Deer vs. Bear

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Deer vs. Bear

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

who'da thought? :P
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Good old healthy natural selection in action. Stupidity is a quickly weeded out trait.

Too bad humans aren't subject to it anymore.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Reminds me of the John West fish ad where the fisherman fights the bear for a fish.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

That must be a beer cub, wait untill mamma comes around...

Deerburger anyone?
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Faram wrote:That must be a beer cub, wait untill mamma comes around...

Deerburger anyone?
The bear won didn't it?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Deerburger anyone?
That's not a cub. It's a black bear. They don't get that big. And yes, the bear won. The last picture only shows it standing on the dead deer. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

2000AD wrote:

Deerburger anyone?
The bear won didn't it?
Yep. That's one bear that had venison that night. But I think Faram is right; it doesn't look full grown.

Reminds me of some stories from when wolves were first reintroduced to Yellowstone. At first the moose and elk didn't know what they were and just stood there, letting themselves be slaughtered by the wolves. It took them a few months to learn to be wary.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Rogue 9 wrote:

Deerburger anyone?
That's not a cub. It's a black bear. They don't get that big. And yes, the bear won. The last picture only shows it standing on the dead deer. :P
I thought black bears were usually bigger than that. Deer aren't exactly huge. Maybe that was just a large cocky one.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Heh. Let that be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can whoop up on Smokey.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Mayabird wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:

Deerburger anyone?
I thought black bears were usually bigger than that. Deer aren't exactly huge. Maybe that was just a large cocky one.
It's definitely not a cub. I meant black bears don't get as big as, say, grizzlies, not that they don't get as big as the bear in the picture. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

How did they get it from two angles like that?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

That's from three angles at least, possibly four. I dunno. Photographer decided to live dangerously and risk moving to get a better shot?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

A half-decent telephoto lens woulda let him snap those without being in too much danger.
The Great and Malignant
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

He wouldn't have been in too much anyway. The bear was otherwise occupied. But the other problem is that the farther away he is, the longer it takes him to circle around.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Rogue 9 wrote:He wouldn't have been in too much anyway. The bear was otherwise occupied. But the other problem is that the farther away he is, the longer it takes him to circle around.
Alternately, there may have been more than one photographer.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Could we have here a nomination for a Darwin Award?
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Seeing as the cameraman was not either killed or permanently disabled from reproducing, no. And before you ask, no, deer can't be nominated for Darwin Awards. ;)
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

That second one makes them look like they're playing pattycake. :D
JADAFETWA