Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

bohemianfey wrote:He said he was smiling. The guy on the right isn't smiling.
Er..I don't think Leslie would have ever thought she'd be mistaken for me! :P

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Lord Poe wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:Are you the one on the left?
No, the right! :)
That's how you smile?! I'd love to see your frown, boy-o.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

bohemianfey wrote:That's how you smile?! I'd love to see your frown, boy-o.
I've got plenty of those! But anyway, here's the biggest smile I think I have in my (online) archives:

Lately, I only smile for pictures if Rosie is taking them. She insists!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

BTW do the pics have taken by me, since I got some OK pic of me, but they are taken by my brother.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
We'd never have guessed. That you practicing for your international playboy years? :D
One more wisecrack like that and I'll make you see me butt-naked :twisted:
Not on this forum you won't :P

Anyway what's wrong with wanting to be an International playboy when you grow up. It's worked out well for me. 8)
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Revan wrote:BTW do the pics have taken by me, since I got some OK pic of me, but they are taken by my brother.
Well it says self-portrait, but none of my pics were taken by me, so go for it.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

bohemianfey wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:
No, the right! :)
That's how you smile?! I'd love to see your frown, boy-o.
*waits patiently for the picture of wayne in his make-up to appear.* :twisted:

Image Image
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Rob Wilson wrote:*waits patiently for the picture of wayne in his make-up to appear.* :twisted:
Who am I to disappoint? :P

this is definitely a self-portrait. I clicked the mouse myself while totally blinded by those eyes I'm wearing!

bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Right. I know it's obsessive, but I'm a perfectionist...so here' s the final copy.

If I mess with this one again, feel free to tell me what a dumbass I am.

I added a dark, dark, almost black, maroon, solid colour layer and set it to exclusion. Added a dissolve layer at 1% opacity and 3% fill on a light green tint and a .05 gaussian blur.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Lord Poe wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:That's how you smile?! I'd love to see your frown, boy-o.
I've got plenty of those! But anyway, here's the biggest smile I think I have in my (online) archives:

[img]snip[/img]
Be sure not to have quarters on the starboard side of the ship... :twisted: :wink:
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That wasn't very nice now was it.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Me in my parents backyard
this from the same place with more of my body showing
Me
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Lord Revan wrote:<snip>
wow, what kind of a hat is that?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

salm wrote:
It's symbol of a student in the Helsinki University of Technology
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Lord Revan wrote:
salm wrote:
It's symbol of a student in the Helsinki University of Technology
do all students get one? around here only frat boy have hats and they get them from their fraternities not from the uni.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Everybody get's one after their first year. It's a kind of symbol pride (we're not just nobodies, but students in HUT)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Mrs Kendall wrote:That wasn't very nice now was it.
Twas simply a Titanic-esque joke... :twisted:
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Revan wrote:Me in my parents backyard
You look so happy to be wearing that hat. :)

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Poe wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:*waits patiently for the picture of wayne in his make-up to appear.* :twisted:
Who am I to disappoint? :P

Last view of Wayne RSA ever had
There's the fella. And I thought I looked bad in the morning. :)

Image Image
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Rob Wilson wrote:There's the fella. And I thought I looked bad in the morning. :)
We've never seen you in the morning. God willing, we never will.

Well, I won't, at least. I don't know about Tsyroc. He's a little...warped. But we won't get into that.

Revan: that looks kind of like the Skipper's hat from a yacht or something.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rob Wilson wrote:You look so happy to be wearing that hat. :)
there one pic where I'm smiling, but I look retarded in that one. This is my normal expression, I don't smile or look happy often. I'm bit of dark person.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Lord Revan wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:You look so happy to be wearing that hat. :)
there one pic where I'm smiling, but I look retarded in that one. This is my normal expression, I don't smile or look happy often. I'm bit of dark person.

:| <---that? :( <---or that?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

bohemianfey wrote: :| <---that? :( <---or that?
I don't understand, since the expression in the pics is pretty much the same (more or less neutral, not sad).
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

JME2 wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:That wasn't very nice now was it.
Twas simply a Titanic-esque joke... :twisted:
Well ok then, if you say so :P
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
We'd never have guessed. That you practicing for your international playboy years? :D
One more wisecrack like that and I'll make you see me butt-naked :twisted:
Not on this forum you won't :P

Anyway what's wrong with wanting to be an International playboy when you grow up. It's worked out well for me. 8)
Ah... yes, my "wanting" and "practicing" days some years ago... Seems like yesterday... 8)

PS: didn't quite make it to international level, but I'm content with what I am at the workplace :wink:
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2004-10-22 12:30am, edited 1 time in total.