Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Whoa. First off, great chapter. Vader's coming, and he's gonna kick their asses...

Also, 868 pages in Word at 8 point Verdana font. :shock:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Could always print them out and send them to George Lucas. :P
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

hehe, We finally get to see Vader in action

:twisted:
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I can dig it, Stravo. Bring on the Sithness.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
spideycw
Redshirt

Post by spideycw »

Another great chapter Stravo but I have one question. Don't stormtroopers have built in comms? If so why is there a "communcations officer" that has to hand him a comlink?
Pity the egg: it only gets laid once
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

certain troopers have a huge comm pack on their backs, which can be used for encryption and multi channel commands, and decryption, and i belive some slicing capabilities
Last edited by Dartzap on 2004-10-21 11:54am, edited 1 time in total.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I just started reading this fanfic recently, and I have to say to Stravo: This is the best fanfic I have ever seen. I admittedly haven't read that much fanfiction, but to me, StarCrossed, by far, surpasses any EU novel I have ever read and I would rank it as one of the best pieces of literature I have ever read, if not the best; and I do read quite a bit of proffessional literature, so it's not as if I'm saying this without a lot to compare it to.

The character development is amazing, the battle scenes are like nothing I have ever seen before, and I love how it has so many different characters from all parts of SW and ST.

The suspense and pacing is amazing as well. I'll be reading and look at the clock because I've completely lost track of the time and realize it's 1 AM, and say to myself "Ok, I'll finish this chapter and then go to bed." only to end up reading until I fall asleep in my chair.

Just to show how addictive this fanfic is: I started reading on Monday, and just finished chapter 50. That's 10 chapters a day!

Another thing. I have never seen such unexpected plot twists. In most novels I read, I can usually see the plot twists a mile away, however yours have been totally shocking. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but what you did with Han and Ochoa totally caught me off guard.

Also I love the way you make some of the dialogue in this fic almost paralell to dialogue we've heard in the movies/T.V. shows. I don't know if it was intentional, but it has a great effect.

One more minor thing. When characters like Darth Vader and Palpatine talk in your fanfic, I can actually believe they'd say what they're saying. Something all too common in EU literature is a character like Darth Vader saying something and me having a hard time believing he'd really say something like that.

When I say this, I say it with complete sincerity and without any hint of exaggeration: You would make an incredible professional author.

I can't think of anything else to add, but to finish up this post, I'll say this:

I love everything about this fanfic.

EDIT: Some more praise I just had to add:

StarCrossed is one of the few pieces of literature that has brought a tear to my eye. Movies tend to do this more easily to me, mainly because they're visual. To be able to create such levels of emotion in writing is amazing.

To people who are planning to start reading this thing, do it one chapter at a time. Savor it. I've been reading too quickly and feel like I'm having a sensory overload. I feel like after finishing this thing, I'm going to have impossibly high standards for what I read. I keep telling myself I'm gonna slow down, but you can probably guess how little success I've had with that so far. :D

One more thing. You really capture the characters character and relationships well. This sort of goes hand in hand with the other point I made about how many times in the EU, I find it hard to believe a character would say something he does. You manage to capture the whole relationship between Kirk, Spock and McCoy flawlessly.
Last edited by Dillon on 2004-10-30 01:07am, edited 4 times in total.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

observer_20000 wrote:I*Snip I love Stravo comments
Those are some nice words for Stravo, now get up and get him a publisher!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Mr Bean wrote:
observer_20000 wrote:I*Snip I love Stravo comments
Those are some nice words for Stravo, now get up and get him a publisher!
Mr. Bean, I would if I could. :D

If Viacom and Lucasfilm knew what was good for them, they'd give Stravo the rights to publish and distribute this thing.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

I just noticed something!

You see, I've been reading this fic on the fanfic archive and I just realized the whole end of chapter 26 is missing on the archive. It ends with Thrawn narrowing his eyes at Jerrjerod when he finds out about the new Sith Lord, whereas here there's a whole bunch of important stuff that happens after that. Please tell me this is the only place this happened and that I don't have to start reading the whole thing over. The suspense of what happens next from where I am at will kill me. :(

EDIT: After reading the rest of Chapter 26, I'm all confused because I read it after having read 24 chapters after it. What did Mitchell do to the Bajorans?! Unlike them, I suck at non-linear thinking. :P
Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

I agree with GTA... The Emperor is missing!
As long there is gravity, ride on...
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Wow....Observor that was very nice. Thank you so much for the kind words and the breakdown of why you like the piece. Its always gratifying to hear a new reader tell me why they love this story. I love it when people pick up on the hidden dialogue gems and the character development is the primary reason I wrote this thing. I always liked big epic stories where characters grew and changed, sometimes in unexpected ways.

Thanks again for the priase and I hope you enjoy the rest of teh tale as much as you enjoyed the beginning. I'll check with Rob and see if I can correct the Ch. 26 error.

And to those that thought this was a new chapter....sorry. :wink:

EDIT: BTW I would recommend reading The Twilight War. That fic is all about character development and the general feeling from many fans that have read it is that its better than Starcrossed. You just might like it especially with a more indepth exploration of the Jedi Knights and TOS era Trek.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Quick have to cover Stravo's post to make sure the demented hordes don't think he posted another chapter

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Stravo wrote:*snip*
With the masterpiece that StarCrossed is, the praise is definetely deserved.
EDIT: BTW I would recommend reading The Twilight War. That fic is all about character development and the general feeling from many fans that have read it is that its better than Starcrossed. You just might like it especially with a more indepth exploration of the Jedi Knights and TOS era Trek.
I definetely intend to read that one as well. Knowing me, I'll be done in a day. :P
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Over the period of a week, I read this whole fanfic. Just a few questions...

How many ships comprised Lord Nemesis' fleet when it entered the Trekverse?

How many comprise Thrawn's?

Why are Chewie and Worf so uber that they can take, like, hundreds of Jem'Hadar? I mean, they're good, but...

Overall, though, I love it. Very sweet-ass.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Over the period of a week, I read this whole fanfic. Just a few questions...

Why are Chewie and Worf so uber that they can take, like, hundreds of Jem'Hadar? I mean, they're good, but...
For Chewie it's because he's facing unarmed opponents and he has about 7 or 8 times their strength. Worf has a weapon.

Overall, though, I love it. Very sweet-ass.[/quote]

Yes, yes it is. I'm amazed you could read it all in a week.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:Over the period of a week, I read this whole fanfic. Just a few questions...

For Chewie it's because he's facing unarmed opponents and he has about 7 or 8 times their strength. Worf has a weapon.

Overall, though, I love it. Very sweet-ass.

Yes, yes it is. I'm amazed you could read it all in a week.[/quote]

Even with his trusted Batleth and Chewie's strength, there are hundreds of Jems, and they could just surround and overwhelm them. I mean, If you have 12 Jemmies swarming onto you at once, I don't care how sharp yoursword is, you're going down, bitch.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Let the Wookie win.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Reasonable enough.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Blast from the past, but was just clearing out some images from my computer, and found my entry from the old 'design-a-front-cover' competition... :mrgreen: ahhh, the memories. It must have been...*right clicks* oooh, actually, it was about a year ago yesterday that I finished this...

"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Lumberjack, that cover is fucking sweet. Thanks! :D

El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Yours if you want it, good sir, have a neat non compressed copy sitting around somewhere. :mrgreen:
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

While on this subject, I also played with making Star-crossed stuff. Although not a large movie posted like the kickass one Lumberjack made.

Basically a few weeks ago I was playing around in MS paint to see what kind of quality I could get when refusing to use Photoshop for a day :)

So I made 'novel covers' for Star-crossed. I divided Star-crossed into 20 chapters 'parts' and called each part by the first chapter name from each section. Anyway, here are the two I made.

Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Very Nice...I like the idea of breaking it up into chunks like that. We have such creative folks here. It's inspiring me to finally get this chapter finished. Unfortunately This one is like fucking childbirth.

Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

So's thinking you've done it every time I log on. :P

Write part of Cain and Abel or Twilight War instead; An unhappy writer makes an unhappy chapter, or somesuch.