Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

I was wrong before ... what can a man want more than two chapters of Starcrossed in a couple of days? A third chapter, of course. :twisted: And the wish became true.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

How long can our luck last? 8)
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

As long as we have Stravo among us. And as long as his imagination keeps flowing.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

*Shiver*

God damn Stravo. That was some fucking BEAUTIFUL dialogue. Quit your job as a lawyer, become a writer... now.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

And now Darkstar has managed to die twice in the same fanfic! YES! :D PWNED!
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Captain_Cyran wrote:*Shiver*

God damn Stravo. That was some fucking BEAUTIFUL dialogue. Quit your job as a lawyer, become a writer... now.
I second that. :)
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

That was fantastic, Stravo! I especially loved the part where Luke offers to let Vader walk the new path he's discovered with him as father and son. Force coming full circle indeed.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

“It was the name my mother and father gave me. I bear it proudly. Skywalker is a name meant to save a galaxy.”
Best. Fucking. Line. EVER.

And I DARE you to prove me wrong on that.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
“It was the name my mother and father gave me. I bear it proudly. Skywalker is a name meant to save a galaxy.”

I'm sorry but the best line is:

“You will not turn me Luke. You don’t know the power of the Dark Side.”

“But father…I did.” Luke said softly.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

observer_20000 wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:

That is pretty fucking close. Hell, the entire conversation had shivers running down my spine. I still think the other one is better though.
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
observer_20000 wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote: Best. Fucking. Line. EVER.

That is pretty fucking close. Hell, the entire conversation had shivers running down my spine. I still think the other one is better though.
Oh well, to each his own. :)

I loved that one because it was a brilliant twist on an already great piece of dialogue.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Guys,

First of all thank you so very much for the praise on this one. It was one of those chapters I have been dying to write since the arc started. It also contains several of the lines of dialogue that I had planned since chapter one of this epic. Yes, the "you don't know the power of the dark side" bit.

It wasn't easy getting here and several bits were eidted down or out totally just to get this beast down to a managable size (three parts later) but I'm glad all my work paid off. (And NO there will not be a Starcrossed S.E. - don't you think it's long enough?!)

I'm glad no one gave me shit about Luke's assertion that he was not going to simply be a good guy and give up everythjing he's built with the Imperium. He is his own man forging his own path. It's not going to just be "Oh Luke flipped back to the good side, we get everything back." Real life doesn't work that way and this Luke is not a goody two shoes. He's rejected the path of the Sith but he has not rejected tapping the darkside for power. He simply has a more holisitc approach to the Force. He's not Jedi material nor does he want to be.

Vader has ALOT of soul searching to do and it will show. But I'd like to add that alot of the Vader fanboys were dogging me for some time about my portrayal of the dark lord. Tell me this wasn't worth it. To see him walk down a bridge and casually deflect the Falcon's gunfire and just be a fucking bad ass. Sometimes drama and tension need to be built up. Same with a villain.

Well, now we can return to our regulalrly scheduled war and the coming Battle of Andor that will change everything. Also what kind of author would I be if I did not have some major twists along the way. :D
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Stravo wrote:It wasn't easy getting here and several bits were eidted down or out totally just to get this beast down to a managable size (three parts later) but I'm glad all my work paid off. (And NO there will not be a Starcrossed S.E. - don't you think it's long enough?!)
I think I speak for all the people here who say...... mmmm noo
Split into two maybe even three books but not edited down

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Now if only he could do the same for Cain and Abel...:(
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Great chapters as always.

Can't wait for Thrawn to appear.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Excellent work Stravo.

I frankly think that you can write better then half the EU writers combined, you can capture the characters so perfectly. And that go's double for Star Trek as well.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

So what's happened to the whole, "The universe is ending because the federation mucked around with time travel" thread?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

2000AD wrote:So what's happened to the whole, "The universe is ending because the federation mucked around with time travel" thread?
I blame the idiot(s) who biult the universe. Obiously poor planning if human level sentients can root it :lol:

Probably outsourced to the lowest bidder too :P
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

A few quick questions that may have been answered previously in this thread but...it's like 100 pages now so I'm too lazy to look:

Is it justified to let Thrawn have command of Noghri in the ROTJ era, in particular with Vader on board or would that be wrong? If it would be problematic with Vader on baord but the time frame is OK, I assume the Emperor has ultimate authority to assign Noghri to people or are they literrally Vader's private army?

Darkside adepts - did they exist during the ROTJ era or were they a phenomenon of Dark Empire onward?

What precisely was Leia's rank in the Rebellion? Where did she fall in terms of Mon Mothma and others?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Stravo wrote:A few quick questions that may have been answered previously in this thread but...it's like 100 pages now so I'm too lazy to look:

Is it justified to let Thrawn have command of Noghri in the ROTJ era, in particular with Vader on board or would that be wrong? If it would be problematic with Vader on baord but the time frame is OK, I assume the Emperor has ultimate authority to assign Noghri to people or are they literrally Vader's private army?
They appeared much more in line as Vader's private army.

I mean they pretty much worshipped him and his line.
Darkside adepts - did they exist during the ROTJ era or were they a phenomenon of Dark Empire onward?
A few existed...Shirra Brie(I butchered her name...basically think where Mara Jade came from) I believe is one such.
What precisely was Leia's rank in the Rebellion? Where did she fall in terms of Mon Mothma and others?

She seemed to be at least a commander of some sort, given what she did on Hoth. I believe someone else could fill in the rank.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Stravo wrote:A few quick questions that may have been answered previously in this thread but...it's like 100 pages now so I'm too lazy to look:

No it wouldn't be wrong. The Noghri are devoted personally to Vaderrand he decides who they serve. Thrawn had to do Vader a Favour (he destroyed the corellian wing of Black Sun with the help from the Horns)to get command of them. This happenedd pre ESB.(In fact Pre Massacre at Derra IV) So the Noghri are under Thrawn's command but its unlikely they could be used against Vader.

Pretty sure He had some. Mainly his Hands IIRC
No idea she seemed to be a member of Mon Mothma's Advisory council in the X-Wing books.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

The Noghri were loyal to Vader first and foremost. Through Vader the Emperor, and under their command to Thrawn. So if Vader decided to rebel against the Emperor, I believe that they would side with Vader. In the Thrawn books, I believe they worked for Thrawn because Vader ordered them too, and after his death saw Thrawn as their logical new overlord.

He has Darkside adepts I believe.

Leia was a senator prior to the senates disbandment. And I'm not sure Leia hold a formal rank in the rebellion like General or something like that, but she is one of Mon Mothma's trusted advisors and can command/override troops if she needed to.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

They follow Vader always, but Vader commanded them to follow Thrawn and left them to him. So short of a conflict with Vader or his descendants the Noghri will follow Thrawn's commands absolutely. Note that they are not loyal to the Empire, but rather to Vader personally and whoever he tells them to follow. The Emperor was not on that list.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Its not entirely clear. The best information is that the Noghri were personaly loyal to Vader, which is why later Leia was able to play on that as the heir to his authority and power. However Vader arrived offering them the peace and help of the Empire. They may well obay orders from Palpitine, though I would think they are personaly loyal to Vader. They are also all but unknown to the rest of the Galaxy. Leia tried to serach records for them on Courscant and couldn't find anything.

Thrawn used them much more as Imperial Commandos rather then Noghri Warriors which chaffed on them a litte. But they were an honorable race and held their debt to Vader to Thrawn when Vader told them that he was their new lord. I would say that by Starcrossed Vader would have *already* turned the Noghri over to Thrawn as clearly he did it sometime before he died and not during the SOTE period before Endor.

So in short Thrawn would have access the Noghri teams. But they would still be personaly loyal to Vader, not the Empire, should he chose to invoke his authority.

They only really started to come out during DE which to me speaks of Palpitine taking the time when he was 'dead' to really start training his Darkside army. Prior to that, he had Vader and Jade and that was enough for his goals. After his death though, he MIGHT have found it prudent instead to train up a large number of lesser addapts rather then a full scale XO like Vader, to avoid a repeat of Endor.

In the Rebellion? Its not that clear. Early in the NR she was officaly made the Minister of State, Mon Mothmas frontline Ambasador both on and offworld as well as heading up the NR's equivilant of the 'State Department'. Essentialy she was the frontline person. Wedge described her thus:
Wedge seated himself beside her.

"You've gone from being the youngest person ever to be elected to the Imperial Senate to the fusion reactor for the whole Rebellion. Mon Mothma may lead us, and Admiral Ackbar may fight for us, but you're the one who keeps all the disparate parts of the New Republic working together. How you do that, I can't even begin to guess"
During the Rebellion she DID hold a military rank of some kind, though I don't think she was a commisioned officer. She was competent enough in infintry tactics to be allowed on certian ground misions, Endor being a prime example (of course Endor was an all or nothing 100% effort by the Allience). During SOTE she was given leave to search for Han and even got the Allience to assign Rogue Squadron to help them.

As far as I can see, she was a bit of everything during the Rebeliion, prior to Endor. A diplomat, insurgent, military leader, spokesperson....
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Vader may have "turned them over" to Thrawn, but the Noghri clearly never thought of Thrawn as highly as they did of Vader. If Vader were to be some miracle return and order them to his side, they would flock to it. Remember that Leia had to convince them that everyone *but* Vader had decieved them- they would simply not brook the thought, they loved him so much. Thrawn can't possibly have control over them where Vader still lives- especially if Vader and Thrawn were to come into conflict.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/