo: Welcome aboard, my youngish apprentice :)

Phong: You saved my ass on more than one occasion when my computer decided to throw up.

Alyeska and Chris O'Farrell: My Stargate partners-in-crime.

Das Innerbrat: Thank you for being you!

Iceberg: My fellow RPG and Anime dork. You've been a great friend over the years :)

Batman: You're goddamn hilarious.

And to all my other ASVS and SDN buddies, you rock too, so don't think that because you're not here means that you don't matter to me.

[EDIT] Couple of additions.
Last edited by Dalton on 2004-09-18 08:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Heh, theres a few

Ace Pace, because he is about the only onewho actully talkes to me.. and because we appear to be Dopplegangers...

Id have to say Col Crackpot, because hes always got some smartass thing to say, same as with Chardok

and a fair few few of the people i talk to on AIM, as we seem to have the strangest convos..
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

My favorite people on SD.net. Hrmm...

Zaia - one of my girlies that I met on SD.net. She's so loverly and we've connected alot this past year. One day I'll present her with a double chocolate cheesecake.

CrimsonRaine - the other one of my girlies that I met on SD.net. We've been talking alot lately and she's all aces in my book. I suspect she's a pop singing vampire though. :)

Phong - Whatta guy. He knows Stuff. Lots of Stuff. Likes Planetes, which gets a thumbs up from me. Always interesting to talk to.

seanrobertson - One of the most likable guys on the board. Always fun to talk to. I need to start more inane arguments in the PST, just go get into discussions with him.

God... you'd think this would be easier... I like alot of people on this board, but to make a list? Oy.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dalton wrote:Thanks for all the mentions. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
As warm and fuzzy as you are on the outside? Admit it, ya softie.

Oh yeah, I gotta mention you in more detail. For giving me what is probably the most unique title on this board (well, two, but we've forgotten the "Sailor Boy" incident, now haven't we?), and having the mad Admin skillz to do it.

I'd also recognize him for being the cool guy who got me hooked on B5, but first I have to wait until the movie shows up. Eventually. :P :wink:
Dalton wrote:RogueIce: Even though you are such an annoying person over AIM ;) you're still what I like to call a "good kid". Keep doing what you're doing and being who you're being.
Will do, sir.

As for AIM: I gotta make sure you feel loved, dude. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Gotta add a few myself:
-Dalton, for being a very tolerant mod WRT user stupidity, for being a fellow Discworld fan, for knowing about the awesomeness of flightless waterfowl, and because he has power over me on account of knowing my real name :P
-SirNitram, because I'm terrified of him, and because he's the god of D&D debates,
-TYB, for being an all around awesome guy, for being older than me, and for NOT taking offense at me making fun of his spelling,
-Einy, for being who he is, and for supplying a 'seriously WTF' smiley when I needed it,
-RI and Patrick Degan for some awesome debating skills,
-Superman, for the obvious reasons,
-Alyeska, for seriously being a Trek fan WITHOUT in any way being a trektard,
-Sea Skimmer, for propably having forgotten more about hideously expensive weapon systems than I could ever hope to learn (and people think I'm nuts about military stuff),
-IB, even though she's a dog person (and if you think that's carrying a grudge ask one of the Weberites about Queen Elizabeth ;) )
-and I think this is were I give up. There's just to many of you people, and you're just too way cool.
Thanks for taking me in.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Batman wrote:Gotta add a few myself:
-Dalton, for being a very tolerant mod WRT user stupidity, for being a fellow Discworld fan, for knowing about the awesomeness of flightless waterfowl, and because he has power over me on account of knowing my real name :P
Thanks, Bruce.

...shit.
To Absent Friends

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Dalton wrote: ...shit.
Come again? (IOW, I have no clue what that's about. I'm prophylactically sorry in case whatever it's about is my fault...)
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Batman wrote:
Dalton wrote: ...shit.
Come again? (IOW, I have no clue what that's about. I'm prophylactically sorry in case whatever it's about is my fault...)
Well shouldn't you be little paranoid about your name just being bandied about :wink: ?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Ghost Rider wrote: Well shouldn't you be little paranoid about your name just being bandied about :wink: ?
Oh please.
Everybody knows that real name (one of the drawbacks of being a comic book character I guess).
I was talking about the one that would be my real name if I weren't actually Batman...
Nevertheless I admit I didn't get the joke. :oops:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, I haven't been here for long, so my list is fairly short:

Batman For reading through my essay, correcting it and being most supportive.

Stravo - For writing Starcrossed and for being a fellow (former) Andromeda fan.

F'teik, His Divine Shadow, Master of Ossus & Illuminatus Prime
For the chiss debates and all the other topics they have debated.
They are the ones who caused me to buy sourcebooks. (Not to mention their extensive Star Wars Knowledge).

Darth Wong For maintaining this wonderful site and because of the Hate Mail section which manages to cheer me up everytime I'm down.

Grand Admiral Thrawn Just because.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Batman wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: Well shouldn't you be little paranoid about your name just being bandied about :wink: ?
Oh please.
Everybody knows that real name (one of the drawbacks of being a comic book character I guess).
I was talking about the one that would be my real name if I weren't actually Batman...
Nevertheless I admit I didn't get the joke. :oops:
You silly person! :teeth:
To Absent Friends

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Dalton wrote: You silly person! :teeth:
I could swear that's another in-joke though for the life of me I can't place it.
I give up. Spoil me.
@Thanas:Much obliged, though I think you're overestimating my contribution.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Batman wrote:
Dalton wrote: You silly person! :teeth:
I could swear that's another in-joke though for the life of me I can't place it.
I give up. Spoil me.
Not really, no. Just something from Monty Python :)
To Absent Friends

Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

I STILL lurk too much and so my list is damn short:

Darth Wong- For giving us a fun and interesting place to hang out in cyberspace!

Kuja- All around nice guy!

Dalton- Fellow anime fan, made me an Excel Saga fan for life.

Sea Skimmer- All hail the great leader. Knows his stuff!

If I've forgotten anyone, forgive me!:mrgreen:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Dalton wrote: Not really, no. Just something from Monty Python :)
That qualifies as an in-joke in my book, but at least I have an excuse: Most of Monty Python I only saw in german...
And I vote we cap it here. We're derailing this thread as it is...
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

All the guys and girls of GALE for a start, especially the man who keeps it all togeather Frank Hipper.

Mike for hosting pics of my Jack Osbourne mug (though i think he has my mug as i'm older)

Dalton for being Dalton

Stravo for writting one of the best stories i've ever read

TYB, he always seems to post something funny just when i need a laugh.

But in particular my favourite person on this board has to be Einy. Einy showed me, quite graphically, that it was damn good being gay.

However it must be said that each and every menber on this board makes this place so great.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yess, finally another mention and some ego stroking.....

remind me pounder did you see the two AT-AT's going at it?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Mike, of course.

Then Stravo, Dalton, Aly, jmac, zaia, Y. Bear, Shep (whatever you say about the guy, he's funny as hell), GAT (though I haven't seen him in a LONG time), sean robertson, really the list goes on and on. I know I'm forgetting about 50 people who deserve to be here, too.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

What, you even sigged me and I didn't make your list? :wink:

A few additions:

Dalton: The FUQ always makes me smile when I need it, and you took my good word to let Frigid in on Hotmail. Thanks.

Knife: Apparently I'm getting in his fanfic, so he gets a mention.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Hmmm. Well I've not been here long, but I'll give this a go.

Keevan_Colton He brought me here and well... he's Kev.

Coaan Tehehe one of my best friends.

The Kernel He gave me webspace and seems to a be an all around nice guy.

RedImp I'v been talking to him on AIM and he's a
"stand up guy"

Spanky The Dolphin I only started talking to him last night, but he's awesome.

Verilion dude. He's Ver.

Ace Pace Ace's been really nice to me since I arrived and he deserves a mention.

Utsan for putting up with multiple chat invitations.

The Shep because he's bloody crazy.

InnerBrat for her corset! w00ts for not breathing.

Darth Wong Mike's beem so helpful the last coupld of days.

StormTrooperNumbersIcan'tremember He IMed me the first day I joined and has just been nice on as a whole.

Zaia for being Zaia

and...

I think I'll stop there before I start really rambling.

If I forgot you I apologise!

And I've already got a forgetter.

RogueIce for throwing good hissy fits about being forgotten.
Last edited by bohemianfey on 2004-09-19 02:05am, edited 1 time in total.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

hemlock, still the smartest kid I know. hope your still gunning for that presidency plot we talked about.

innerbrat, sexy fun ukland person.

wong, my deprogrammer. no religion for me.

sauren, sexay beast.

egg foo too young, our bundle of illegal fun.

aly, for tentacle rape =p and some very interesting bio chats.

aiif, our little band of fundyhunters.

the mess, of course.

and, of course, all the other monkeys :D
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

I think Tlen forgot to take his happy pills.
Last edited by Alyrium Denryle on 2004-09-18 11:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Yes, There is no fight club

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin