DARK TOWER 7 is out!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

DARK TOWER 7 is out!

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Woot! I just got my copy of the last of Stephen King's DT books and I just wanted to share. Who else is looking forward to reading it?
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

*Raises hand*
That would be me.
Lucky bastard...
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Gaahhhhh! *pulls hair out* i still haven't even gotten around to reading book 5 yet, let alone book 7! :cry:
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Darth_Zod wrote:Gaahhhhh! *pulls hair out* i still haven't even gotten around to reading book 5 yet, let alone book 7! :cry:
Reading book 6 in-between is propably a good idea, too
*runs like hell*
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I got it...finishing up the rest before I get to it.

But dammit this sweet...ah the Dark Tower is mine.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Bob the Gunslinger

I'll just say now that I think another thread should be created if we want to discuss spoilers since it seems like there are a number of people who want to read it but have not yet had a chance. Does this work?

Oh and the art is by Michael Whelan. Sweet.

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

It's out already? Sweet. But I'll bet the bookstore at my college doesn't have it yet. Damn.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Aww crap! I just finished book 1, "The Gunslinger". Looks like I have some major reading to catch up on.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I'm waiting for the smaller paperback versions of 5,6, and 7 to come out before I buy them. I utterly despise the clunky huge ones that are out right now, and I hate the artwork in all of the first four with a passion.
JADAFETWA
Bob the Gunslinger

Next of Kin wrote:Aww crap! I just finished book 1, "The Gunslinger". Looks like I have some major reading to catch up on.
They get better with number 2 and 3... but you'll have to read Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis and/or Black House to follow events past 4 without a lot of confusion. Of course, these books all kick ass, so it's a good thing.

Oh, and 7's cover art is fangasmic! Roland. The Dark Tower. A field of crimson roses. Nice.

I don't know if it is a part of the story necessarily or just a montage style of picture like the cover to DT 1, but it was done by the same guy. Although Roland looked a lot more like Stephen King on the cover to DT1...

Cthulhu-chan
Padawan Learner

Post by Cthulhu-chan »

What? What WHAT?! It's already out?! Sweet zombie jesus on a pogo-stick!!

*Bolts out the door for the nearest Barnes & Nobles*
"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. Hell is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese apartment, and an American wife." -- James H. Kabbler III.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

YESSS!!!! My copy is in the mail!!! BUWAHAHAHAA!
Sorry for the semi-threadomancy. The Mods may now yell at me to their heart's content.
Just as long as no Hadokening me back into the Silver Age is involved...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Batman wrote:YESSS!!!! My copy is in the mail!!! BUWAHAHAHAA!
Sorry for the semi-threadomancy. The Mods may now yell at me to their heart's content.
Just as long as no Hadokening me back into the Silver Age is involved...
LMAO...no hadokening...it's only been three days.

And sorry...that would be a fate crueler then death.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Ghost Rider wrote: And sorry...that would be a fate crueler then death.
OF COURSE it is!!!
Why do you think I keep wailing like that?
:P
Bob the Gunslinger

I'm still not done with the book, but it's really got a lot of powerful scenes in it so far.

( I've noticed a couple of inconsistencies, but nothing that ruins a major plot point or anything like that. Sort of like the typos in DT2 where they walk north along the beach and look right to see the West...)

You may want to read Everything's Eventual before DT7, too.

And when I'm done I think I might have Roland and his ka-tet show up in a few gratuitous vs matches. :twisted: