Col. Crackpot's 3rd Annual Crappy Christmas Music Thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes only make fun our sdelves

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Z, i'm pretty sure that's intended as a guilt trip.
I don't care, it's still a shite song that pisses me the fuck off. The irony alone in it kills me before we even get to the guilt trips and whatnot. UGH. They want to do some real good, they can donate some of their fortunes, not spend a couple of hours recording a song that boosts their careers.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

*plugs ears*
One more month and its over, one more month of craptastic headache inducing 24/7 christmas music on every single radio station to go.

With few exceptions, christmas songs annoy me to no end. Especially the ones with sleighbells since they remind of those stupid TV commercials.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Zaia wrote:
I don't care, it's still a shite song that pisses me the fuck off. The irony alone in it kills me before we even get to the guilt trips and whatnot. UGH. They want to do some real good, they can donate some of their fortunes, not spend a couple of hours recording a song that boosts their careers.
So it's only okay to donate in certain ways? I think every little bit helps. No, I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm just curious. It seems to me they should be commended for putting the time into doing it, many people don't even go that far.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

bohemianfey wrote:
Zaia wrote:
So it's only okay to donate in certain ways? I think every little bit helps. No, I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm just curious. It seems to me they should be commended for putting the time into doing it, many people don't even go that far.
besides, that annoying craptacular song raised billions of dollars for Oxfam. Not to mention the fact it spawned Live Aid, AND USA for Africa's equally mind numbing yet life saving sapfest 'We are the World'. Z, Sometimes even music snobs have to aknowlege the fact that those shit songs did a whole lot of good. Now go cleanse your brian with some Mongo Santamaria.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Fey and I talked a little about this last night, and you both are right; every little bit does help. But it feels too much to me like they're mocking the people they're helping while helping themselves in the process. For people who have more to give than most of the rest of us, recording a song and getting tons of publicity is really not that great of a sacrifice in my estimation. *shrugs*

Besides, Crackpot, it's still a crap song and, as you know, that's what this thread is all about. :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman