My Fantasy hackwork-aka: Godskin

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

My Fantasy hackwork-aka: Godskin

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Godskin

Prologue: A council of Warlords

Warlord Kaleer, lord of Greater Earth, emperor of Ylaguard, author of Destiny, stood before his peers for the first time in an age.
In the vast, dark chamber his voice echoed as he spoke. “Order!, the council of Warlords is assembled. Comrades, the final phase is soon to be implemented, and I must ensure we are prepared for that implementation”. He raised his hand and presented a blue-silvery object in his taloned hand. “Present, comrades, the pieces of the key”. Between them the other Warlords presented a total of nine similar objects, the objects did not look alike at a first glance, but on a second look they seemed as if they might all fit together in some type of complex three dimensional jigsaw. “Excellent”, Kaleer nodded approvingly. The others had not died for nothing, Technerach, Thoneisei, Ikligar… names that were barely even memories to him any more…
Kaleer shook himself back into the real world, and the summit of monsters he now addressed. “Sir, what of the Rebellion under Kaharna, could they not hinder the implementation of phase four?”, the question came from the blubbery, homogenous mass of flesh that was the Warlord Jagara. Kaleer fixed him with an ice-white stare, to his credit, the worm did not fail to meet his masters gaze for a second. “The Rebellion is no serious threat to us, in fact they may be useful for our own purposes. In any case, once the implementation is complete they will be of no consequence”. The folds of fat on what, by process of elimination, must be Jagaras face, moved around in a way which indicated a frown. “But shouldn’t we destroy them before the implementation, in order to tie up loose ends, sort of thing?”. There was silence.
Warlord Berensel raised her thin, vultures head, “there is something to be said for that, our forces have been fighting savagely against the Rebellion for years now, and I do not believe in leaving a job unfinished”. Kaleer turned to her, his expression hardened, “the implementation will finish them, we will slay two birds with one stone, so to speak”. Silence again. Warlord Acherea stepped forward on her tripod legs, “I wonder, do we underestimate the Rebellion. Kaharna has acted in unexpected manners on numerous occasions in the past, as have his staff. I believe we should be sure of their destruction, if only for the sake of caution”.
Warlord Octoplaurs facial tentacles vibrated slightly as he spoke, “the rebellion is no threat to us, numerically, and many of their recruits are nothing but angry young idealists or desperate criminals. Their strength lies in Guerrilla actions, not in large scale projects, and the disruption of Phase four would be a large project indeed for them. You seem to be worrying over nothing, Acherea”. Meusleighner, regent of the world, looked at Octoplaur quizzically “odd that you see them as so little a threat, considering how active they have been in your realm of late. How many died in the last city they took?, thirty thousand, was it?, the price you pay for underestimating your foe…”
“Enough, perhaps the Rebellion is more dangerous than previously thought, perhaps not. In any case it cannot hurt us to make sure they do not interfere. I am correct in the knowledge that the Rebellion has allied itself with the Zealot citadels in Kshekan?”
“You are indeed correct, sir”.
“Good, then we can arrange matters so as to eradicate them both before the implementation. I shall begin the planning in one day. Now that this issue is settled…”
“Sir, really, why waste time and resources on the Rebellion?, they are no threat to us”.
Kaleer narrowed his eyes as he looked toward Octoplaur, “Meusleighner has a point in the way you are acting, why do you worry so much about this?, it could legally be treated as highly suspicious behaviour unless I am provided with an adequate reason”.
Octoplaurs multifaceted eyes betrayed no emotion, neither did his voice. “I merely think that you, sir, could put your time to more profitable use, there are still other things to be arranged before the Implementation can be enacted. Let me take care of the Rebellion, as has been noted they have been most active in my territory, I am sure that with a minimum of effort they could be persuaded into a position in which my forces could effectively destroy the organisation”. Kaleer still wore an expression of cynicism on his lupine face. “Very well, Octoplaur, though your vehemence on this matter still puzzles and disturbs me. Make sure you deal with them adequately or I shall take matters into my own hands and you will be subject to disciplinary action. Do I make myself clear?”.
Octoplaur nodded “crystal clear, my lord”. Kaleer turned away from Octoplaur, an expression of suspicion still evident on his face. “Is there any other business to attend to, before we begin the actual planning of the preparation?”. There was yet another silence before Senricksaars long, prehensile neck leaned forward, pressing his flat, scaled face toward the other Warlords. “There is still the matter of your sword, sir”.
Kaleer nodded, “ah, yes. I was wondering when someone would mention that…”

Thoughts?.
Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

*muses* What about the sword? Why do they want to know about it? Bringing it up and leaving it like that makes me curious, and cusiosity doesn't sit well with me. And I'm curious about these warlords too. Why does the rebellion bother some of them and not all of them? My thoughts are more like questions, there's so much to know yet.

I like.
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Try breaking up the dialog more... I had trouble understanding who was saying what. The old rule of thumb is new paragraph for each speaker. ;)

Otherwise, interesting.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try to incorporate it in the next chapter.
Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.