Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Maybe I'm just crazy, but am I the only one noticing a certain, er... preponderance for B&W shots in this thread...?

EDIT: Hey, I just realized I DO have another picture of myself in a suit:

A still frame from a (not very good) movie I was in, a couple years back... when I had shorter hair...
The Great and Malignant
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Namarie wrote: Aran... Is that pimp cane in the last one?!! Lol, I love it!! :) (err.. even if its not a pimp cane, its a nice touch! :D )
Ummm... "pimp cane"? I must confess myself unfamilar with the idiom... :oops:

Aside from that, glad you appreciate! :)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Namarie wrote:Zaia, Im so jealous!! All I get is a bunch of men in skirts for my preformances. :D
*grins* Well then, babe, move on up into the classical percussion world! Then you'll get to swim in tuxedoed men just like me! ;-)
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Did somebody mention suits?

And the Full size version.

EDIT: That thing on the wall in the background is my BA diploma. Just thought I'd mention it.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

RedImperator wrote:</snip>
Hmmm in general I like, but a few pointers...

See how the lighting is directly on you face? Try to make it more interesting. Like the light coming down from and angle, backlight, or from the side. Hell, even have it coming up if you like. Having the light not facing dead center makes for more interesting shadows and gives the eye something to play with rather than having one solid, bland focus point. Also, you might want to mess around with the shadows and highlight add just a little bit more contrast.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Ummm... "pimp cane"? I must confess myself unfamilar with the idiom...
Well, pimps carry canes, usually with a disgustingly large decorative "jewel" (read: probably plastic) on the end. The cool pimps have blads stashed inside their canes.

But... yeah. Unless you're a Dickens character, it's pretty much assumed any cane you'll be carrying will be a "pimp cane"...
The Great and Malignant
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

SPOOFE wrote:Maybe I'm just crazy, but am I the only one noticing a certain, er... preponderance for B&W shots in this thread...?

EDIT: Hey, I just realized I DO have another picture of myself in a suit:

A still frame from a (not very good) movie I was in, a couple years back... when I had shorter hair...
You look like the sort of telemarketer who would call me at 4 am in the morning to ask me about whether I want to buy a set of legal text books.

Either that or you'd be one of those Jehovah's witnesses who always keep coming by to ask me if I want help shoveling mym sidewalk durign winter :P
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Actually, I played a character named Guiliani Sr. whose son has been possessed by an Evil Purple Cloak named Steve, and I hire Jefferson Davis to hunt him down.

... It wasn't a very good movie. But, at the same time, it was so wonderful.
The Great and Malignant
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

SPOOFE wrote:Actually, I played a character named Guiliani Sr. whose son has been possessed by an Evil Purple Cloak named Steve, and I hire Jefferson Davis to hunt him down.

... It wasn't a very good movie. But, at the same time, it was so wonderful.
Did it have Jehovah's telemarketers in it?
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

No, but if it did, it probably woulda been good.
The Great and Malignant
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

SPOOFE wrote:
Ummm... "pimp cane"? I must confess myself unfamilar with the idiom...
Well, pimps carry canes, usually with a disgustingly large decorative "jewel" (read: probably plastic) on the end. The cool pimps have blads stashed inside their canes.

But... yeah. Unless you're a Dickens character, it's pretty much assumed any cane you'll be carrying will be a "pimp cane"...
Erm... somehow, I don't quite think stained and varnished pine with a drawer-pull for the top quite fits the definition of "pimp cane"... I was sort of trying for the Victorian look, to tell the truth. If I'd wanted to go for the pimp look, I'd have rented a lime-green zoot suit, bought up an assload of cheap bling, and get a set of rings that say somethin' vulgar... oh yeah, and let's not forget the alligator shoes and carryin' shootin' irons in the back of the belt!! (Not that I have any to pack, mind you...)
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

You all didn't think I'd forgotten you, right?
Last edited by bohemianfey on 2004-09-30 06:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

bohemianfey wrote:http://bohemianfey.frozenflame.org/french/french.gif

Merci, madame.

You were right about 'feeling French' tonight; I think that just sent a spike on my ancestral Frogdar. :P
By His Word...
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Ooh! A non-horizontal shot (not criticizing your previous offerings, of course). Very nice, especially with the color cast and peekaboo haircut. Question... is that your real hair, or a wig?

Anyway... here's something to contrast my typical fare:

The Great and Malignant
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Utsanomiko wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:http://bohemianfey.frozenflame.org/french/french.gif

Merci, madame.

You were right about 'feeling French' tonight; I think that just sent a spike on my ancestral Frogdar. :P
w00t I feel special and green.
SPOOFE wrote:Ooh! A non-horizontal shot (not criticizing your previous offerings, of course). Very nice, especially with the color cast and peekaboo haircut. Question... is that your real hair, or a wig?

Anyway... here's something to contrast my typical fare:

http://www.madaproductions.com/spoofe/p ... FEglee.jpg
I'm totally loving that picture, the colours could have been a bit better, but still <3.

And yep, that's my real hair.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I had to fiddle with colors a bit. We had just filled the room with cigar smoke, and so the whole thing was really hazy.

Here's the resized, but otherwise unaltered version...

The Great and Malignant
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

One of my latest self portraits...I think it's better than most I've taken so far...

bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

These may have been posted before (I can't remember) but they sure as hell don't show now.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

First one's been posted, I believe... second one hasn't been, I'm pretty sure. That said, nice pics... I like the second one. Looks more candid, open, ya know?
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Elheru Aran wrote:First one's been posted, I believe... second one hasn't been, I'm pretty sure. That said, nice pics... I like the second one. Looks more candid, open, ya know?
Yeah, it was basically only taken to show off my new piercing.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

As good a self-portrait as i'm gonna get in a while (stupid camera lense)

Taken today because i needed passport photo's for a bus pass:

Also available in limited edition gold foil :D

and that's the limit of my crappy scanning and photo manipulaton program (or at least the ones that look good)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, I won't have access to a digital camera or another scanner for a little while, so you'll have to settle on JME2, done in Photoshop and in my personal cartooning style (which you can find here if you're not familiar with it.

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

And now for the real example, as seen in the "What do You Look Like" thread:

bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

The things I do for you people. Well... not really for you guys at all, but still.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

you seem to have almost exactly the same figure as my ex girlfriend, very nice. Thankfully you look nothing like her or i'd be slightly worried :P
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy