Drakafic: Across the Marco Polo Bridge

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

MKSheppard wrote:Projected Causalty count for this battle?
I think she said "I suspect that the Japanese lost around 110,000 killed and the Taipings about 250,000 over the whole period of thirty-eight to forty days of intense fighting."
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

That's right, but those deaths are not just soldiers--they include civilians or, in the case of the Japanese, labourers. Another important fact to remember is that essentially no prisoners were taken by either side, which somewhat increases casualties. Not included in the earlier division tally were the initial two Japanese divisions, which were badly mauled in the crossing and counterattacks immediately after it; that means there were about 550,000 Japanese troops and 875,000 Taiping troops involved in all aspects of the conflict around Xuzhou.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

Awww, I thought you wrote another chapter Duchess. This is stuff is stronger than crack I tell you.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

frigidmagi wrote:Awww, I thought you wrote another chapter Duchess. This is stuff is stronger than crack I tell you.
She finished the story up, Frigid.
frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

She finished the story up, Frigid.
Book II, Phongn, now stop killing my hopes and dreams... Dreamkiller. :P
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

Your description of the Taipings seem solid. I had thought that Stirling tossed in the name as an afterthought. The cultists were an odd bunch. I wonder how they semi-Christianized the nation.