Battle of the Hymn. (a second look.)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Good Chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Edit: Forgot to mention this when I posted this, but as I was reading the chapter, the song "The March of Cambreadth" came on. Just so very appropriate.
Last edited by Temjin on 2004-09-20 10:23pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Good chapter, though it suffers from a distinct lack of me and my elite stabbity sword skills. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

What are you on? You were right there stabbing the fucking mega morlock unless i'm mistaken or stupid or on crack or something.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

darthdavid wrote:What are you on? You were right there stabbing the fucking mega morlock unless i'm mistaken or stupid or on crack or something.
That was RogueIce.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Kick ass battle, kick ass story 8)
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Great chapter, Knife.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Excellent battle scene and very well written. Glad to see my advice on writers block has really got your craetive juices flowing.

I like the style of narration and this is coming from a guy who never did like first person very much.

Keep it up.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Rogue 9 wrote:Good chapter, though it suffers from a distinct lack of me and my elite stabbity sword skills. :wink:
same here :wink:
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Waah! I don't exist! Waah! :cry:

Either that, or I am Ninja, unseen by all, including author. 8)

If Rogue 9's elite stabbity skills make it in before me, I'm tenedering complaint to the management.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

consequences wrote:Waah! I don't exist! Waah! :cry:

Either that, or I am Ninja, unseen by all, including author. 8)

If Rogue 9's elite stabbity skills make it in before me, I'm tenedering complaint to the management.
Actually, I have you on my list for my company. Haven't assigned you to any specific lance yet though. Don't worry, there is plenty of time to die later.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

What is my fate, considering that, in 7 years i'll be almost 22...
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Actually, Knife, I was stunned that Tysroc was the medic. Especially as Evil Sadistic Bastard ( our resident Singaporean Combat Medic) would be the closest thing to a doctor we'd have.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

darthdavid wrote:What is my fate, considering that, in 7 years i'll be almost 22...
Your were just part of the Home Guard in that battle, more to come. Like I mentioned earlier, the Home Guard has a bigger part coming.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Lonestar wrote:Actually, Knife, I was stunned that Tysroc was the medic. Especially as Evil Sadistic Bastard ( our resident Singaporean Combat Medic) would be the closest thing to a doctor we'd have.
True, and I do want to work him as such, just that Big T works in a hospital in RL and that stuck in my head while I was writting. Tis nothing personal against ESB nor diminishing or promoting Tsyroc's personal abilities.

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Knife wrote:
darthdavid wrote:What is my fate, considering that, in 7 years i'll be almost 22...
Your were just part of the Home Guard in that battle, more to come. Like I mentioned earlier, the Home Guard has a bigger part coming.
Whoopee.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

darthdavid wrote:Whoopee.
Oh, come on. He said you were in the Home Guard and that the guard was going to have a bigger part coming. You could at least be a little bit thankful.
-Sir James Dewar

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Temjin wrote:
darthdavid wrote:Whoopee.
Oh, come on. He said you were in the Home Guard and that the guard was going to have a bigger part coming. You could at least be a little bit thankful.
Damn the internet and it's lack of embeded emotion. That was a good whoopee. You know, like a happy cowboy whoopee. Not a sarcastic "im a smartass" whoopee. So just to be clear, I'm quite happy with my role in said fanfic. Infact, I'm glad that I'm officially alive in this universe and that I wasn't grouped with those who ate the bad food and died...
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Okay, sorry about the mix up.
-Sir James Dewar

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Temjin wrote:Okay, sorry about the mix up.
S'ok. My fault for not making use of smilies or some other way of identifing emotion. After all it's kinda hard to figure out exactly what someone means from straight text without any markup especially when you use an expression that's generally sarcastic and...Oh fuck i'm rambling now. Well you get the point so i'm getting some sleep.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

You know, the argument could be made that God does exist in this universe, since someone decided to play a cruel joke on us.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Dargos
Jedi Knight

Post by Dargos »

OMG...OMFG....I finally get a bit part in a Fanfic...and I die. Well..at least I took down something before I bit the dust. Thanks Knife..you really made my day :D :D
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

This fic's just as kickass as it was a few months back, perhaps even more so;
Good work, man. :D
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Consistently brilliant, looking forward to the next chapter (presumably the next few will be the Nightwatch holding the fort until the westerners get there).
Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dargos wrote:OMG...OMFG....I finally get a bit part in a Fanfic...and I die. Well..at least I took down something before I bit the dust. Thanks Knife..you really made my day :D :D
This is what happens when you're the "stealth" Warwolf. :wink: :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

RogueIce wrote:
Dargos wrote:OMG...OMFG....I finally get a bit part in a Fanfic...and I die. Well..at least I took down something before I bit the dust. Thanks Knife..you really made my day :D :D
This is what happens when you're the "stealth" Warwolf. :wink: :)
*appears out of the foreground behind RogueIce*

Ahem.

*disappears back into foregound before he can turn, leaving a sign on Ice's back, saying 'Kick me, I'm socially inept'*