My Final

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

My Final

Post by Lt. Dan »

Well, take a look and tell me what you think. This is the final I did for my art 106.(drawing 1)

d(-_-)b
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Better than I could do. Keep in mind that that's coming from a guy who managed to fail 8th grade art, though, so take it for what it's worth. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Rogue (note the correct spelling) may damn you with faint praise, but I like it.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

'tis good. Very good.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

I really like it. Do you have a name for it? What did you intend to convey when drawing it?
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

Looks good, i think it needs more contrast and less ambigious fold beginnings though. Otherwise, thumbs up :D
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Awesome work. You spent way longer then I would have.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

It's lovely.

Real point of my post:
Rogue, how in the name of little puppies did you fail art? I mean, really, how?
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

What is it?
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:What is it?
Are you blind? It's a man in a cape...
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

It has a very depressing and post-apocalyptic feel to it.

I'd give it top marks, very good.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

:mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

It's done in pencil, so it was kinda hard to get the really dark contrast. That and the fact that I did it the night before. :D
d(-_-)b
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Awesome job Dan....I approve 8)
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

It's kinda lacking in detail. It's good as a shading excercise, but its lack of hard, strong lines makes the soft shading look less dynamic.

Aside from that, it's a nice piece. The figure takes up a good amount of area, with the "overcast" sky helping with a lot of the mood. I also like the barest hint of the figure's head, obscured by the collar of the cape and the direction he's turned... it makes him (her? It?) a part of the scene rather than a subject in the scene, if you understand the difference.
The Great and Malignant
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

*Spends 15 minutes staring and analysing the drawing*
It looks good, real good. I'm backing up The Wookie, it gives the impression he's standing in a desert/deserted-area, with a cloudy sky and the sun getting a "window of opportunity", and yet with a depressing aura.
Just a minor point: isn't his head a bit too-far from the collar of the cape? Which would mean he doesn't have his cape's collar tied around his neck/strapped-to-his-shoulders, thus making the cape "flow" more than that away from him?! Just a little detail that I've noticed, s'all...
Overall, it is quite nice. Whenever someone asks around for a paint/drawing that gives the "dejected" feel to a viewer, I'll know to whom point! :wink:
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Dead_Ghost wrote:*Spends 15 minutes staring and analysing the drawing*
It looks good, real good. I'm backing up The Wookie, it gives the impression he's standing in a desert/deserted-area, with a cloudy sky and the sun getting a "window of opportunity", and yet with a depressing aura.
Just a minor point: isn't his head a bit too-far from the collar of the cape? Which would mean he doesn't have his cape's collar tied around his neck/strapped-to-his-shoulders, thus making the cape "flow" more than that away from him?! Just a little detail that I've noticed, s'all...
Overall, it is quite nice. Whenever someone asks around for a paint/drawing that gives the "dejected" feel to a viewer, I'll know to whom point! :wink:
Wow, 15 minutes? Damn... Glad you liked it. As for the head, I wanted him to look like his head was lowered, kinda hunched shoulders.
d(-_-)b
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

As for the head, I wanted him to look like his head was lowered, kinda hunched shoulders
I see. My misinterpretation then :oops: . Well, seeing it under a new light :wink: , I can tell why I never thought of that: there isn't much to tell us such, mostly because we can't see his shoulders nor any other part of his body to get a more in-depth view of the character...
Of course, another probability for not seeing it the first time would be related with my IQ, but that's offtopic! (I hope :mrgreen: )
Another curiousity I got when I first saw the drawing, but didn't ask about it: On the left side of his flowing cape, we can see two... I don't know what to call it :? , but... two different "things" :oops: , which reminds me of buttonholes... Are they?
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"