The HAB's new Objective Interim Light Land Assault Vehicle

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

The HAB's new Objective Interim Light Land Assault Vehicle

Post by MKSheppard »

Linky

Behold the OILLAV in all it's glory! It shall be crewed by BLock IVA RadTroopers and poered by Block IX Atomic Ignition Engines.

And thanks to AcePace for showing it to me :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

GODDAMIT SHEP, it was MY link to post. :evil: :evil: :evil:

and you don't have the thumbnail *points at his thread*

Talk about bad miles per gallon...

EDIT: This is...Light? Image Image
Last edited by Ace Pace on 2004-12-04 11:54am, edited 1 time in total.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Ace Pace wrote:GODDAMIT SHEP, it was MY link to post. :evil: :evil: :evil:
*Chatters Evilly*

No one ever suspects the Dolphin...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Ace Pace wrote:EDIT: This is...Light? Image Image
Of course! Heavy must be capabul of defeating 40 Light vehicles AT ONCE.

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

MKSheppard wrote:
Of course! Heavy must be capabul of defeating 40 Light vehicles AT ONCE.
Image ImageImage Image

Shepperd, I think you've gone off the deep end, that is a multi-MILLION ton tank, powered by a GALLONS PER YARD engine.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

That thing's going to need 3 nuclear reactors.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:That thing's going to need 3 nuclear reactors.
Nuclear? Puny fool! The HAB Atomic Ignition Engine Block IXCLI will be capabul of powering it; using the new Pz-474 coolant loop!

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Does it transform?
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

What would be really cool is to see a quick CGI film of this sucker in action. Preferably engaging several dozen M1A1 Abrams and other assorted ground victims...er...I mean units. :twisted:
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I have a reasonable counter to this vehicle.

Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

SirNitram wrote:I have a reasonable counter to this vehicle.
*Snip*

Actually HABSAC has their own ubervehicle.

The B-39 is so huge it carires it's own nuclear reactor to power it's
engines and it's own plutonium production plant; along with hundreds
of hydrogen bombs (the 1950s producton models that were as big as
a house), can cruise indefinitely at 100,000 feet, and carries a crew
of 1,000.

To get it off the ground, PLUTO jet packs are used, the irradated area
from the XB-39 prototype's take off roll was 1,000 sq miles.

The B-39A production model reduced this to 800 sq miles

And for ultra light ground attack, HAB uses the Su-95 Shturmovik:

And Nitram, it would do you well to remember HAB standard hardening,
the windowblinds on HAB houses must withstand 2,000 PSI of overpressure
minimum.

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK OF DOOM is the Su-95 Shturmovik?

tell me Shep, that your monitor is not white now, I want to see you lie.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lets not get into the HAB Block IXV AIE-Powered Leaf Blower,
used by the Total Contamination Brigades for final cleanup.

It's primary purpose is to blow a giant cone of atomic flame
across the landscape, with 1,500 PSI of overpressure to boot;
allowing it to literally sterilize entire planetary surfaces after
the preliminary carpet nuking and total contamination.

If faced with an enemy who uses Special Materials for construction,
the system is boosted with an afterburner utilizing liquefied Pz-474

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

MKSheppard wrote:And Nitram, it would do you well to remember HAB standard hardening,
minimum.
Gods, I love the HAB wankervehicles. They're so blatant in their over-the-topness.

Faced with this sort of madness, there is only one option:

Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure! :lol: Don't stop shooting until you see the red of their mantle!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

SirNitram wrote:Gods, I love the HAB wankervehicles. They're so blatant in their over-the-topness
Actually, most of them are feasibul. It's just that it woudl require multiples of the world's gross domestic product to work. Luckuly for us, HAB has no budgit,
the budgiteers were slaughtered; we have blank checks in a box nowadays.

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

MKSheppard wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Gods, I love the HAB wankervehicles. They're so blatant in their over-the-topness
Actually, most of them are feasibul. It's just that it woudl require multiples of the world's gross domestic product to work. Luckuly for us, HAB has no budgit,
the budgiteers were slaughtered; we have blank checks in a box nowadays.
You know, compared to Psychic Teleportation, this is downright effective. Considered giving the plans to the Army for study yet?

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

MKSheppard wrote: *Snip*

Actually HABSAC has their own ubervehicle.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Armour/She ... Attack.gif

The B-39 is so huge it carires it's own nuclear reactor to power it's
engines and it's own plutonium production plant; along with hundreds
of hydrogen bombs (the 1950s producton models that were as big as
a house), can cruise indefinitely at 100,000 feet, and carries a crew
of 1,000.
Reminds me of the Wing Fortress from Sonic 2. :D
JADAFETWA
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

While they are nifty vehicles, all the sticky HAB keyboards this thread has created kinda kills it.... :P
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

:shock: :shock: <Stan>Holy Shit d00dz</Stan>

I think that thing could make a good starship with a few modifications...
Image Image
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Wasn't that posted to Spacebattles?
The Great and Malignant
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SirNitram wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:And Nitram, it would do you well to remember HAB standard hardening,
minimum.
Gods, I love the HAB wankervehicles. They're so blatant in their over-the-topness.
Just because HAB has the foresight to lay down minimal construction standards which make it's housing over six times as resistant as US ICBM silos does not mean it is over the top. It means its just getting started.

Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure! :lol: Don't stop shooting until you see the red of their mantle!
You seem to be working from the flawed viewpoint that we haven't built bunkers inside the solid iron core of the earth, and that our surface bunkers are not capabul of floating on a lake of molten rock, or in a vat of boiling Special Type Atomci Element Pz-474 for that matter.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Galvatron wrote:Does it transform?
Wow, you should be dead by now. What the hell, I'll join in.

Does it Transform, Shep? If it doesn't then Trypticon could kick its arse. :P
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:That thing's going to need 3 nuclear reactors.
Reactors? The modern ground vehicle can only be effectively powered by a HAB Atomic Ignition Engine. For those of your ignorant of this glorious new power generation system the Atomic Ignition Engine works exactly like a supercharged gasoline engine. Only instead of injecting mere gasoline into each cylinder, an atomic weapon is injected and initiated. A 'diesel' version is also in service, in which instead of a bomb a simply slug of nuclear material is shot in and initiates when the upward piston stroke compresses it to the point of criticality. Fuel may be uranium, plutonium or Special Type Atomic Element Pz-474, which is extracted from Unobtainium in Atomic Boiling Blast Furnaces.

HAB does however field boiling plutonium reactors for some other power generation purposes which are less volume critical.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
minimum.
Just because HAB has the foresight to lay down minimal construction standards which make it's housing over six times as resistant as US ICBM silos does not mean it is over the top. It means its just getting started.
Of course. But if it doesn't have No-Spill(tm) brand cupholders, it is an abject failure.

You seem to be working from the flawed viewpoint that we haven't built bunkers inside the solid iron core of the earth, and that our surface bunkers are not capabul of floating on a lake of molten rock, or in a vat of boiling Special Type Atomci Element Pz-474 for that matter.
You can sit in your bunkers. Have fun. I'll nick your orbital assets while you wait for the ground to solidify enough to support your light vehicles.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

That's why we have my command area. 8)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician