Pimp my desktop!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Pimp my desktop!

Post by Chardok »

Okay, all you lucky people! You get the joy of encouraging my laziness! That's right! You PSP'ers and photoshoppers and whatever. You all know what I like! Gunney Hartman, the Master Chief, M-60's, Mk19's, Airwolf, Star Wars, Ice pirates (Dont you dare put ice pirates on there), LotR, etc. My challenge to you is to cobble me together a really neat wallpaper for my desktop at home! I use 1024X768 resolution. My current wallpaper is an AvP crapfest that's been on there far too long. The weiner gets the pleasure of having their handiwork on my desktop until such time as I get tired of looking at it!

FAQ:

1. What? Are you kidding me, Chardok?!

Absolutely not! This is 100% for real! I'll proudly display your work for all to enjoy! All shall love you and despair!

2. Is this for real?

YEAH! Totally! Would I lie?! Would you DARE question the word of a Halo fanwhore?

3. What?!

Mmm hmm. no foolin'.

4. Come on.

I'm dead serious.

5. Why are you doing this?

Can you not read? I'm lazy. Plus I don't know how, and nothing on the internet is customizable to my....somewhat diverse....tastes!

6. Must the Masterchief be on it.

No. He doesn't have to be, but if you want to win, he should be in there somewhere. Cause if someone posts one with the Chief in it....you lose. (unless the chief looks like he's cut out from a magazine)

7. Caption?

Sure! Go ahead. You guys prolly know me better than anyone. I have very few if any friends, and I've spilled my guts all over this board ad nauseum.

8. can it be humorous? Like a bug on Klendathu running the masterchief through with a legspine?

Besides the fact that this is impossible, because the masterchief would personally destory the entire population of bugs on Keldathu with nothing but a jar of peanut butter and some pocket lint, entrants submitting a desktop showing the masterchief being killed will be promptly paid a visit to by the Department of Bungie security. But, yes, It can be humorous.

9. Are you stupid or something?

Stupid is as stupid does.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Just a quick question, love. Do you smoke crack by any chance?
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

bohemianfey wrote:Just a quick question, love. Do you smoke crack by any chance?
That was random...The answer is, not surprisingly, a resounding no.
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

Chardok wrote:
bohemianfey wrote:Just a quick question, love. Do you smoke crack by any chance?
That was random...The answer is, not surprisingly, a resounding no.
Just checking.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What if I give you a really pimpin' looking Navy ship? Or something cool from Grand Theft Auto 3 or Homeworld?

Or both... *schemes*
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

You know what? I just might do it. Consider it an xmas present.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

You could overcome your laziness and earn to do it yourself or, if you have gotten tired of your old 'paper, google. There is a multitude of stuff out there anyway.
*shrug*
Image | And ffs I'm a guy | Kaffee und Kuchen | SD.net Chroniclers | Knight of the Garter Image

[+] Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia
[+] Wombat, my blog
Contact @ mokuias {at} gmail {dot} com
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

moku wrote:You could overcome your laziness and earn to do it yourself or, if you have gotten tired of your old 'paper, google. There is a multitude of stuff out there anyway.
*shrug*
And you could stop being a spamming fucktard and not do a +1 post by going "Why are you doing this again?" :evil:
Last edited by Ghost Rider on 2004-12-18 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Jordie
Padawan Learner

Post by Jordie »

I found the original for this on 4chan, so you've probably seen it before.

Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

:P

And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Thank you 3I! Desktopped! :D
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

3rd Impact wrote::P
Hahahha...um...riiiight...

What's the writing in red say? And what's the deal with the dog in the bunny ears? And do I even really want to know? :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Zaia wrote:
3rd Impact wrote::P
Hahahha...um...riiiight...

What's the writing in red say? And what's the deal with the dog in the bunny ears? And do I even really want to know? :D
I think the red is a signature...the bunny eared thing...might be....urrrrrmmmmmm some sexual beastie.

All in all true, Chardock nonsense and insanity :D
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

I find I do my best work when holding my breath and poking myself in the eye repeatedly.

To Zaia: The red is indeed the signature; i'm not really sure about the dog-bunny.
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

just for you chardok...
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Ooh! Both so good! I must comprimise! 3I on desktop at work. DD for desktop at home! woot! Thank you guys! This is a wondeful SD.Net experience!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Glad you enjoy it.