Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Guess I better contribute:

bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Rob Wilson wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:Fey's boudoir

revealing and curvy

They're similar, but at the same time they're rather distinct and I can't choose between the two.
I agree with spoofe, the second works better. I haven't a clue about photography or compositional terms but it does appear more pleasing to the eye.

And is the first one a self-portrait of the camera? It's the only one fully in focus. :P
I was going for the 1920s look, thank you.

Julhelm, that's bomb diggity.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Means? (English is not my primary language, heh)
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Julhelm wrote:
Means? (English is not my primary language, heh)
Really, really cool.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Ah, why thank you.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Julhelm wrote:Ah, why thank you.
It's the truth, I've got a fondness for nightvision.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Julhelm wrote:Guess I better contribute:
Night Shoot
Firing an HK at night? A pose or something you do a lot of?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

bohemianfey wrote: I was going for the 1920s look, thank you.
Shouldn't it be sepia toned then? I still say the second one really works.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Rob Wilson wrote:
I added a sepia filter to it and it ended up looking slightly sickly. Anyone else is welcome to try and do it better than I can.
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Rob Wilson wrote:Firing an HK at night? A pose or something you do a lot of?
I added the night vision filter to it, since it's originally a daylight pic taken back when I was in the navy.

The rifle is a Bofors AK-5 btw.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Julhelm wrote: I added the night vision filter to it, since it's originally a daylight pic taken back when I was in the navy.
They let sailors play with real Rifles. :shock: :P

What nations Navy?
Julhelm wrote:The rifle is a Bofors AK-5 btw.
Ah, not a make I'm familiar with. Licenced?

Image Image
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

bohemianfey wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
I added a sepia filter to it and it ended up looking slightly sickly. Anyone else is welcome to try and do it better than I can.

This is the best I could get without it just looking like shite.
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Rob Wilson wrote:They let sailors play with real Rifles. :shock: :P

What nations Navy?
Swedish navy, surveillance op/base securing, actually. Never got to serve on a boat, although I applied for submarine when I enlisted.
Ah, not a make I'm familiar with. Licenced?
It's a modified version of the FN FNC.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

bohemianfey wrote:
Best I can manage I'm afraid. I'm not that good with photo's and Images.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Julhelm wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:They let sailors play with real Rifles. :shock: :P

What nations Navy?
Swedish navy, surveillance op/base securing, actually. Never got to serve on a boat, although I applied for submarine when I enlisted.
Cool
Julhelm wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:Ah, not a make I'm familiar with. Licenced?
It's a modified version of the FN FNC.
Nice weapon. Thought it was an HK with that hooded Foresight. FNC's are nice weapons, hows the Bofor's?

Image Image
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Rob Wilson wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:
Best I can manage I'm afraid. I'm not that good with photo's and Images.

Rob's version

I always thought that the old photo sepia had more green/yellow to it, so here's what I got using yours as the base image. I'm not too familiar with the program I'm using at the moment, so I didn't want to spend the time recreating the boarder you had in there (which I really liked, btw).
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

bohemianfey wrote: I always thought that the old photo sepia had more green/yellow to it, so here's what I got using yours as the base image. I'm not too familiar with the program I'm using at the moment, so I didn't want to spend the time recreating the boarder you had in there (which I really liked, btw).
I toned down the sepia as it looked sickly. Other than that I just used Gimp's OLD photo Script-fu function. Afterwards I played around with gamam and alpha until the colour balance was more healthy.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Here's a close-up version with less space around you and with a border, I also upped the defocus to make it look older.

Image Image
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

If you're really going for that old look, you could always try putting in some of the small white scratches (hair on the lens or whatever they are, film defects), that you see in the old black and white films and in cliches ever since.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

The_Lumberjack wrote:If you're really going for that old look, you could always try putting in some of the small white scratches (hair on the lens or whatever they are, film defects), that you see in the old black and white films and in cliches ever since.
If I can figure out how to do that I will.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

bohemianfey wrote:
The_Lumberjack wrote:If you're really going for that old look, you could always try putting in some of the small white scratches (hair on the lens or whatever they are, film defects), that you see in the old black and white films and in cliches ever since.
1. open photoshop
2. load image
3. create new layer
4. fill new layer completely black
5. add noise so that it looks like a tv that doesn´t recieve anything (small black and white dots)
6. delete black dots
7. apply ripple a couple of times
8. play around with settings
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

salm wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:
1. open photoshop
2. load image
3. create new layer
4. fill new layer completely black
5. add noise so that it looks like a tv that doesn´t recieve anything (small black and white dots)
6. delete black dots
7. apply ripple a couple of times
8. play around with settings
I know that bit, but this comp only had 7.0 (as compared to my other comp that has CS) but that just imploded and now I've got a a knockoff program to use. Thanks, though. You're welcome to try it.

Otherwise I just go with this.

[Edit]Stuff[/Edit]
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

bohemianfey wrote: I know that bit, but this comp only had 7.0 (as compared to my other comp that has CS) but that just imploded and now I've got a a knockoff program to use. Thanks, though. You're welcome to try it.
what´s CS?
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

salm wrote:
bohemianfey wrote: I know that bit, but this comp only had 7.0 (as compared to my other comp that has CS) but that just imploded and now I've got a a knockoff program to use. Thanks, though. You're welcome to try it.
what´s CS?
Version 8.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

bohemianfey wrote:
salm wrote:
what´s CS?
Version 8.
why would you need 8 for it? what cool new features does it have needed for this kind of thing?

i work with 6 at home and 7 at work.