Ep 1: The Phantom Rewrite

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Zac Naloen wrote:Dude... that was so much better than the original...
Thanks. I'm really glad people like it. Hopefully I'll be able to start posting 'Ep 2 Attack of the Rewrites' in a little while. The changes here spiral into bigger changes there.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Mr. Sinister
Padawan Learner

Post by Mr. Sinister »

I have to say that I was really impressed with this. I felt that the changes you made gave the story sort of a ‘classic trilogy’ feel. Hard to describe but it felt truer to the original trilogy than the prequels. One of the best changes was to Jar-Jar. The changes you made to him, a diplomat, made him funnier, in my opinion. Putting a dignified person in repeatedly undignified situations. I like it.

The most important change, I feel, is establishing a relationship between Owen Larrs and Anakin Skywalker. Not only does it deepen the sense of tragedy when Anakin does fall, but you’ve also created an interesting and believable character. He sort of seems Han Solo-ish. All in all, a very enjoyable look at what might have been. I look forward to Ep. II.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Good stuff, if this was what Episode I was actually like, there would have been very few complaints, IMO.
SpyderGS
Youngling

Post by SpyderGS »

I have to agree with Mr. Sinister. It definitely took on the atmosphere of the classic trilogy and his assessment of the Owen/Anakin relationship is spot on. Even more so, I think that it would better reveal the bitterness felt towards Obi-Wan in Ep. IV when talking with Luke and the sadness when discussing Luke's father.
The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Thanks again guys. It's really great to see people picking up on and appreciating what I was going for. I always though there should have been way more to Owen in the prequals, considering his palpable bitterness in ANH.

All I ask is that when one of your friends complains about TPM you tell them about this thing you read on the net. :)
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Mark S wrote:Thanks again guys. It's really great to see people picking up on and appreciating what I was going for. I always though there should have been way more to Owen in the prequals, considering his palpable bitterness in ANH.

All I ask is that when one of your friends complains about TPM you tell them about this thing you read on the net. :)
I certainly will!

The big problem now is that when I see Owen's charred skeleton in ANH, I'm going to get teary eyed. How could somebody so cool be slaughtered so unmercifully like that?

I'm looking forward to reading your rewritten Episode 2.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.