Star Trek/Star Wars: The Best of Both Worlds

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

You have an annoying habit of leaving your chapters off a the best part...Neo-Borg Collective? More! I must learn more! :P

Pretty good so far though. I picked up the references to the novel "I, Q", and your other multiple references are quite amusing. You've obviously read and played with alot of material for both sides. :)

PS: And no, my job isn't assimilation... :wink:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Robert Walper wrote:You have an annoying habit of leaving your chapters off a the best part...Neo-Borg Collective? More! I must learn more! :P :
I knew that would get a reaction out of you. :twisted:

When I said I would bring the Borg in with a twist back back during the posts leading up to Chapter 11, I didn't mean that Unimatrix Zero was going to be the sole part of that 'twist', so to speak. 8)
Robert Walper wrote:Pretty good so far though. I picked up the references to the novel "I, Q", and your other multiple references are quite amusing. You've obviously read and played with alot of material for both sides. :):
What can I say? I love reading of and exploring the nuances and cracks of both universes.
Robert Walper wrote:PS: And no, my job isn't assimilation... :wink:
Just making sure. :wink: :twisted:
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote: I knew that would get a reaction out of you. :twisted:
I would hardly qualify that as any type of impressive "prediction". :P
When I said I would bring the Borg in with a twist back back during the posts leading up to Chapter 11, I didn't mean that Unimatrix Zero was going to be the sole part of that 'twist', so to speak. 8)
I was certainly hoping not. 8)
Robert Walper wrote:PS: And no, my job isn't assimilation... :wink:
Just making sure. :wink: :twisted:
You of all people should know. I oversee and monitor Borg information central. Questions, comments, suggestions? Bring them to me. Flames, criticisms, Borg bashing? See someone else. :wink:
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Yay new chapter. Yum Yum!!!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

darthdavid wrote:Yay new chapter. Yum Yum!!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it you satantic kitten... :P 8) :lol:
Last edited by JME2 on 2004-10-25 05:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Because you've updated, the kitten horde shall spare your house... :D
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

darthdavid wrote:Because you've updated, the kitten horde shall spare your house... :D
Bah. My little black Scottish terrier would make quick work of the kitten horde -- if I had one, that is. :cry:
Tragic
Padawan Learner

Post by Tragic »

Just spent the better half of my day reading this fanfic and I must say it great. Can't wait for the next chapter.
"The point of war isn't to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" Gen. George Patton.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Wewll sorry for the delay in a response I was in spain until 8 o'clock last night and didn't arrive home till half one this morning (I had to fly to gatewick and then drive back to manchester) anyhoo Good chapter but I wana know more about the Munro/Katarn/Starfleet cadets vs Vong (sorri Yuzahan Vong) battle. damn you!

Also couple of minor nitpicks:
With short, yet eloquent strides, NRI Director Dif Scaur
I think you meant ellegant, Eloquent means something similar to charasimatic ist abou speaking not walking.
From halfway across the galaxy, holographic representations of Generals Antilles and Clechu flickered above the main holographic generator. Rieekan was the first to speak.
Clechu's a colonel not a general.

Wedge was silent as he gazed at an unseen subordinate on his flagship, the recently commissioned Defender-class Star Destroyer Mon Mothma. Suddenly he responded, a look of disbelief upon his face.

The Mon Motham was an Imperial (or Imperator as some might have it.) Stardestroyer not a Defender class.
Trekdestroyer
Racist Donkey-Raping Son of a Whore

Post by Trekdestroyer »

So, when's the next chapter going up? I am looking forward to it and continue to with bated breath.

PS: That Rob guy is starting to make the rest of us closet borg fans look bad! ( :wink: )
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Trekdestroyer wrote:So, when's the next chapter going up? I am looking forward to it and continue to with bated breath.: )
Not until at least before or around Thanksgiving; so many things to do in real-life after all :wink: 8) . That having been said, I can drop a little bit of what to expect in the coming chapters, in part due to my attempt at diaspora, so to speak, of Trek and Wars characters alike. The main occurance will be that many, if not, all of the subplots that I was forced to leave on the afterburner due to the Vong's second attack on Sector 001 over the last four chapters, will becoming back to the forefront.

And for those that thought I just stuck them in to show off my knowledge of Trek and Wars, I say right now with great delight that you are utterly wrong :twisted: Now that the Vong attack's Sector 001 attack has been defeated, the first Act is, in a manner of speaking, over; Chapter 18 was an attempt to bring some sense of closure to that while setting up the next phase. We are now moving into Act 2 of what I have planned as a three-act epic (Great stories are told in the trilogy format, after all :wink: ), an act that will be driven by these subplots

To conclude, as was said on the Golden Ticket, "In your wildest dreams, you could not imagine the marvelous surprises that await you!" I can assure you with great confidence that the same will prove likwise with the continuing adventures of that galaxy far, far away and its Milky Way counterpart. :)
drphlox
Redshirt

Post by drphlox »

seems like DRL or Darth Real Life has a stranglehold on JME2

as always hurry up and post or Darth Vader will use your voicebox as force choke practice!!!! :twisted: :P
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Due to the election and the feelings resulting from it, I'm going to step up efforts to get the next chapter out by this weekend, to hep my fellow readers recover from a long and bitter campgain and what the next 4 years hold.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I'm aiming to get the next chapter up later tomorrow; thanks for your patience everyone!
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JME2 wrote:I'm aiming to get the next chapter up later tomorrow; thanks for your patience everyone!
Who says we're being patient? Maybe we're actually really pissed off at you and tending to our own lives, while occasionally checking back in the thread with the though "Is that fuckwad ever gonna finish the next chapter or what?"

PS: I am just joking JME2. :P
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

well he appears to be reading into the fact we haven't started speeling out ridicous role playing sequences as patience.

But just so we're clear...

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU. POST NOW!
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Crazedwraith wrote:well he appears to be reading into the fact we haven't started speeling out ridicous role playing sequences as patience.
Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate him...

Better get typing JME2... :twisted:
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Robert Walper wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:well he appears to be reading into the fact we haven't started speeling out ridicous role playing sequences as patience.
Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate him...

Better get typing JME2... :twisted:
Damn you're one ugly fuck walper...
admiral_danielsben
Padawan Learner

Post by admiral_danielsben »

A silent BoBW reader is coming out to ask for another segment. I'm sure it has bipartisan support, even.
-DanielSBen
----------------
"Certain death, small chance of sucess, what are we waiting for?" Gimli, son of Gloin
----------------
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)
---------------
"If your lies are going to be this transparent, this is going to be a very short interrogation" -- Kira

"Then I'll try to make my lies more opaque..." -- Gul Darhe'el (DS9: Duet)
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

JME2 wrote:I'm aiming to get the next chapter up later tomorrow; thanks for your patience everyone!
You said "tomorrow". It's tomorrow. Now, how much later will "later" be? :wink:
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Agent R wrote:
You said "tomorrow". It's tomorrow. Now, how much later will "later" be? :wink:
Sometime today. I am diligently working on it now. A few more hours, perhaps...
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright you wanted it? You;'ve got it!
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Where, you lying bastard? :P
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I was editing it to make sure it look suitable for presentation. :)
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Robert Walper wrote:Where, you lying bastard? :P
Somewhere else. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician