JME2's Artwork

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

And for a quick-Friday night experimentation, Alfred Pennyworth:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Another tribute signature for The Best of Both Worlds, featuring Picard and his hand-picked Federation team from Act II:

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

JME2 wrote:Another tribute signature for The Best of Both Worlds, featuring Picard and his hand-picked Federation team from Act II:

[img]*Snip%20pic*[/img]
Otherwise it's fine, but IIRC Picard and Lt. Monroe didn't meet until Picard formed the Hazard on E-E and that happens after Nemesis.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Lord Revan wrote:
JME2 wrote:Another tribute signature for The Best of Both Worlds, featuring Picard and his hand-picked Federation team from Act II:

[img]*Snip%20pic*[/img]
Otherwise it's fine, but IIRC Picard and Lt. Monroe didn't meet until Picard formed the Hazard on E-E and that happens after Nemesis.
I know, but due to the Star Trek portions of the crossover set in the weeks leading up to Nemesis, I had to ignore that. We can, however, infer that Picard knew of the Team from the logs of the Voyager and wanted him on the delegation after Munro and Kyle Katarn fended off a Vong assualt on a Federation embassy in chapters 17/18.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, as you're about to see, I had a rather busy night.

I was toying around and decided on a sig that involved the Dominion War:

Then I got to thinking about the set I had done last month on the six major battles of the Star Wars films and thought why not do something similiar with the five main battles of the Dominion War?

As soon as I can get better quality pictures, I'll probably redo both Chin'toka sigs and the final attack on Cardassia so that they blend better.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I haven't finished beating the dead horse -- at least not quite.

With the Dominion War signatures, I felt that I have a reached a new point in development of my personal digital style. So, I decided to go back and tinker with custom signatures based off of my crossover fanfics.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm going to change any of these signatures on their respective boards -- at least not yet. This was simply some experimentation on my part.

So, we'll start off with Star Trek/Star Wars: The Best of Both Worlds. Here is the current signature:

Now, we'll start off with a warmup...

... followed by the first new experimentation:

Now, onto Justice League/Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water -- Yesterdays and Tomorrows. As before, the current signature:

Now, we'll begin anew with another warmup:

...followed by the next stage of experimentation:

I like the second new design because it bears similarity to my original design from earlier this year while I was still using MS Paint:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I'm going to experiment for a while. Switch away from my traditional Sherlock motif. In its place, for the moment at least, is Captain Nemo as he appeared during the final five episodes of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. So, we go from:

...to...

... and finally, to...

Last edited by JME2 on 2004-12-16 11:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

And one last one for the evening, because I wasn't entirely happy with the cutting and placement of the previous Justice League/Nadia experimentation:

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I like Sherlock, though. :P Ah well. Cool.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Rogue 9 wrote:I like Sherlock, though. :P Ah well. Cool.
As I said, I'm just experimenting for the moment. I may very well go back, but that of course remains to be seen. 8) :lol:
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I think I finally found a sig to, heh, rule them all! :lol:

The problem with the latest revamp was, though it had better images, the current signature is more vivid. So, once I got off work, I tweaked, mixed and matched the styles of both signatures. And voila! We combine:

...with..

...and get...

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

JME2 wrote:I think I finally found a sig to, heh, rule them all! :lol:
"I am the Dark Lord of Mordor and I have forged the Ruling Sig, the Master Sig, The One Sig... TO RULE THEM ALL!" *Cue the Fellowship theme.* :lol:

I like. :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Rogue 9 wrote:
JME2 wrote:I think I finally found a sig to, heh, rule them all! :lol:
"I am the Dark Lord of Mordor and I have forged the Ruling Sig, the Master Sig, The One Sig... TO RULE THEM ALL!" *Cue the Fellowship theme.* :lol:

I like. :D
Thank you

(Side Note: When I meant rule them, I was making reference to all of my previous Justice League/Nadia signatures 8) )
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, in case you didn't get the reference, see here.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Rogue 9 wrote:Well, in case you didn't get the reference, see here.
Now I get it. Very amusuing; thank you for showing me this. :)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

One last revamp, utilizing the background of the current signature:

+

=

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I just won't stop with the damm Nadia sig, will I? 8)

This one was perfect save for Nadia herself; I felt there was too little of her in comparison Jean. So, I wanted to fix that. However, the Holiday hiatus screwed with my schedule, so I was only able to fix it tonight. Here is the previous result:

Now we have the same sig, albeit with the new Nadia:

I also experiment slightly, putting both couples back together for the first time since this sig:

What do you think?
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, I've got another signature ready; nothing too overly elaborate or simple. Fans of the World's Finest will like this one:

Also, in addition, my avatar may or may not in the next day or two go from:

...to:

Last edited by JME2 on 2005-02-06 12:47am, edited 1 time in total.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Did a little edit on the World's Finest sig, primarily to the background:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Inspired by the revelation at the end of the first half of the JLU season finale, we have what I'd like to term "Warhawk: Identity Crisis" :lol: 8). Enjoy:

I personally like the second one more.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

For the Star Wars fans out there, this one's for you guys:

Out of all the sigs I have done, this is certainly going into my personal favorites.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I've got a new variant on the World's Finest concept. I hope the Star Trek fans enjoy the in-joke:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Repeat after me, from the top: The Justice League/Nadia signature will not die, the Justice League/Nadia signature will not die, etc... 8)

Now that I've got that out of the way, I would like to present what I truly feel, aside from some minor editing and polishing, the final JL/Nadia re-design. Enjoy:

Current Design:

Latest Re-Design
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, hour after hour of laboring and polishing have finally paid off. I give you the sequel to Sith signature from a few posts back. Now, we have it's light counterpart -- the Jedi Knights, in two different variations. The first is meant to be plain, the other to try and act as a counterpart to the flames in the Sith sig. So, as always, enjoy:

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, I have the first of two revamps. The first is a revamp of the Star Trek/Star Wars: The Best of Both Worlds sig. Here's the current sig:

Now, the revamp:

At first glance, the only change appears to be the addition of Luke's lightsaber blade. But it's not. For this variant, I've leaned away from my normal attention to sharpness in favor of tweaking the tone, brightness, and contrast. The result, while less sharpened, has a more vivid coloring than its predecessor.

Next up: The [umpteenth] revamp of the Justice League/Nadia signature: