Five minutes of your life left and...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

What will you do in case a nuclear attack is coming down on you and you're taking a crap?

Poll ended at 2002-12-10 03:56am

i will continue enjoying my last crap
76%
i will defenetly cut it and leave the house
24%

Total votes: 25

Pavel
Youngling

Five minutes of your life left and...

Post by Pavel »

I had this thought the other day that goes like, what we do if we were enjoying the middle process of taking a long crap in the toilet and sundenly the TV announces a breaking news that sez: we've just confimed ladies & gentlemen that more than 30 long range nuclear ballistic missiles with multiple reentry war heads are on their way to hit us in less than five minutes, sorry folks but we are cuting transmition in 3 seconds
.... and 3, 2, 1, fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Will you continue relaxing & taking your last crap?
Will you cut the process and leave the house?
Or other? please explain
Last edited by Pavel on 2002-11-10 04:00am, edited 2 times in total.
Naturaly, we are heading to self or natural destruction inside the scale of cosmos space & time journey, so we do our best to discover as much as possible of space-matter and conquer it.
Different human cultures from earth will engage and settle in space and then fight and divide and become allies and enemies and spread far in different parts of this galaxy.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Fuck it, I'd get the fuck out of the house and screw the hottest guy I could find!
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Topic fixed and I'll laugh as I'm no where near any military Targets(Unless you count the local Recruting Station)

Hell I'm so far out they don't even FARM here

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Mr Bean wrote:Topic fixed and I'll laugh as I'm no where near any military Targets(Unless you count the local Recruting Station)

Hell I'm so far out they don't even FARM here
Where are you?

Besides, I don't think the point was for your area to be a target.....besides, nulear warheads have a high range as far as explosion...So, then, what would you do?
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Not much of an attack. Life won't continue as we know it, but chance are I'll still have power and water. My apartment building just barely would have LOS to Philadelphia, however my orientation puts about six feet of steel and concrete between me and the blast with lots of solid walls. The range, variances in the terrain and the very heavy tree cover will result in minimal damage to my town, some blindness at worse for a small minority of the population.

However I have a parent in Philadelphia. I'm going to call them to say goodbye before telling them to get into their buildings basement at once. Depending on the size of the blast they may very well survive. It's heavily built and the basement has no windows. However they may very well die if its a multi megaton city buster aimed at the city center. A more likely high kiloton weapon going for the oil refinerys will not kill them, though I'd still call, tell them to take cover and then suggest a way to get home.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I`d continue my poop, fallout's gonna get me anyhoo :cry:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I'd just go to the nearest bunker, which is about 3 mins from my house if you run. I'll have to remember to take some tools with me since the Door is always locked.
Supermod
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I'd go up on the roof and throw rocks at them.
「かかっ―」
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

*Edit Pavel there is no HTML OR UBB code allow in thread topic posts thats why it did not work before and when you re-edited it, why its STILL did not work

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I'd go up on the roof and shoot down the nukes.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Disbelieve and then smack the DM... :P

Seriously, I would stay where I was and finish. Might as well enjoy that last loaf pinch...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Finish it.

Within 30 miles of my house or so: international airport, seaport (they make the largest non-metal-hulled ships in the US), MacDill AFB (which has SOCOM and CENTCOM), a former DoE plant that made nuke triggers...
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

phongn wrote:Finish it.

Within 30 miles of my house or so: international airport, seaport (they make the largest non-metal-hulled ships in the US), MacDill AFB (which has SOCOM and CENTCOM), a former DoE plant that made nuke triggers...
Bah, I live 30 miles from the Pentagon and Washington DC......

I'm dead no matter what, but I'll go downstairs and pinch it off in the
downstairs bathroom..
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Disbelieve and then smack the DM...
I will smite you for that...

I would go outside and watch the nukes hit. I have always said that if I had the choice of a way to die, it would either be in my sleep, or watching the most beutiful thing possible (nuclear explosion)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Or other? please explain
Get into my basement and hope to god some hot chick survive. Any nuke that's going to hit, is going to be at a range where it isn't likely to kill me.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Considerin I live a 100 or so miles from New Orleans, the only logical target, I'd probably finish taking the shit, put on some sun glasses and watch a poof from New Orleans. The nearest bunker is 10 minutes awayif I go, very fast.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I've got some last words to say to some people. More important than taking a crap.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I'm just gonna enjoy it, I'm about 30-40 mi north of DC and about 5 mi east of NSA and Fort Meade so I'm pretty much dead so I might as well enjoy it since it'll be my last.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Admiral Drason
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Drason »

I live in minnesota hahahahah. no one would wast a nuke on this state hahahahhaha. :D
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn
So Say We All
Night Stalkers Don't Quit
HAB member
RIP Pegasus. You died like you lived, killing toasters
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Well, I have a storm shelter in my back yard but that wouldn't save my ass from a nuke. Especially since I am about two miles down the road from the Redstone Arsenal. Not to mention Marshall Space Flight Center. Considering I'd either be reading the new Star Wars book or a new Magazine, I'd prolly just finish shitting. I mean come on. I ain't the only one who can relax while taking a fucking shit. The only thing that would get me off the john would be if there was a hot ass chick just seconds away from me. That's highly unlikely to be the case. So, here's one for the road.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Let's see..

I am in a prime location for nuking(Charleston WV), and even a conventional bomb in the right place will release so much in the way of lethal chemicals, everything downwind of this place will be stripped bare of all life.

I think I'm staying on the can. Better to have the satisfaction of finishing, then to run down the street and then get vaporized.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Who really want to die on the can? I mean that's one of the lamest death ever.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

CmdrWilkens wrote:I'm just gonna enjoy it, I'm about 30-40 mi north of DC and about 5 mi east of NSA and Fort Meade so I'm pretty much dead so I might as well enjoy it since it'll be my last.
Your pretty much totally safe from a DC blast and with so few inbounds the NSA will be a low priority target. It likely wont be hit.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I'd mutter, wonder who the hell left a movie in the VCR, and go turn off the TV once I'm done, then resume my everyday activities. If there are nukes heading towards us, I'll be flash-fried a few microseconds after the detonation anyway, so it hardly matters. It's a choice between a quick death and a slow, painful one.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

If it's certain I'll die, sex definitely sex.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@