New ship (lego)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Hyperion
Village Idiot

New ship (lego)

Post by Hyperion »

Yes, I need to model this in LW one of these days since lego makes an otherwise very sleek ship look blocky and stuff, but it's enough to show what it looks like.

UES Wayfarer-II

This is the flagship for my faction in the now-defunct Exile SD.

The four plate assemblies at the front and back with the hoses coming off of them are gravitic maneuvering plates/sidewall generators, the light ones are on. In operation these would not look unlike the pads on the hovercraft from Matrix. Especially if the ship was in atmosphere, which it is capable of doing. The "hoses" are heavily armored coolant and plasma lines, they are external due to space constraints in the design caused by excessive weapon mounts in the front, and being mounted on the primary engines in the back.[/url]
Last edited by Hyperion on 2004-11-02 02:22am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freak on a leash! Freak on a leash!"
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Were you going to link something?
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

StormtrooperOfDeath wrote:Were you going to link something?
Caught it just after I posted it, fixed now. Jeez you were fast. :)
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Going to put up a link that works?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Cleric
BANNED

Post by The Cleric »

Rogue 9 wrote:Going to put up a link that works?
Works for me :? .
{} Thrawn wins. Any questions? {} Great Dolphin Conspiracy {} Proud member of the defunct SEGNOR {} Enjoy the rythmic hip thrusts {} In my past life I was either Vlad the Impaler or Katsushika Hokusai {}
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

The gorramn link works from here, and the server is remote, so it's not the server's fault.

Forgot to add, it's not a Trek ship. There are similarities, like the engine layout, but in the game it's a layout that's needed because of how volatile the engines can be when hit. You don't want them inside the hull if you want to keep the ship, but they have to be solidly mounted to the hull, hence no pylons like on trek, they're mounted in extensions of the main engineering hull.

That ship started out as an Enterprise-D over 10 years ago, all that remains of that is four small pieces that make up the spine of the model. It was a little shorter (about 8 inches), and about 3x the width (not counting the external weapons mounts that jut out from the sides.) than it is now. It has been in this general form about 6 years now.
Last edited by Hyperion on 2004-11-02 02:34am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

StormtrooperOfDeath wrote:
Quoth the server, 404.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Rogue 9 wrote:
StormtrooperOfDeath wrote:
Quoth the server, 404.
No idea, seems to work for everyone but you. I guess my server's gremlins hate you. :mrgreen:
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Works fine my end.

Looks like one of those Matrix hovercrafts too. :)
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

NICE.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Shinova wrote:Works fine my end.

Looks like one of those Matrix hovercrafts too. :)
*much* bigger though. The ship masses in the multi-megaton range. Several of those Matrix hovercraft could fit in each of the 4 main storage/launch bays of the ship. But yeah, it does, and it was partly designed to do so. The world of Exile is very dark, even though the game is now dead, this ship really shows the feel of it. Not unlike Matrix, Exile is a world of desparately rebuilt and constructed civilization, the ships show it.

Thanks Dalton.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

How do you mass in a measure of explosive force? :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

nice.
you might want to take pictures of it infront of a one colored background. it´s kind of hard to see stuff with this distracting background.
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

salm wrote:nice.
you might want to take pictures of it infront of a one colored background. it´s kind of hard to see stuff with this distracting background.
Yeah, I know. I tried... Just had only a couple minutes to grab the pics, load them on the laptop, and run out the door to go back to uni on Sunday... I'll be taking better ones during Thanksgiving.

As for measuring ship mass in megatons, I've heard it done before, might not be correct, but it makes some sense to me in that a megaton is a million tons, this ship would mass in the multi-million ton range. If someone knows about it's correctness, let me know.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

You...mixed...colors?!?! ;) Excellent ship!
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

StarshipTitanic wrote:You...mixed...colors?!?! ;) Excellent ship!
Heh, thanks. I tried to keep the color mixing down to a realistic and fitting black, grey, and white scheme.

The engines probably look a lot like ST engines, but they're not. The blue parts are open plasma vents for the engine, they are also not field engines. The red in the front is mostly blackbody heatsinks for the plasma flow channels. The ramscoops are built into the underside of the ship's engineering section and are shut down and armor plates cover them in battle to prevent damaging the delicate exposed systems. Also, the engines are not field based, they're a relatively odd design using a single reactor per engine to inject plasma directly down the length of the engine and accellerate and compress it in compressor coils. The engines are basically plasma-based linear accellerators capable of forcing a highly compressed stream of plasma out the back (under the reactor) at speeds nearing that of lightspeed. The engine's plasma flow channels form a U going from the back of the engine (the reactor), around the front, then back out of a series of vents at the back below the reactor. The engines are extremely volatile, but efficient and afford the ship extremely long ranges and abnormally high speeds for a ship of its type.

All of the tech on the ship is compatible with the SWand B5 universes and their physics. This ship would not operate well in the ST universe with it's lack of physics. Exceptions for the B5 and SW universes would be the jumpcore, which is unique to the game and has no similarities in any other universes.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

mmmm. lego ships....

just remembered building one in an STGOD which had beer as it's primary arment....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:mmmm. lego ships....

just remembered building one in an STGOD which had beer as it's primary arment....
Captained by Bender by any chance?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Pic still doesn't work.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Rogue 9 wrote:Pic still doesn't work.
You're special.

What browser are you trying to use to get in? If it's opera, that might be part of it, my server hates opera. (I also configured it as such due to security problems caused by opera.)

See if you can get into just the pictures directory rather than the site for the ship:
UES Wayfarer-II Pictures

You can also go to the main site and navigate to it that way via this link: Main Site
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Hyperion wrote:

no captained by me the friendly bartender...

hey kegs make good warheads right?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

no captained by me the friendly bartender...

hey kegs make good warheads right?
I'd say they could, the carbonation pressure in vacuum could cause some rather explosive effects, and the metal from the kegs. Hmm... Another use for beer... :mrgreen:
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Very nice, I initialy thought it was a succeror to the Star Trek Prometheus.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Hyperion wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Pic still doesn't work.
You're special.

What browser are you trying to use to get in? If it's opera, that might be part of it, my server hates opera. (I also configured it as such due to security problems caused by opera.)

See if you can get into just the pictures directory rather than the site for the ship:
UES Wayfarer-II Pictures

You can also go to the main site and navigate to it that way via this link: Main Site
The problem is that it cannot find the site at all. I quote Firefox:
Firefox wrote:firebrand.ath.cx could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

IE just gives me a Cannot Find Server message. As far as my comp and network can tell, that site simply does not exist.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Then something you're using is screwing you, because I see the lego ship, and it KICKS ASS! *thumbs up* :D
JADAFETWA