Post your browser skin

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post your browser skin

Post by Ace Pace »

Post how your browser looks!

I'll start with my own.

http://ofek.frozenflame.org//AP/Pictures/Opera1.JPG
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I use Opera as my web browser. It's better than IE, that's for sure. And it looks swanky.

The skin is Opera Crystal ver 3.0.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Stofsk wrote:I use Opera as my web browser. It's better than IE, that's for sure. And it looks swanky.

The skin is Opera Crystal ver 3.0.
Outside of the smallness, whats nice about that skin?

oh wait, I shouldn't talk, i'm the one with the reguler windows skin.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

How in the hell do you guys do it. how do you post pics of your desktop like that? I can't figure it out. :oops:
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Mrs Kendall wrote:How in the hell do you guys do it. how do you post pics of your desktop like that? I can't figure it out. :oops:
There should be a Print Screen button, that saves the desktop, open up Paint, Paste, save as a Jpeg. and your done.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Make sure you save as a .jpg as a .bmp will likely be excessively large. The PrtScr (Print Screen) button is usually in the top right hand half of a keyboard. Once you press that, use any graphics program - paint will do, but I used Irfanview - hit ctrl-v, or edit->paste and you get a picture of your screen. Save it to .jpg as Ace mentioned. Then upload the picture to a server, I recommend Photobucket. Once you have an account, and you've submitted the picture, you can then post a url to the picture.

Does that sound easy or what? :P ;)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Stofsk wrote:Make sure you save as a .jpg as a .bmp will likely be excessively large. The PrtScr (Print Screen) button is usually in the top right hand half of a keyboard. Once you press that, use any graphics program - paint will do, but I used Irfanview - hit ctrl-v, or edit->paste and you get a picture of your screen. Save it to .jpg as Ace mentioned. Then upload the picture to a server, I recommend Photobucket. Once you have an account, and you've submitted the picture, you can then post a url to the picture.

Does that sound easy or what? :P ;)
She uploaded stuff before, I don't think space is an issue.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ace, you are correct but to be honest I didn't understand your explanation :P I shall try...
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

K here it is. Thanks for the help guys.

My Browser Skin

Took me a while cause I was trying to make it smaller in paint, not knowing it would look smaller once it was uploaded, silly me :oops:
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Never saw that SDN skin before..but IE?!
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ace Pace wrote:Never saw that SDN skin before..but IE?!
Yeah, I use this SDN skin because it helps in figuring out who is signed in here, and fast. Cpl Kendall or myself. He uses the general skin that non members can see, the blue one. Looks like alot of people use that skin too. You can change it in your profile. In case you didn't know :wink:

And yes, I know, we do have problems with IE but just haven't bothered to change it. We're used to the setup and find that Netscape has worked like crap for us in the past. Don't know... why is it so bad for people to use IE in your opinion. BTW I knew someone was gonna comment on that one :wink: :lol:
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Mrs Kendall wrote:And yes, I know, we do have problems with IE but just haven't bothered to change it. We're used to the setup and find that Netscape has worked like crap for us in the past. Don't know... why is it so bad for people to use IE in your opinion. BTW I knew someone was gonna comment on that one :wink: :lol:
Netscape IS, or at least has been, crap. Don't even waste your time with it -- try Mozilla Firefox instead.

You can check the Gaming & Computers forum for a list of reasons why IE is so bad to use. In particular, look at the "MSIE Bugs" sticky at the top of the forum.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Lord Revan wrote:mine

version1

Version2
Aww.. I feel special, you copied my messages LOL. I mean you printed the screen when it was on my message :wink: :lol:
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Crayz9000 wrote: Mozilla Firefox instead.
Yup thanks, I'll leave that up for Cpl Kendall to see and we'll talk about it, I don't really want to go changing things behind his back when I don't really know what I'm doing on this thing. I may screw it up like I have in the past :oops:
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Opera pwns (preloaded bookmarks includes Talk.Origins!) and this skin is small and easy on the eyes.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I love the Noia theme for FireFox, it looks the best without huge amounts of darkness or brightness; just right.

Firefox and good ole BlackSoul

Blacksoul is the only way I'll see this board, ever.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Linux, Firefox and Charamel. As mother nature had always intended for it to be. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/ ... pshot2.jpg
Psycho Smiley
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Psycho Smiley »

Firefox and millenniumFalcon. Whee!
An Erisian Hymn:
Onward Christian Soldiers, / Onward Buddhist Priests.
Onward, Fruits of Islam, / Fight 'till you're deceased.
Fight your little battles, / Join in thickest fray;
For the Greater Glory / of Dis-cord-i-a!
Yah, yah, yah, / Yah-yah-yah-yah plfffffffft!
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

Firerfox using pinball theme this is my work PC
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

That's milleniumFalcon you heathen!

Anyway, mine looks exactly like Mrs Kendalls so there's no point in posting a pic: IE with milleniumFalcon SDN.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Using Firefox w/ Phoenity on a *gasp* Windows laptop (I accidently nuked my linux partition, and don't feel like downloading everything over dialup again... and I don't have internet access anyway (currently using broadband from one of my neighbors since most aren't secured- only the laptop has wireless, and it's my sister's).

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

It is the one true skin. Go cleanse thyself.

I'm using default Opera 7.5.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Here is mine, another Linux. (browser is Konqueror).

Image | And ffs I'm a guy | Kaffee und Kuchen | SD.net Chroniclers | Knight of the Garter Image

[+] Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia
[+] Wombat, my blog
Contact @ mokuias {at} gmail {dot} com