Request for graphic artists.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Request for graphic artists.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Does anyone think it possible that a scene of nine Executor-class starships accelerating past and utterly dwarfing Spacedock in Earth orbit (captured and repainted in Imperial colours) in a wall formation (three by three) could be rendered? If that is possible (it would be for my fanfiction De Imperatoribus Galacticis), does anyone want to take up the challenge?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

You know, I would love to attempt, but alas, I have not the skills. Though, maybe a collaborative effort could pull it off, if not just one person.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

if you provide links where to download any models you want in your scene i'll try this weekend.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Re: Request for graphic artists.

Post by salm »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Does anyone think it possible that a scene of nine Executor-class starships accelerating past and utterly dwarfing Spacedock in Earth orbit (captured and repainted in Imperial colours) in a wall formation (three by three) could be rendered? If that is possible (it would be for my fanfiction De Imperatoribus Galacticis), does anyone want to take up the challenge?
can´t see a reason why it couldn´t be done... :?
it would take a lot of time though, considering that models mostly come in some general format and are usually untextured. texturing something as big as a stardestroyer is quite a bitch unless you want it in plain gray.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

From a graphical standpoint, that would be kind of an artistically clumsy image. Executors are big freaking ships. Nine of them in a wall of battle could be hundreds of kilometers across in formation if we put a safe distance between them for manuevering. Spacedock would be almost a dot.

Though I suppose you could do it from the vantage of Spacedock, looking over enough of it to be recognizable and have markings, at several Super Stardestroyers in formation, though sheer scale is a problem there too.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

whatabout Fuzzymodem? Or Kenny? I'm sure they got teh uber skillz...