Catchy crap songs

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

egyptfrk
Padawan Learner

Post by egyptfrk »

Howedar wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:I'd also like to nominate U2 "Vertigo"
Is it bad when you're tired of a song before it's even for sale?
What do you mean? :? Its off of their new album. I bought it a week ago.
There's too much blood in my caffiene system!
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade other countries.
Image SoS:NBA Because boys are icky
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Barbie Girl (it's so damn catchy)

Also, I love alot of the older music that people have been listing in this thread (disco and such) but I wear that love on my sleve. What can I say, I love older music 'cause it's the best stuff around.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Mrs. CmdrWilkens wrote:
Howedar wrote:Is it bad when you're tired of a song before it's even for sale?
I'm with Howedar; I was completely sick of that song before the album was released. My radio stations played it constantly and since I never liked it from the beginning, it got really obnoxious after a couple of days.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

The song itself is nothing when compared to that fucking annoying ipod commercial they made out of it. That makes me want to burn things.
JADAFETWA
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Kuja wrote:The song itself is nothing when compared to that fucking annoying ipod commercial they made out of it. That makes me want to burn things.
The fact that what I've stomached of the song makes little to no sense and Bono has no idea how to count in Spanish (ones, two, three, fourteen?) is enough for me to should "Gah! Not again!" while making a mad leap to turn it off of my radio, but doesn't make me want to burn things. :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Zaia wrote:
Kuja wrote:The song itself is nothing when compared to that fucking annoying ipod commercial they made out of it. That makes me want to burn things.
The fact that what I've stomached of the song makes little to no sense and Bono has no idea how to count in Spanish (ones, two, three, fourteen?) is enough for me to should "Gah! Not again!" while making a mad leap to turn it off of my radio, but doesn't make me want to burn things. :D
Since I don't really give two craps about Spanish, that doesn't really bother me. I think Vertigo is OK, but having Bono shove his unshaven and ugly mug into the screen of my tv is a great way to get me to change the channel.
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Mrs. CmdrWilkens wrote:
Howedar wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:I'd also like to nominate U2 "Vertigo"
Is it bad when you're tired of a song before it's even for sale?
And they've been playing and promoting the hell out of it for a lot longer. It feels like ages to me. I liked it and it was catchy. Souless even for modern U2 but catchy. And then they promptly played it to death on the radio.
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

The EBC will remember this one but I dont think anyone else will:

"The Chicken Song" by Spitting Image, circa mid-80's.

"Hold a chicken in the air,
Stick a deckchair up your nose,
Fly a jumbo jet,
And then bury all your clothes.
Paint your left knee green,
And extract your wisdom teeth,
Form a string quartet
and pretend your name is Keith...."
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".