Col. Crackpot's 3rd Annual Crappy Christmas Music Thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Col. Crackpot's 3rd Annual Crappy Christmas Music Thread

Post by Col. Crackpot »

This year, i'm at my wits end. 2 radio stations here have switched to the all Christmas format. My wife, being Ms. Christmas Lady insists that the car radio be tuned to one of them at all times. Don't get me wrong, i love Bruce Springsteen's 'Santa Claus is coming to town' and Nat King Cole's 'Christmas Song' but if i have to listen to the fucking Waitresses sing 'Christmas Wrapping' one more time my head will expode, and it's still November! Or Feliz Navidad.... or anything by Celenie Dion or the greatest evil: Celine Dion's version of Feliz Navidad! ( Singing merry christmas in Spanish with a French-Canadian accent? :wtf: ) So what does it for you? What Christmas tune pisses you off the most?

edit: Oh! i almost forgot, my new annoyance: that goddamn song that drones on about how it's 'christmas in america' over and over and over....
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

The Pogues. They can go to hell. Can't stand the bloody song about the NYPD choir. Other than that, any christmas song I'm forced to listen to in the shops over and over again. They can even ruin Slade for me if I hear it too much, and I love that song. :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

I'm getting tired of the various versions of The Hannukah Song. The first one was funny, the second was pushing it, but the rest just get progressively lamer.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Transsiberian Orchestra.

*ducks flames*

Now, now, hear me out. On the radio its fine, it sucks ass live though. Couldn't really hear the music, all I could hear was my heart murmer from all the god damn bass.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Re: Col. Crackpot's 3rd Annual Crappy Christmas Music Thread

Post by Lagmonster »

Col. Crackpot wrote:This year, i'm at my wits end. 2 radio stations here have switched to the all Christmas format. My wife, being Ms. Christmas Lady insists that the car radio be tuned to one of them at all times.
Dear fuck, I feel your pain. One radio station here in Ottawa did that; all Christmas music, all the fucking time.

The ladies in administration play it all day long, and some have been speculatively eyeing the stereo and pondering how badly it would impact their careers to toss it in the trash compactor.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

Paul McCartney wrote:Simply having a wonderful Christmas time!
:wtf: :evil: :finger:
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

*looks around for Kuja and his loving words regarding 'Feliz Navidad'*
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Hmm... Tough call, but that reminds me, it's time to pull out the "Punk Christmas" CD again. :mrgreen:
"Freak on a leash! Freak on a leash!"
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia wrote:*looks around for Kuja and his loving words regarding 'Feliz Navidad'*
*gives what is desired*

That fucking piece of shit song got played so fucking much last year it drove me out of my fucking mind. Then, two days BEFORE fucking Thanksgiving, my mall switcheds to playing Christmas music without stop.

A seven-hour shift. Right under one of the speakers. FUCK me.

This fucking travesty of a Christmas song comes on and all the enraged hate built up from last year was suddenly there again and I had a strong desire to throw something large and heavy at whoever decided to start playing so much fucking Christmas music so fucking early.

I swear to fucking god, I hear a version of feliz navided at least every thirty fucking minutes while I'm at work and I CAN'T FUCKING STAND IT! Why is this song so goddamns popular?1 I'ts the same fucking five lines over and over and fucking over again to fgill up three minutes of time that would've been better spent airing a fucking beef commercial. If I ever find the band who played this, I'm going to take their fucking instruments, tear them apart, beat them to a pulp with the fragments, then drag them out into the street and fucking LYNCH THEM!@!
JADAFETWA
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Damaramu wrote:
Paul McCartney wrote:Simply having a wonderful Christmas time!
:wtf: :evil: :finger:
There's a chick version of this song floating around with 1000% better background music.
JADAFETWA
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

"Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey". It's a three minute dago joke set to horrible music. So far, the only song on this list which is actively offensive.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

RedImperator wrote:"Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey". It's a three minute dago joke set to horrible music. So far, the only song on this list which is actively offensive.
My wife is a "dago" and she loves that fucking song for some reason. Me? i'm waiting for an Irish Christmas song that involves a bottle of Bush Mills and a potato. If someone had the balls to wite 'Dominic the Donkey' i'm sure someone else has the balls to write something called 'Shitfaced Seamus Saves Santa's Sack'.

oh and Kuja, for the record Feliz Navidad was originally written and performed by Jose Feliciano.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ding, Fries Are Done

and the Trans Siberian Orchestra version of "Ding Fries Are Done" (okay it's really the original song playing at the same time as some TSO music). :D

It's a parody of "Carol Bells"

I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers, I wear paper hats.
Would you like an apple pie with that?
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
I gotta run.
I gotta run.
I gotta run.
I gotta run.
Don't bob for fries in hot fatty meat.
They hurt bad and so do skin grafts.
Where is the bell?
Wait for the bell.
Can't hear the bell.
Where is the bell?
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers. I wear paper hats.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.
Ding! Fries are done.

But it really isn't Christmas until I hear Jingle Hells Bells and Santa Claus (think Black Sabath's Iron Man). :twisted:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

The music played in Christmas commercials. Especially in the Old Navy commercials. Still, last year's were far worse.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

In a thread about bad christmas music, I am forced to bring this to your attention.

http://bandaiddilemma.net/

We all now it's for a good cause, but let's face it, it's the most mawkish, irritating christmas tune in the world...
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

RedImperator wrote:"Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey". It's a three minute dago joke set to horrible music. So far, the only song on this list which is actively offensive.
**snarls**
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

OH MY GOD I ALMOST FORGOT THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT "DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?"

That song pisses me off to no end. Like every poor person in the world (namely the ones in Africa, since they say something about there being no snow in Africa this Christmas), every poor person that they're singing about would be celebrating Christmas if only they just knew it was Christmastime?! So ignorant. Ugh. Hate it. Especially THIS part:

And the Christmas bells that ring there
Are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you

"Thank God it's them instead of you?!" God, how dreadful is that?! Disgusting.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

One that REALLY gets to me is "Christmas in the Northwest" it's so pukishly mainstream and commercialized.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Zaia wrote:OH MY GOD I ALMOST FORGOT THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT "DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?"

That song pisses me off to no end. Like every poor person in the world (namely the ones in Africa, since they say something about there being no snow in Africa this Christmas), every poor person that they're singing about would be celebrating Christmas if only they just knew it was Christmastime?! So ignorant. Ugh. Hate it. Especially THIS part:

Wasn't there a Welsh radio station that banned that song for being so bad?
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:
Zaia wrote:OH MY GOD I ALMOST FORGOT THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT "DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?"
Wasn't there a Welsh radio station that banned that song for being so bad?
I hope so! It was unbelievably horrible!!
egyptfrk
Padawan Learner

Post by egyptfrk »

John Mellancamp's (sp?) version of "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause"
...then again, that could just be because I'm not a big fan of his stuff...
There's too much blood in my caffiene system!
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade other countries.
Image SoS:NBA Because boys are icky
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Z, i'm pretty sure that's intended as a guilt trip.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

mind you I like the song, but growing up hippie, it's gotta be John Lennon "So this is Christmas" for overplay value....

thankfull marley and hendrix never did any holiday fare....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
bohemianfey
Jedi Master

Post by bohemianfey »

Col. Crackpot wrote:

Z, i'm pretty sure that's intended as a guilt trip.
It definitely is.
That image doesn't scream serious.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

"Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey". It's a three minute dago joke set to horrible music. So far, the only song on this list which is actively offensive.
Oddly enough, that song is an annual favorite of my Italian-American family. My uncle will often begin to sing it very loudly at random intervals. Sort of to make fun of just how bad it is.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.