OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Simpsons Season Premiere

Post by MKSheppard »

So fucking funny. Funniest one in a long long time. Especially
the walk in microwave- straight out of HAB.

or Alco-Hog, and James CAAAAAAAAN!
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I was somewhat underwhelmed, although it was better than the season 15 premiere.

"I wanna be a triangle!"

"Bart, there's no room in the Grotto!"
(Cut to kiddie pool with James Caan in it)
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

"Ah good. Marge is going to hell too. That's where I'll make my move."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Zeond
Youngling

Post by Zeond »

As usual I was rather dissapointed in the Simpsons. Some funny lines, yes, but my favority was "can you taste the thumbtacks?"

I doubt that they will be able to take the show all the way to the 19th season. The characters have run our of steam, there is very little that you can do with that family and keep the show from getting even more stale.

It may be time for a change, a new family with new quirks, but then that wouldn't be the Simpsons anymore.
Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy
55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Grendel
Redshirt

Post by Grendel »

I was wholly disappointed. I don't think I laughed once during that whole ep.
Lo! I am Grendel!
Ruler of the moors and devourer of men!

Um... has anyone seen my arm about?
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

When they changed the focus from a dysfunctional family that had a clueless father and a mischevious but well intentioned boy to one that had a retarted father and an even more retarted son.... that's when the Simpsons sank for me...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Straha wrote:When they changed the focus from a dysfunctional family that had a clueless father and a mischevious but well intentioned boy to one that had a retarted father and an even more retarted son.... that's when the Simpsons sank for me...
Wasn't that like the second season?

I remember they talked about it in the commentaries for one of the beginning seasons.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

I haven't watched many of the new Simpson's episodes as of late, in fact, I don't remember the last time I really watched one. If I ever want to watch the Simpson's, its the older seasons, the ones that actually had class wrapped up in smart humor with a tint of love. This new brand of Nouveau Simpsons has lost me a long time ago.

What I don't like about this Nouveau Simpsons is that Homer has become a blithering idiot, Bart has become a buffoon, and all attempt at smart funny has been washed away by cheesy lines and weekend hatched plots.

But I guess all empires do fall. :cry: I might still watch it (the newer seasons) from time to time, but rarely do I ever laugh with it anymore.