Five minutes of your life left and...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

What will you do in case a nuclear attack is coming down on you and you're taking a crap?

Poll ended at 2002-12-10 03:56am

i will continue enjoying my last crap
76%
i will defenetly cut it and leave the house
24%

Total votes: 25

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Yup. I've got a hlaaway of girls downstairs who no doubt would be looking for one last screw.
JADAFETWA
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

I'd run to the centre of the explosion, with hopes of getting exposed to enough gamma rays to be transformed into a powerful mutant.

Alternatively, I would:

Hug my mother and father. I love you, goodbye.
Hug my girlfriend: see, I told you we should have had sex. Now it's too late.

If it was happening only on America:

I'd glue myself to the TV screen, unbelieving, in shock, anger, fear and desire of revenge (similar to what happened in the Sept/11, multiplied by a tenfold) and then quickly migrate to my grandparents house in the interior. Just to play it safe. Lisbon is a minor target, but I'm sure our name is in a warhead, somewhere.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Let me elaborate.

I'll throw on a black cape and sunglasses, take four minutes to drive to where the nuke is going to hit, and then, calmly, whip out a pistol and proceed to drill the nuke right between it's 'eyes', knock out it's detonation system, and watch it crash at my feet.

Of course, while this is going on, other planes are raining conventional destruction down on the city, so I hijack one of the destroyers docked in the bay, hitch a ride on a navy jet, fly out of the smoke and fire of the city, then proceed to kick ass at 15,000 feet to the tune of Blur's 'Woo-hoo!'
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Oh, yes, and while it's technically a 15 minute drive, there are indeed destroyers docked in the bay.
The End of Suburbia
-Robert Moses

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

My hidden psychic powers would unleash themselves and I would disassemble the atoms of the nukes before they can hit!

BWAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:mrgreen:
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

I live <15 miles from DC. Since life will pretty much suck after the blast I'll just go outside and get killed. Need to remember to take prozac consistently :?

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Cyril wrote:Oh, yes, and while it's technically a 15 minute drive, there are indeed destroyers docked in the bay.
All of which are in Charles F Adams class ships in category B reserve and dating to the 60's, there stripped of much of there electronics and lacking fuel and ammunition. The only surface warfare ships in the Philadelphia naval base which even approach being operational are the short hulled FFG7's and you'd still need a couple months to get them ready.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Sea Skimmer wrote:All of which are in Charles F Adams class ships in category B reserve and dating to the 60's, there stripped of much of there electronics and lacking fuel and ammunition. The only surface warfare ships in the Philadelphia naval base which even approach being operational are the short hulled FFG7's and you'd still need a couple months to get them ready.
So? This is my fictional universe. There is an antiquated jet on one of the I can commandeer and use to KICK ASS AT 15,000 FEET!

PH33R MY L33T JE| $]\|LLZ!

WOO-HOO!
The End of Suburbia
-Robert Moses

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I'm right outside of San Francisco, so I'll probably be caught in the blast radius. So I'll go outside to my backyard, which faces away from San Francisco, and finish my crap there. This is a weird topic choice, man.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

I live right by O'Hare airport. Literally next door. I would get in my car, go to gun world (near my house) lock, load, and kill everybody who even looked at me the wrong way.
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Pu-239 wrote:I live <15 miles from DC. Since life will pretty much suck after the blast I'll just go outside and get killed. Need to remember to take prozac consistently :?
Damn, First me, then CmdrWilkens, now you....we need to start a Washington, DC SD.NET group here...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I live in DC...and dammit...I would not care because my death would be over in blinding flash...which would somehow be delihtfully appropriate and much better than my true death of being killed by a rabid squirrel.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Killed by a rabid squirrel. That must have sucked.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Ghost Rider wrote:I live in DC...and dammit...I would not care because my death would be over in blinding flash...which would somehow be delihtfully appropriate and much better than my true death of being killed by a rabid squirrel.
[Nelson]
Haha
[/Nelson]
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

You're telling me. :)
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Sparkticus
Youngling

Post by Sparkticus »

I live in Brisbane, Australia, and I doubt that anybody would waste a nuke on this place. So I'd finish my dump, go to the TV and tune into CNN just in time to watch the picture disolve into static. Of course, then we'll get hit with that whole "On The Beach" scenario. Stupid slow death from radiation. Shit...
"That's just a vicious rumor started by my socks. It's their revenge for me using them to floss my asscrack." ---Chuck
Stalker in the Shadows - "I like to watch..."
Cult of the Kitten::[Mew] I AM evil, really...
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Are we asuming that no matter where we are in the world, that nukes are going to hit within range to kill us?
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

Keep on crappin, I'll worry about fallout after I'm done...
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I wouldn't have enough time to run away, so I'd just enjoy my last crap. Hoever, if I had a shelter, I'd take the toilet papter and finish crapping down there. If it wasn't fully stocked, I'd carry all the stuff out of the pantry possible, and go in.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Let's see.

Air Force Base -- check

Various Missile Silos, decomissioned maybe not -- check

Plant where a butt-load of Tomahawks are manufactured -- check

Local AOL offices -- check :wink:

I'm definately toast so I'll probably be seeing the sights while still hopeing for superpowers to develope, or maybe even mutation into a giant freakin' dinosaur with a fin on it's back. :D

As for the crap question, I don't think it would take that long to finish upon finding out that nukes are on the way. In fact I think it would be the quickest crap ever, possible involving brief airborn status as the force of the expelled crap lifts me off of the toilet seat. :D
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Dude, I live in Poland. There's no freakin' way anybody's wasting even a single low-yield tactical nuke on Poland. I mean...come on...it's Poland for kate's sake :P

Needless to say, I'd finish my crap and then start looking for an army that'll be planning to get their hands on whoever launched those nukes, and volunteer. I guess they'd need some cannon fodder after the Big One.
Pavel
Youngling

Post by Pavel »

Oh dude you're from poland, i guess poland had it's piece of war with the germans in ww2, no body will wanna shoot a wounded war-hero, unless you keep those yankee's and redies(russians) with their missiles and sub stations out of you're backyard,
cheers Poland.
PeZook wrote:Dude, I live in Poland. There's no freakin' way anybody's wasting even a single low-yield tactical nuke on Poland. I mean...come on...it's Poland for kate's sake :P

Needless to say, I'd finish my crap and then start looking for an army that'll be planning to get their hands on whoever launched those nukes, and volunteer. I guess they'd need some cannon fodder after the Big One.
Naturaly, we are heading to self or natural destruction inside the scale of cosmos space & time journey, so we do our best to discover as much as possible of space-matter and conquer it.
Different human cultures from earth will engage and settle in space and then fight and divide and become allies and enemies and spread far in different parts of this galaxy.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I'm in Hobart, Tasmania.

Unless there is an American carrier in town (we get 2 or 3 a year) then there is really nothing that anyone could be bothered nuking down here.

Oh, except for our CSIRO which accidently engineered a REALLY powerful chemical weapon. Ooops. Apparently they were attempting to make a herbicide.

Anyhow, I finish the crap. Then watch TV and go: "Finally." I then loot the bottleshop across the road from my house. Then the barracks and armoury a block away. And have an "End of the World" party.