Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:*waits patiently for the picture of wayne in his make-up to appear.* :twisted:
Who am I to disappoint? :P

<snip pic>
There's the fella. And I thought I looked bad in the morning. :)
Before or after the coffee? :)
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Cropped it from a 1200x1024 or whatever the ratio is. My mother was the main focus of the image and there was this ugly veranda fence behind me, so I had to crop it to make it look just okee. Also, I am still getting the camera, and black n white film, I had to resort to this. Nothing special, but what the hey - me almost 3 years ago.

And yes my hair is fucked too. IIRC I had just taken off my helmet, since I was on the backseat of the bike with my dad. And his hair was screwed too. =]
Image | And ffs I'm a guy | Kaffee und Kuchen | SD.net Chroniclers | Knight of the Garter Image

[+] Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia
[+] Wombat, my blog
Contact @ mokuias {at} gmail {dot} com
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Revan wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:You look so happy to be wearing that hat. :)
there one pic where I'm smiling, but I look retarded in that one. This is my normal expression, I don't smile or look happy often. I'm bit of dark person.
We'll soon fix that *Gets out 1,000,000 Candlepower searchlight* :D
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:

Anyway what's wrong with wanting to be an International playboy when you grow up. It's worked out well for me. 8)
Ah... yes, my "wanting" and "practicing" days some years ago... Seems like yesterday... 8)

PS: didn't quite make it to international level, but I'm content with what I am at the workplace :wink:
Well being an International Playboy isn't for everyone, the endless hordes of women, the mindless sex, the huge bank account and the endless posing on staricases for photographs can weary the normal man. But then I doubt anyone on this board could be mistaken for normal. :wink: :P
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Rob Wilson wrote: There's the fella. And I thought I looked bad in the morning. :)
Coffee is the drink of the effette; the real man drinks tea. Strong tea that puts hairs on your chest and is served in a man's mug. Not some tiny little, girly thimble thing. :P

Image Image
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rob Wilson wrote:We'll soon fix that *Gets out 1,000,000 Candlepower searchlight* :D
I Have to wonder how searchlight will change my personality?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Revan wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:We'll soon fix that *Gets out 1,000,000 Candlepower searchlight* :D
I Have to wonder how searchlight will change my personality?
It was a joke about you being 'dark'. :P

Image Image
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rob Wilson wrote:It was a joke about you being 'dark'. :P
I know. THe answer wouls have been very different had I been serious. (got you) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Revan wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:It was a joke about you being 'dark'. :P
I know. THe answer wouls have been very different had I been serious. (got you) :lol: :lol: :lol:
AH-ha, so your not that dark then. I see my deliberate *cough* plan to make you make a joke worked... yeah that's what happened. *Walks away quickly*
:)

Image Image
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Coffee is the drink of the effette; the real man drinks tea. Strong tea that puts hairs on your chest and is served in a man's mug. Not some tiny little, girly thimble thing. :P
Isn't Tea an anogram for woman's drink? Look at Picard, not a bigger whiney bitch than he, and he drinks tea.

How I like my coffee is how I like my women. Big, black, strong, and bitter. :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Knife wrote: Isn't Tea an anogram for woman's drink? Look at Picard, not a bigger whiney bitch than he, and he drinks tea.

How I like my coffee is how I like my women. Big, black, strong, and bitter. :P
No it's an anagram of ate, as in 'I ripped out the pussy's throat and ate it in front of him.' :P

Whereas Coffee is and anagram of ' Of fee c' a clear indication it's made of shit, hence the colour. :P

Image Image
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

:roll: Ah, you poor uncultured, Brits. Missing out on such a enlighting substance such as ambrosia....er I mean coffee. :P
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Here's one I did the old fashioned way: held the camera at arm's length and snapped away! Then I "artsied" it up a bit for the thread:

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Very nice. Well done. :)
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lord Poe wrote:Here's one I did the old fashioned way: held the camera at arm's length and snapped away! Then I "artsied" it up a bit for the thread:
Artsy
Very different. You use an oil paint filter?

Taken on holiday, or do you guys have that sort of nice coastal spot near you? Very pictureque (if you'll pardon the pun... or even if you won't :P ).

Image Image
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Hehe, overseen. :D
Image | And ffs I'm a guy | Kaffee und Kuchen | SD.net Chroniclers | Knight of the Garter Image

[+] Wombat, my blog
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Knife wrote::roll: Ah, you poor uncultured, Brits. Missing out on such a enlighting substance such as ambrosia....er I mean coffee. :P
I'm American, and I'll tell you flat out: coffee sucks. It smells nice, but that's it. Give me some good tea, preferably green mint.

Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Jedi Council Member

Rob Wilson wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: There's the fella. And I thought I looked bad in the morning. :)
It's the coffe that make difference to Wayne's photos :) Don't remember the threat, though. That one picture is before morning coffee.

Rob Wilson wrote: Coffee is the drink of the effette; the real man drinks tea.
Yeah, sure. Like Picard :P

Me, I'd rather have tequila. With salt & lime. 8)
Jedi Council Member

Lord Poe wrote:Here's one I did the old fashioned way: held the camera at arm's length and snapped away! Then I "artsied" it up a bit for the thread:

<snip pic>
So no horror make up this time? :)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

`naeo wrote:Hehe, overseen. :D
Because you look too much like someone I know IRL.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Ace Pace wrote:
`naeo wrote:Hehe, overseen. :D
Because you look too much like someone I know IRL.
So long as this person is not female, all's good. :D

[+] Wombat, my blog
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Hell no :P actully you even look slightly like me after 6 months without a haircut :P
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Ace Pace wrote:Hell no :P actully you even look slightly like me after 6 months without a haircut :P
I was given the shit by some other people about that before, but I like my long hair. That image was taken almost about 3 years ago. I look a bit better now, especially since I hadn't just undertaken a 6 hour bike cruise through the mountains, and taken off my helmet to reveal my fucked up hair... :D

[+] Wombat, my blog
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Rob Wilson wrote:Very different. You use an oil paint filter?
No, dry-brush!
Taken on holiday, or do you guys have that sort of nice coastal spot near you? Very pictureque (if you'll pardon the pun... or even if you won't :P ).
Yeah, its a a lighthouse within a 40 minute drive. Nice place!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:So no horror make up this time? :)
I've got plenty of those! But its too off topic here!