the story that takes me forever to write

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Shark Bait
Padawan Learner

the story that takes me forever to write

Post by Shark Bait »

Ok I started this story in my head years ago but this is the first time i've bothered writing it down, the story is very long and complex so i'll be posting updates to it ever now and then.

Cyrean
part one

Senk woke first he looked out the window of the small one room house and into the gloom, in the distance lights were moving as the day’s first patrol began. “wake up love” he though to the still sleeping worker he had been seeing illegally for the past three years. His metal prodding caused the sleeping form to stir and slowly a head rose out from under a wing that he had until recently been wrapped in.
“How long sleep?” she asked in the broken language of the ha’ke.
“Not too long” Senk thought keeping its thoughts in check so not to over whelm the poor laborer’s mind. “I must get to the academy though my work is due soon”
“You work long?” Kess asked “last meal I get?”
“Not to long, I’ll be home soon after your shift” Senk thought as he floated closer to Kess and gently ran one tactical along the edge of Kess’s wing “I will prepare our meal, you go to work and be safe today, ok?” he then floated out the door and took off in the direction of the city.

Kess watched her love float away then stood up quickly and went to the mirror to shave her head in preparation for work in the factory. As she extended her 9 inch wrist claw a sudden wave of nausea struck her, this was the second time in just a few days. Kess feared something was wrong as she began shaving, but he also believed that Senk would take care of her. Kess understood that love and physical relations between herself and a ka’nom was illegal, she was smarter than the average worker but still far from Senk’s intelligence. Another wave of nausea struck as Kess finished shaving and began stretching her wings. An egg was not possible Kess thought, Senk would have thought to prevent such a thing he is smart like that. Kess then headed out the door and lifted off into the air heading once more to the factory where she worked.

Kess’s fears of a half breed egg were certainly valid although both breeds needed each other to survive, there were strict laws to prevent a sterile half breed child from being born. If such a child was born it was usually sent to forced labor camps and died shortly there after while the parents were immediately put to death. What Kess did not understand in her child like innocence however was why such laws existed. The ka’nom (who wrote the laws) knew though, it was because half breeds scared them. Half breeds were stronger than them physically yet were intelligent and could not be controlled easily like the ha’ke. The fact that both breeds were hermaphroditic and only identified gender through their roll in relationships complicated things further.

As Kess flew silently towards work Senk was already buried deep in the latest series of reports that had come in over night from a polar research station. It was common knowledge that their universe and entire plane of existence was dying, it had been since the great wars. Now all of the great academies were working, attempting to mend the tatters of what was once space and time. Over the last twenty years things had gotten progressively worse now whole buildings were being removed from existence and sent to unknown destinations. As Senk was finishing the first pile of documents a co-worker, Nake floated into his office.
“I hear you and your servant have gotten unusually close.” Nake thought smugly her beak clicking softly adding to her mocking presence. “Perhaps you should think of getting a new one before someone starts to talk”
“Please are you trying to insinuate something? Senk thought back not even bothering to look up as he levitated the next pile of papers onto his desk. “I could care less about the blood worm’s child.”
Nake was somewhat shocked by the strong language “that sounds very hostile are you trying to compensate?”
“Oh stuff it” Senk thought finally looking up “You know as well as I that they are nothing more than foolish simple beasts of burden. The mask of kindness we show them is nothing more than an act to keep them happy and working, as for my servant I could care less about it except for the fact that it can cook very well.”
“well then” Nake thought, her mind somewhat stunned from the sudden onslaught of anger “if that is how you feel then fine I was only saying that keeping the same servant too long might not look good. Especially since you certainly haven’t taken an interest in anyone around here.”
“You mean I haven’t taken an interest in you, of course can you really blame me? I mean you have been known to swap genes with anything that hovers. How many eggs have you broken now twenty, thirty?” the force and anger of Senk’s mental onslaught scared even him but in a way it was invigorating. Nake’s tentacles dropped and she turned a dark shade of green, but instead of responding she floated out snapping her beak angrily.

By night fall both Kess and Senk were home once more, as the temperatures outside began to fall Senk prepared their meal. Though it was customary for a worker to serve its master, since their relationship had grown beyond the norm Senk had taken to cooking. Once the meal was on the table though Kess could not bring herself to eat, her ill feelings had only worsened through out the day, and the overly warm conditions inside the factory had made things all the more difficult.
“Is something wrong” Senk asked as he levitated a small piece of food to his mouth.
“Ill here” Kess said pointing to upper abdomen “hurt, you fix?”
Senk stopped eating, a morsel of food half way between himself and the table dropped to the floor and he quickly floated over the table stopping in front of Kess, this could indeed be something very bad. He lifted is right tentacle and placed it on Kess’s chest just above where the pain was, then closed his eyes and used his mind to feel what was under the skin and bone. Their worst fear was confirmed in only a week or two Kess would be laying an egg their whole world was about to come crashing down. Senk cursed himself for not seeing this coming,

Over the next several years their lives changed largely for the better, luckily in their younger years both breeds were identical, so both Kess and Senk clamed the child as their own when ever they were questioned by a coworker. However as the child grew it became more and more difficult to hide that it was a half breed, it had traits from both parents. Its eyes and head were to large for it to be a Ha’ke, and its body and wings were far too developed to be a Ka’nom, not to mention the one thing that frightened the Ka’nom most. The child possessed a genetic memory, it did not need to learn in the traditional sense, it simply needed to be reminded of what something was or how it worked. The child brought Kess and Senk even closer together, and it continually amazed them with its strength and intelligence, learning to glide and speak much sooner than any child they had ever heard of and for the first twelve years life was perfect.

At the age of twelve however some problems began to form. By then most Ka’nom’s bodies were already beginning to shrivel as their mental abilities developed faster and faster. While at the same time most Ha’Ke had the claws on the tips of their wings and at their wrists dipped in a softened metal that was vital to their development and eventual survival. The metal kept the bone safe from being chipped or damaged and at the same time was absorbed into blood stream and bones throughout the body increasing their strength. Senk and Kess came to the decision that because of the child’s physical appearance it would have its claws dipped, sadly though the process attracted the attention of the wrong individuals.

One morning not long after the child had received the metal treatment, Kess and Senk awoke suddenly as the door to their small home exploded inward. They had been found out, and their betrayer Nake led the charge on their home. “I knew I was right” Nake thought openly for all to hear “I saw this coming years ago, no one keeps a servant for so long.”
Kess immediately realizing that her love was in danger leapt in front of Senk and extended both wrist claws ready for an attack. Two of the strongest enforcers hovered back through the door then pulled both Senk and Kess out with their minds. As they prepared to kill the parents a third enforcer moved inside to bind the child. Then a curious thing began to happen, as the child screamed the air began to crackle and hum with energy, Senk and Kess who had been forced to the cold ground struggled to look up at the house. They both cried out trying to escape the metal hold of their captors to reach their screaming child, yet the house seemed to shift and change as if viewed through a carnival mirror. Suddenly the world seemed to discharge its energy like a giant capacitor blue lightning crackled around everyone and everything. Then everything was silent, where the house and surrounding area once stood there was now a smoking crater. Everyone was killed captors and prisoners alike the event was held up as a reminder why half breeds were dangerous, though no one knew exactly what did happen.

40 years later
Cyrean awoke with a start and quickly left the cave where he had hidden from the rain the night before. He didn’t sleep much it wasn’t safe, but he had had that dream again, he suspected it was something from his past from before he came to this wrenched plain of existence. But when he tried to remember it all he could think of was blue electricity crackling around and through him as two oddly familiar voices screamed to him. As he walked along searching for a suitable way to climb the cliff he stood near he stretched his wings and extended his mandibles from his mouth. Behind him something disturbed the tall scraggily grass making a rustling noise, he whirled around and saw a small demon standing there wielding a short spear.

Before the demon could act Cyrean leapt into the air over the demon landing perfectly behind it then kicked backwards snapping the creature’s neck. Cyrean stood back up, then turned around and took a step towards the demon “Well” he thought “that takes care of food”. He sat down and began tearing into the carcass, he had been here for years and it wasn’t till recently such small creatures had begun doing patrols. Something had certainly declared war on the demons, and what was even better it was good at it better even than the angels. Cyrean had given up actively attacking the demons years ago, it seemed no matter how many he killed their numbers never seemed to change. As he was finishing off his meal he heard something off in the distance it sounded like a small explosion, in order to get to the sound faster he began climbing so he could glide towards it.

End of part one
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and unlimited power.
"Your socks are high and your jell-o is carnavorous" ~ the diamond smuggler
A friend will call you in Jail. A good friend will visit you in Jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in Jail saying..."THAT WAS AWESOME!" ~ Nick "God" Traxler

“Chief Director and demolitions expert for the Anti-Zombie Task Force”
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Good job. The way it's written really piques my interest.
Shark Bait
Padawan Learner

Post by Shark Bait »

Thanks i'm trying to write the second part now, my biggest problem is coming up with names for various side characters.
A friend will call you in Jail. A good friend will visit you in Jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in Jail saying..."THAT WAS AWESOME!" ~ Nick "God" Traxler

The lost Prophet
Youngling

Post by The lost Prophet »

finaly you got that down, it is a good story and i am glad you decided to share the whole thing
Bams rules: Rule #1. If you dont like it, destroy it
Rule #2. if it serves no purpose, burn it.
"No one is taller then the last man standing" - unknown
"Don't run, you'll only die tired" - Shark Bait
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Shark Bait wrote:Thanks i'm trying to write the second part now, my biggest problem is coming up with names for various side characters.
Names are the hardest part, but I think you did a great job.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Shark Bait
Padawan Learner

Post by Shark Bait »

actually the names on this one were easy part two is much harder. all i did for this one was come up with some hard consinant sound and think about having it for a species without a mouth like ours. for part two i have human names that have the first and last name that I have to get to work together. so um yeah

darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

You ever gonna write any more?
Shark Bait
Padawan Learner

Post by Shark Bait »

I'm working on it right now god damit these stupid names are driving me nuts i hate coming up with names. also i'm up to page seven of this one its going to be much longer and much more indepth. and here is the kicker its not even about the same character. so yeah I figure if i work really hard tonight and maybe tomorrow I might be able to post it before I have to pack my computer to fly home.