The HAB's new Objective Interim Light Land Assault Vehicle

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Time to give out the Manji Awards!
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SirNitram wrote:
Of course. But if it doesn't have No-Spill(tm) brand cupholders, it is an abject failure.
That feature will be introduced in the Objective Interim models, current Interim model have only conventional Objective Force Counter Drink Spillage Containment Devices.
You can sit in your bunkers. Have fun. I'll nick your orbital assets while you wait for the ground to solidify enough to support your light vehicles.
Thus the reason behind HAB emphasis on an amphibious or snorkeling capability for all ground vehicles.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Of course. But if it doesn't have No-Spill(tm) brand cupholders, it is an abject failure.
That feature will be introduced in the Objective Interim models, current Interim model have only conventional Objective Force Counter Drink Spillage Containment Devices.
Madness! Your coffee will go everywhere! Next you will say you did not add the fold-out map holder or DVD navigation! You've doomed us all!
You can sit in your bunkers. Have fun. I'll nick your orbital assets while you wait for the ground to solidify enough to support your light vehicles.
Thus the reason behind HAB emphasis on an amphibious or snorkeling capability for all ground vehicles.
Your tanks snorkel.

Well, then. It's time to hand out corks.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Thanks Shep for the pictures! I needed a good laugh today!
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

SirNitram wrote:
Madness! Your coffee will go everywhere! Next you will say you did not add the fold-out map holder or DVD navigation! You've doomed us all!
This is HAB, all equipment is standard for cost has become as irrelevant as that foolish concept of maintaining an environment fit for life.

Your tanks snorkel.

Well, then. It's time to hand out corks.
They are quite able to defend themselves while submerged, and in any case I strongly doubt the viability of a cork holding against the vacuum or exhausted pressure created by an AIE power system.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Somebody send the ship from Gradius after that thing!
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

SPOOFE wrote:Wasn't that posted to Spacebattles?
More like to the HLP.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow. That thing is a land battleship!
Robert Walper wrote:What would be really cool is to see a quick CGI film of this sucker in action. Preferably engaging several dozen M1A1 Abrams and other assorted ground victims...er...I mean units. :twisted:
While I agree a video would be amazing, I think there would have to be many, many more Abrams before they actually pose a threat to it. It could simply crush them with its massive treads. There would have to be hundreds of them, I think, before they become a threat.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Anything that can resist weapons system this will fall once my Bureau starts production of it's antimatter spiced davey crockett warheads with PLUTO drive motors. (The problem is that so many factory works die from the immense radiation exposure gained during a brief work period in there that it's becoming hard to find replacements (even with unwillful employment))
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Well, now we know where Manji went: the HAB captured him and forces him to churn out new designs for the Great Leader.

I've noticed that some of the stairs have guardrails blocking the tops of them. And some slanted surfaces which would undoubtedly be difficult to scale have handrails.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Re: The HAB's new Objective Interim Light Land Assault Vehic

Post by Lancer »

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

All this effort, and I bet it still just has two-way speakers. And crappy bass.

Tsk tsk. Sloppy.
The Great and Malignant
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I'm concerned that these light recon vehicles of my armor legions might not have sufficient firepower to be efficient scouts. I'll get my minions in my design bureaus to add some beef right away.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Groovy.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Vympel wrote:I'm concerned that these light recon vehicles of my armor legions might not have sufficient firepower to be efficient scouts. I'll get my minions in my design bureaus to add some beef right away.
Quite right, In accordance with the law of manji those main guns need to be atleast 16 inches in diameter and fire nuclear warheads.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Rogue 9 wrote:That's why we have my command area. 8)
You protect space, I sneak in and stick a knife in there side. Or a three round burst into their forehead.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Agent Fisher wrote:
You protect space, I sneak in and stick a knife in there side. Or a three round burst into their forehead.
And I'll nuke whatever assets they manage to mobilize on the tactical level.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Agent Fisher wrote:
Yeah, what does that have to do with stopping people from seizing our orbital assets? :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Somewhere, in some alternate timeline, a Space Marine Chapter catches a glimpse of this vehicle. Somehow Land Raiders just...don't seem to cut it anymore. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Agent Fisher wrote:
Oops... was that your base I just nuked?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Beowulf wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:
Oops... was that your base I just nuked?
No, my SPARTANs are organized into cells.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

SEND IN KROGOTH!
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Well, you HAB guys better hurry the fuck up. I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but BLUE sky. I was promised mottled brown and gray, and you guys just ain't delivering. What's up with that?
The Great and Malignant
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

You should hear a distinct whistling sound in a few seconds. Shortly there after it will become a roar. Then nothing. Oh there will be sound, just not for you. :twisted:
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Promises, promises.
The Great and Malignant