Star Trek/Star Wars: The Best of Both Worlds

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

If you do this right you could get a hitlist to rive sonnenburg's...
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Agent R wrote:And what was up with the fusion cube's sudden power loss?

Actually, never mind, the answer's probably in an upcoming chapter....
I'm glad that someone caught onto that (* cough * Rob * cough* -- I kid, I kid! :twisted: ). There is indeed a reason for why the Fusion Cube lost power and one that will be revealed in due time.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

darthdavid wrote:If you do this right you could get a hitlist to rive sonnenburg's...
Bah, you guys all love my work too much to try to kill me.

(Goes to rub the stumpt of his arm that Lord Vader cut off) :twisted: .
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:
Agent R wrote:And what was up with the fusion cube's sudden power loss?

Actually, never mind, the answer's probably in an upcoming chapter....
I'm glad that someone caught onto that (* cough * Rob * cough* -- I kid, I kid! :twisted: ).
Hey, I did notice the tactical cube lost power, but I'm just waiting for your explanation rather than guessing. Borg don't guess. :P
There is indeed a reason for why the Fusion Cube lost power and one that will be revealed in due time.
My PM box is waiting. I want to verify your reason is accurate within the concept of the Borg, lest I become angry and...well, whine. ;)
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:
darthdavid wrote:If you do this right you could get a hitlist to rive sonnenburg's...
Bah, you guys all love my work too much to try to kill me.
Assimilation will suffice.
(Goes to rub the stumpt of his arm that Lord Vader cut off) :twisted: .
Amputation is one of the major steps towards assimilation. You think you losing your arm was just a coincidence? :twisted:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

You know, you're really sick Rob (I kid, I kid!). :wink: 8) :P :twisted:
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:...

You know you love me for it. :lol: 8)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Robert Walper wrote:

Yes, it is indeed highly amsuing and brings a smile to my face everytime I check the thread.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:

Yes, it is indeed highly amsuing and brings a smile to my face everytime I check the thread.
Then my desired effect is happening. 8)

Ok, back to typing. *continues constructing artificial Borg limb for JME2* Don't worry, you'll like it. It will vastly improve your computer system interface. Your thoughts will become one with notepad, wordpad or whatever story writing program you're currently using. :twisted:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Sounds like a better alternative to my voice-recognition software, that it does. 8)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Side question of sorts that pertains to readers that I've been meaning to post for some time: Does anyone want me to start doing chapter titles or just continue with the "Part __" titles I've used since the start? Just curious. Thanks!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Whichever way will let you pump these out faster do that one.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

darthdavid wrote:Whichever way will let you pump these out faster do that one.
Heh.

Now, I can't garuntee one every weekend; Real Life simply doesn't work that way. :wink:

That being said, I have begun inital work on Chapter 18, but I'm also updating sections of my Post Script -- a sort of 'making of' interview/analysis of the story that will be posted whenever I get around to finishing this (which at this stage in time we are nowhere near, I will confirm that).
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:Now, I can't garuntee one every weekend; Real Life simply doesn't work that way. :wink:
[vader]Real life does not concern me, JME2. I want that chapter, not excuses...[/vader]
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Robert Walper wrote:
JME2 wrote:Now, I can't garuntee one every weekend; Real Life simply doesn't work that way. :wink:
[vader]Real life does not concern me, JME2. I want that chapter, not excuses...[/vader]

Don't try to scare me with sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader... 8)
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:Don't try to scare me with sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader... 8)
[vader]You underestimate the power of the Dark Side. *ignites lightsabre* If you will not write, then you will meet your destiny![/vader]
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

And to make things interesting, we've got what appears to be a Warsie lurker bitching about the story; you can find it here.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

That having been said, here are my response to his bitching.

Tie-Ins/Reference to Canon -- I like doing tie-ins. It helps show the length and width of both universes and as Rob pointed out in his review of Chapter 16, adds a depth of realism to the story.

(Plus I get to show off my collected knowledge of both galaxies while I'm at it. :wink: )

All of the Apperances: Again, realism and to show that the Merging is something that just doesn't threaten the Federation or NR, but everyone from the lowest mortals to the highest gods.

The Vong: At the time I began writing this, the NJO wasn't over and so I wasn't fully in character mode with them, though I have strived to improve. And as for the contradiction of the Vong's ritual devoition to honor and suicide runs, 1). It was necessary to advance the plot, though it could have worked that way, 2). There is a story-wise reason for this that will tie into the Merging.

Lack of SW characters/feel: Alright, he doest have a point here. It is easier to write the ST characters than SW for me and here's why. With Star Trek, you have 600+ hours of television episodes as well as ten movies; you get to see on a regular basis how these characters interact and their mannerisms from an audio/visual perspective.

With SW, you've got 6 movies -- 3, in this case since I'm using key OT characters, to draw upon. Reading their interactions in a novel and seeing them on a screen are two different things (and which is why I still find it hard to write battles at times).

So, yes, the SW characters do get the short end of the stick in the early chapters, but I've been striving to move away from that. Also, take into account that thus far, most of the action has been based around Sector 001 and Earth. But now that Shinzon destroyed Tsavong Lah's fleet, the action is going to shift more to Coruscant and that Galaxy Far, Far Away in the coming chapters, the reasons being found in the upcoming chapter.

So, I never claimed to be Stravo or Darth Wong or that I wanted to do a Starcossed or Conqust. I'm just trying to tell a story and try my first attempt at a mult-layered crossover between two of sci-fi's most popular franchises and thus far, it's been one hell of a ride, in no small part to you guys. Thanks for continuing to make it a worthwhile and joyous experience. :)
SpecWar826
Youngling

Post by SpecWar826 »

Hey JME2 look at the part where he says in the orginal Vong books about them being excused from ritual suicide or death not happening well he's wrong. I read everyone of those books and 2 or 3 times Nom Anor was allowed to live.
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

SpecWar826 wrote:Hey JME2 look at the part where he says in the orginal Vong books about them being excused from ritual suicide or death not happening well he's wrong. I read everyone of those books and 2 or 3 times Nom Anor was allowed to live.
Correct you are. Agents of Chaos, Traitor, and The Final Prophecy are the examples you speak of.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Robert Walper wrote:
JME2 wrote:Don't try to scare me with sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader... 8)
[vader]You underestimate the power of the Dark Side. *ignites lightsabre* If you will not write, then you will meet your destiny![/vader]
Ooh, I'm shaking, I'm shaking....

(rubs amputated limb, once again).
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:Ooh, I'm shaking, I'm shaking....

(rubs amputated limb, once again).
*Vader roars in fury, his lightsabre flashes, severing JME2's already compromised arm up to the shoulder*

JME2: "ARRHGGG!!!!"

*JME2 falls to the floor, clutching his shoulder where even his previously severed arm no longer is. Slowly, he crawls backwards from the looming Vader*

Vader: "There is no escape...don't make me destroy you..."

*JME2's eyes reflect fear, anger and even defiance, but he says nothing*

Vader: "JME2...you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your proof reading. With our combined talent, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to your fanfic."

JME2: "I'll never join you!!"

Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. Walper never told you what happened to your publisher."

JME2: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him."

Vader: "No. ...I am your publisher."

JME2: "No. No...that's not true. That's impossible!"

Vader: "Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

JME2: "NO!! NOO!!!!!"

Vader: JME2. You can destroy the versus debate. We have foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together, we can rule the forum as master and apprentice!"

*JME2 eyes his computer monitor, displaying his unfinished fanfic, looks back at Vader*

Vader: "Come with me. It is the only way."

To be continued... ;)
SpecWar826
Youngling

Post by SpecWar826 »

O that was good I liked it :D
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

SpecWar826 wrote:O that was good I liked it :D
There's something to be said for owning the SW DVD Trilogy now...I can flip to any best part now. Woot! :lol:
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Fine, you shan't write? I'll now be forced to use the ultimate weapon.
*dryhumps JME2*