Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Stravo wrote:Is it justified to let Thrawn have command of Noghri in the ROTJ era, in particular with Vader on board or would that be wrong? If it would be problematic with Vader on baord but the time frame is OK, I assume the Emperor has ultimate authority to assign Noghri to people or are they literrally Vader's private army?
It is justified, IMO, as Vader left them under Thrawn's command. By the time of RotJ this must already have happened. They would however, IMO, obey Vader if they got the chance. And probably stab Thrawn if he asked them to act directly against Vader.

Darkside adepts - did they exist during the ROTJ era or were they a phenomenon of Dark Empire onward?
Some. Jerec for one. He was supposedly given an Imperial Battlecruiser, and sent out to the rim to hunt down remaining jedi, and more importantly, locate Jedi and Sith artifacts from previous ages. He's not actually a "dark side adept" as much as a relatively unknown Jedi Palpatine turned to the dark side, IIRC.

What precisely was Leia's rank in the Rebellion?
Pin up. :wink:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Carnor Jax, the leader for the Honor Guard who served as loyal body guard to Palpatine was a Dark Jedi (Not a Sith) from what I have read about him. He killed Palpatine, by ordering one of the clone engineers to mix with Palpatines clones so that he would not rise up from the dead.
Jax wanted the Empire and the title "Dark Lord" for himself.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Let's start it off right with a new chapter. I wrote this puppy in a day, fust flew out of me on the keyboard. Chapters like these are soooo fun to write.

Chapter 80: Wicked Games

“This is most unfortunate wouldn’t you say Doctor?” Jerjerrod said softly. He finished buttoning up his uniform and neatly smoothed out the wrinkles along his epilates. His eyes were hooded as he pretended to focus on his rank insignia all the while watching the doctor look over the results of his medical scans.

The doctor nodded absently.

“Most unfortunate indeed. Tell me, these headaches of yours, when did they begin?”

“Shortly after we transited to this backwater. I always chalked it up to stress. I was just promoted to Grand Admiral Thrawn’s adjunct and the workload had all but tripled. I can tell you overseeing the construction of the Death star was a picnic compared to one day under the Grand Admiral’s command.” Jerjerrod explained as he stretched out his arms.

“You are preaching to the choir commander, as one of his personal physicians it’s no cake walk as these Terrans are fond of saying.” The doctor’s eyes narrowed slightly as he saw a blemish on one of the cranial scans. He increased the resolution on the display.

“Well Captain I may have found the source of these headaches and it certainly does not look like stress.”

“Hmmm?” Jerjerrod replied as he slowly rose from his seat.

The Doctor stopped short as he finished adjusting the spectrum analysis on the image and suddenly the image came into sharp clear focus.

“By the Emperor!” the Doctor gasped.

“What is it Doctor?” Jerjerrod asked calmly as he approached.

The doctor looked up sharply.

“Stay right where you are Commander.”

Jerjerrod obediently halted.

The doctor fumbled for the comlink.

“Guard. I need you.”

The doors to the small isolab snapped open and a stormtrooper strode in, weapon at the ready. Jerjerrod looked from the stormtrooper to the doctor.

“What is the meaning of this doctor?” Jerjerrod asked curiously.

“You know damn well what this is about Commander. The Grand Admiral suspected that there was something wrong with you thus why he ordered the compulsory examination to be personally conducted by myself.” The doctor replied hotly.

“Ah.” Jerjerrod said suddenly enlightened. “But you underestimate me, Doctor.”

“I don’t think so Commander. The next call I make will bring the Grand Admiral and his personal guard down here to interrogate you.” The doctor smiled coldly. “And I happen to be one of his personal interrogators.”

Jerjerrod shook his head sadly.

“But that guard you just called in here is not one your personal retinue is he?”

It took a moment for the implications of Jerjerrod’s words to sink in and register on the Doctor’s face. He turned suddenly but the stormtrooper’s blaster rifle nestled in roughly between the Doctor’s ribs.

“Don’t move!” The trooper ordered.

“Not a muscle Doctor. My friend here is rather trigger happy.”

“What the hell do you think you’re going to accomplish here Jerjerrod?”

“I have no idea what I’m going to accomplish but we have our orders Doctor.”

The doctor stood grimly, hands up at shoulder level while Jerjerrod sent a signal via comlink. He nodded in acknowledgement and motioned for the Doctor to follow him. Before leaving he paused at the Doctor’s station in typed in several commands, deleting the incriminating images but not before Jerjerrod stopped at the last one.

The worm was wrapped serenely around his cerebral cortex, the sick pinkish flesh pulsating softly in time with his own heartbeat. He stared at the obscenity with an odd sense of detached disgust. Somewhere deep inside Jerjerrod the man he used to be screamed in abject horror at his fate. One thing was to know objectively what was inside of him because of what he had been told. Another was to actually see the obscenity growing inside of him, knowing that every moment it grew crowded more of the man he used to be out of his head.

“It looks big Jerjerrod. You won’t have much more time left. If it grows any larger it is going to kill you. I can help get it out of you.”

“Shut up.” The Stormtrooper snapped and accentuated his point by jabbing his weapon into the Doctor’s ribs.

Jerjerrod shook his head as he deleted the final image.

“There is no help for me Doctor. Just as there won’t be any left for you either. Let’s go. We wouldn’t want the Grand Admiral checking in on you at an inopportune moment.” Jerjerrod explained as he led them out of the lab.

The doctor noted with a sense of despair that the corridor was cleared between his lab and the room Jerjerrod was leading him to. The commander and his stormtrooper lackey had been quite thorough. Obviously the Grand Admiral was unaware of the depths of the treason that nestled in the heart of the man he considered his right hand.

“That creature, it looks as if it is interfering with your higher brain functions, Jerjerrod. It could make you susceptible to suggestion or orders not unlike our burly friends here.” The doctor stammered.

“If you don’t remain silent you’ll know what point blank blaster trauma feels like.” The Stormtrooper snapped menacingly.

The doctor watched as two more stormtroopers quietly fell into step with them and Jerjerrod opened the door to the empty lab.

“You’re making a big mistake Jerjerrod. The Grand Admiral believes that you are not acting of your own volition. He wants to help you.”

“If the Grand Admiral believed for a moment that I was indeed a traitor he would have had me killed a long time ago. He may know how his enemies think but I am beginning to know how he thinks.” Jerjerrod replied frostily and helped shove the doctor into the empty lab. The stormtroopers quickly filed in afterwards and shut the door.

Jerjerrod turned to the new pair of stormtroopers and bowed.

“It went as expected master.”

The taller of the two swept off his helmet, a cascade of black hair falling down to his shoulders as he inspected the doctor with a predatory gaze.

“I know you.” The doctor gasped.

“Indeed. Then so much the better that I do not need to make introductions, Doctor.” Khan smiled.

“What does this intruder have to do…my god…the parasites.” The doctor exclaimed turning quickly to look from Jerjerrod to Khan.

“You are quick Doctor. I am pleased to see that the Grand Admiral is such an excellent judge of character. He must trust you Doctor.”

“I don’t know how you managed to infest Jerjerrod here but there’s no way you are getting any more onboard here you mad man.”

Khan smiled coldly. He nodded to the Stormtrooper that had led them in here. The trooper took off his helmet. Khan slowly walked around to the trooper as he watched the doctor intently.

“Smuggling the parasites on board isn’t a problem Doctor despite your thorough biofilters and hangar scanners. It’s difficult to conceive of a walking infestation.”

“What?”

“Now Doctor allow me to introduce you to Ceti Alpha Five’s only remaining indigenous life form.” Khan extended a hand and the stormtrooper reached to his ear and slowly pulled out a wriggling worm. The Doctor’s eyes widened in horror. “What do you think?” Khan asked as he held up the worm to the light.

“They’ve killed twenty of my people, including my beloved wife.” Khan explained, the pain coloring his voice at the end.

The other stormtrooper removed his helmet and the Doctor recognized the other superman that was always seen in the company of Khan. How in the name of the Emperor did he have such access to stormtrooper armor?

Joachim stepped in behind the doctor and placed restraining hands against his shoulders.

“Oh, not all at once, and not instantly to be sure.” Khan explained as he walked towards the doctor, holding the worm out before him.

“You see their young enter through the ears and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering victim extremely susceptible to suggestion.” Khan loomed over the doctor. “Later as they grow follows madness – and death.”

“How did you do it?” The Doctor stammered.

“The eels my good doctor are borne by the female. A particular mutation in a subspecies I discovered recently allows for a female to grow inside of a host body and send her young out, acting as a form of walking incubator she remains protected inside the host but still produces the young.”

The doctor tried to edge away but Joachim held him firmly, his superior muscular structure easily handling the doctor’s struggles.

“Evolution, Doctor. I am a student and a fan. How could I not be after all as I am a product of genetic engineering, seeking to perfect what nature began. Now it serves me once again by allowing me to infest a single soldier, one of your faceless minions that no one notices yet his omnipresence is a great boon to me. His status gives me eyes and ears everywhere as well as the side benefits of the occasional masquerade.” Khan indicated his storm trooper armor with a sweep of his free arm.

“You mean to move against the Grand Admiral.” The doctor concluded grimly.

“You are a smart one Doctor. You will be a great asset.”

“I’ll never serve a megalomaniac like you so go ahead and kill me.”

Khan chuckled and the sound of it froze the doctor’s blood.

“Kill you? Now why would I do something like that Doctor? I was a price with power over millions why would I sully my own hands with your insignificant blood. No this is about control.”

The doctor’s eyes flashed over to the wriggling worm in Khan’s hand.

“Oh no…” he breathed.

Khan nodded to Joachim who grunted and forced the Doctor down to his knees. The doctor began to struggle wildly. Khan shook his head sadly.

“Please doctor, he has five times your strength. Do not make a scene, be a man for once in your life and face the consequences that like all pawns in the wicked game you are quite expendable.” Khan explained in an almost soothing coo.

Joachim gripped the doctor’s chin with one hand and turned his head effortlessly to expose his left ear to Khan.

“This will all be over soon.”

Jerjerrod watched the process with empty eyes. Somewhere in the haze of his consciousness he wanted to scream, reach out and grab the blaster on Khan’s hip and blast the scum into a smoking pile. He wanted to wrap his hands around the superman’s throat and watch the life flow out of his eyes as his own will flowed from his.

He wanted desperate hungry revenge.

But he just stood there like an obedient dog and watched as the Doctor’s struggles and screams suddenly stopped and Khan took a step back to inspect his handiwork. The doctor remained kneeling but there was a vacant expression on his face.

“Tell me, Doctor, what is your name?”

“Doctor Thaddeus Bollis.”

Khan nodded.

“Very well, doctor Bollis, you will listen very closely…it is time that you begin making some discrete medical examinations. One or two of the Grand Admiral’s personal entourage will do. I wouldn’t want to arouse any suspicion.”

“And then what will we do master?” Bollis asked languidly as if lost in a dream.

Khan only smiled.

The hangar bay was a flurry of activity as TIE fighters rumbled overhead racked in robotic cranes that ran along rails. Munitions were loaded and unloaded by mechanics as they worked to make sure all the Bombers were fully stocked and the re-supply ships that kept them in the battle were also made ready. The occasional pilot could be seen inspecting his craft but many more were in their ready rooms going over the final plans of attack. The whispers among many were that this battle would finally end the conflict with the Federation remnant.

The hangar bay of a Super Star Destroyer easily dwarfed any other in the Imperial fleet. Sprawled over several levels and wove between the superstructure of the mighty warship. There were many places to hide and get lost if one were determined enough.

Grand Admiral Thrawn walked with Admiral Piett through one of the secret alcoves of the Executor’s gargantuan hangar bay.

“As I was saying Grand Admiral if I had been told about this secret mission.”

“Then it wouldn’t be very secret now would it?” Thrawn replied quietly as he stepped onto a catwalk and spied the shuttle tucked away inside one of the loading areas.

“They had all the correct pass codes and clearances but the shuttle is not standard Imperial issue and with all the tricks Kirk and his Federation have been infamous for I was not about to just let them have unrestricted access.”

Thrawn paused and looked back at Piett.

“If you are concerned that I am angry or upset with you Admiral, don’t be. You did the right thing. If you had not followed standard security protocols simply because they had access to our codes and clearances then I would have been upset.”

Piett nodded and fought the urge to sigh in relief.

Thrawn began to raise a comlink to his lips when a shadow melted away from the others on the gantry and bowed.

“There is no need to communicate. We have been waiting patiently.” The shadow spoke in a low throaty whisper.

Thrawn turned slowly and nodded.

“Good work.”

Piett stopped fumbling for his blaster.

“You know it?”

“It is an associate of mine. His mission just might help turn the tide of this war and eliminate our most troublesome enemy.”

“Kirk?”

Thrawn frowned.

“Kirk is an insect. How he has garnered such a reputation particularly after his utter defeat at Romulus is vexing.” Thrawn snapped.

“He has fought the Imperium to a standstill Grand Admiral. You may not see it or want to see it but the man is a hero to these people.”

Thrawn watched Piett closely for a long moment, crimson eyes drilling into Piett’s. The shadow remained still next to the Grand Admiral.

“Admiral Piett, you are correct. Sometimes I get ahead of myself when I have made up my mind about a situation. In my mind Kirk’s defeat is an inevitability and his tactical prowess child’s play to me, but I have overlooked some of the more obvious advantages he still holds. Keep speaking your mind Admiral and you may find a very bright future in my command.”

Piett nodded.

“Thank you sir.”

“Now, you have acquired what I sought?” Thrawn suddenly turned his attention to the shadow.

“Indeed we have. It was not difficult to find but the owner was unwilling to part with it even when we offered your rather overly generous reward.”

“Indeed? I am told he can be rather difficult that way.” Thrawn replied and motioned for the shadow to lead the way up to the shuttle. Piett followed, intrigued by the newcomer and Thrawn’s secret plans. Here on the eve of their greatest battle to destroy Andor, the one last remaining world supplying the Federation remnant a shuttle appears, knows precisely where the fleet that Thrawn took great pains to hide so close to the enemy system and has a cargo that brings Thrawn from his private study at a moment’s notice.

“The enemy you spoke of sir?” Piett asked as they approached the shuttle. The lambda’s rear section was open, the hatchway revealing several more shadowy figures moving in the bowels of the ship getting something ready to be brought down from the hold.

“Nemesis. He is the only one that can truly stand between us and complete and total domination of this galaxy.”

“We have Lord Vader to counter Nemesis. I have served under him long enough to know there’s nothing that he cannot deal with.” Piett noted.

Thrawn said nothing but watched the object being pulled up into a prone position. Repulsors hummed weakly as the object floated a meter off the ground and the shadowy objects slowly pushed it down the walkway towards Thrawn.

“This mission was done for Lord Vader’s benefit.” The small figure protested vehemently.

“Of course it was Rukh. The Admiral is as fiercely loyal to Lord Vader as you are.”

The small figure nodded curtly.

“Since he did not accept my overly generous reward I assume you simply took it then?” Thrawn shifted gears.

Rukh nodded and Piett could see teeth flash in the darkness its face in what he assumed was a smile.

“He was even less happy when we decided to simply take it.”

“I’m surprised he survived.”

“I did not say he did survive Grand Admiral.”

“Ah…fine work then.”

Piett’s eyes narrowed on the object as it completed its descent to the gantry. The small figures moved away from the object as the last tow tipped it back into a standing position. The slab of metal landed on the grating with a loud clang and came to rest.

“What is that?” Piett asked confused. “Is that a man?”

Thrawn slowly approached the slab of whitish metal. He ran his hand along the surface.

“Carbonite.” Thrawn said softly and inspected the face and hands that broke the cold surface of the metal. It looked as if a human was trying to struggle through the Carbonite and escape.

“His status?”

“He is in perfect hibernation. The Hutt was most definite as to his identity before we left his bloated carcass to the carrion eaters.” Thrawn started to open his mouth but Rukh continued speaking. “DNA scans confirm.”

Thrawn smiled softly. The Noghri was fastidious. They were very quickly becoming invaluable to him. Stealing them away from Vader would take some masterful manipulation on his part. He was not quite ready for that move but every mission they accomplished made it more obvious to him that he would need them on his side.

Piett watched the small figures more closely. They were in the light now and he was amazed. As an admiral in the Empire he was accustomed to seeing a wide variety of aliens but this species was unknown to him. Small and childlike but feral they moved with a deadly grace and their feline features displayed a dangerous predatory quality on their faces and in their eyes.

“You have done excellent work Rukh.”

“For Lord Vader we would undertake any mission and endure any hardship.

“And he appreciates your efforts Rukh. As soon as he returns I will make sure he is aware of your success.”

“Excuse me sir, but who is this person? Why is he important to our plans concerning Lord Nemesis.”

“Two excellent questions that I can answer with one sentence.” Thrawn replied as he pulled his hand away from the Carbonite. “This is Han Solo.”

Piett slowly looked from Thrawn to the block of Carbonite comprehension dawning in his eyes.

“And the other control I need.”

“The other team is in position and will take him as soon as possible. They will communicate with me as soon as they have him.”

“Excellent.”

Piett’s comlink beeped.

“Piett here.”

“Admiral you wanted to know as soon as the Devastator returned.”

Piett looked over to Thrawn as he replied “Yes, Thank you.”

“Rukh, place this in the room I have prepared and we will meet later. Make sure no one sees you. There’s no way of knowing how many people may be eyes and ears for Nemesis.”

“Of course Grand Admiral.” Rukh inclined his head respectfully and moved over to the Carbonite block. Thrawn turned and walked away, Piett followed him sparing one last glance back to see the Carbonite block lifted and carried away by the Noghri.

Luke opened and closed his hand. He nodded approvingly.

“Excellent work.”

“Thank you, my lord.” The cyberneticist replied with a deep bow and backed away respectfully.

“Captain.”

Tarsi stepped forward and bowed his head.

“My lord.”

“The men? How are they?”

“In the infirmary, several were very badly injured and required complete bacta immersion.”

“And the Jem’Hedar?”

Tarsi shifted uncomfortably on his feet. The sight of a lander full of those animals set him on edge. He thought that perhaps one his landers had been compromised and if not for Lord Nemesis’ quick communication he would have had it blasted from his hangar. “They refuse medical treatment and are demanding to see you.”

Luke nodded.

“I suspected as much. They are going to have to wait but they are to be treated respectfully.”

“As you wish my lord.”

Luke eyed the young blonde Captain for a long moment.

“Captain Tarsi, you and I have butted heads on more than one occasion. In fact I’m fairly certain I threatened to have you killed at least once.”

Tarsi’s jaw clenched but he said nothing.

“That is why I feel that I have to thank you for coming to my rescue.”

Tarsi blinked.

“My lord?”

Luke smiled coolly. He handed Tarsi a datapad. Tarsi hesitantly took it. Luke tested his hand again. Perfect. He had felt it slightly off since his extraction from Darkstar’s palace. Now it was like new.

The easy part was over. Now he would have to return to the Imperium he forged through anger and fear and try to rule it as Luke Skywalker. As if that were not hard enough he also had to prepare for war now. His extraction had brought the Adjudicator and the Devastator into open hostilities. As soon as Thrawn knew there would be no other option but war.

Unfortunately Thrawn had all the advantages. Luke was protecting a large swath of space with a handful of ships. Thrawn could strike in force anywhere along his exposed flanks and deliver crushing blows before Luke could react.

Luke also did not harbor any illusions concerning his tactical and strategic skills against the Grand Admiral’s.

Tarsi looked up from the datapad sharply.

“My lord I don’t…this is…”

“You can thank me later Admiral Tarsi. The fleet will need your skill soon enough. The emperor thinks Grand Admiral Thrawn can outfight and outthink us. I say I have the triumvirate and Kittaine. It is Thrawn who should be worried.”

Tarsi smiled wolfishly.

“I dare say I look forward to it my lord.”

“And another thing Tarsi. We will need to call a meeting of all the fleet commanders and senior officers. Then I will want to call an assembly of the Romulan senate. They will need to be addressed about certain matters.”

“The war you mean.”

“That and a change in leadership that everyone should be made aware of.”

Tarsi frowned.

“I’m confused my lord.”

Luke very briefly considered telling Tarsi about the change but felt that it was not the right time.

“All will be made clear in time Admiral. I assume you will want the Adjudicator as your flagship?”

“Is there any doubt my lord?”

“Excellent. Now prepare a holonet transmission to Grand Admiral Kittaine he should be made immediately aware of my return and the war.”

“At once my lord.” Tarsi bowed and began to leave when he paused at the door. “Lord Nemesis?”

Luke looked up at the young Admiral.

“We sorely needed you my lord. It’s good to have you back.”

“Thank you Admiral.”

Tarsi walked out and as he did so he was nearly bowled over by a doctor.

“Do you mind?!” Tarsi snapped.

“My apologies Captain! I just needed to see Lord Nemesis immediately.” The doctor apologetically stammered.

“Well don’t keep him waiting damnit.” Tarsi growled.

Luke curiously inspected the doctor as he walked in. He was obviously agitated but he sensed no ill intentions at all. Quite the opposite actually, he was dying to inform him of something.

“Doctor. Please.” Luke indicated the empty seat near his table.

“Thank you my lord. I’m sorry to barge in on you like this.”

Luke waved him to continue.

“I completed the medical exams on all the people extracted from the palace as you ordered and I have Mara Jade’s medical report here.” The doctor handed the datapad to Luke.

Luke accepted it and casually scrolled down the report.

“Are you going to tell me or let me find it on my own?” Luke asked as he scrolled.

“The dark lady is with child my lord.”

Luke froze.

“Normally that would not be worthy of bothering you eminence but when the DNA scans were confirmed I felt you needed to know immediately.”

Luke looked up from the pad completely shocked.

“You are going to have a son.”

Luke wanted to speak, say something, anything. How could he have not seen it? How could his vision have failed him so utterly and completely.

“Isn’t it grand my lord?” the young doctor beamed. “You have provided an heir to the Imperium something the Emperor has certainly been unable to do.”

“Does she know?” Was all Luke managed to get out from his suddenly dry mouth.

“No, my lord, I thought it best to let you know first. Perhaps you would be the one to tell her.”

“She already knows.” Luke concluded.

“I haven’t told a soul my lord. I swear it.” The doctor protested.

“She would know Doctor, she would know.” Luke replied coolly. This changed everything.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Dang you Stravo Dang you! One thirty in the freken morning suprise! Oh and thank you for a niice suprise

*Edit yes this posts was two minutes after his, I know

Lets see Khan's making his move, If I take a guess.... He never through to check to see if all those wonderful Holocams were on or not, All Star Destroyers have them in important areas like... The Medical Bay and those drated non mind controlable medical droids

On top of that.. Han's here the Norghi are alive and kicking and all sorts of threads are starting to come togther

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
desertjedi
Padawan Learner

Post by desertjedi »

WOO FREAKING HOO!!! Now...what to name the child.
It startled him even more when just after he was awarded the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness he got lynched by a rampaging mob of respectable physicists who had finally realized that the one thing they really couldn't stand was a smart ass. - The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Damn Stravo, I love you.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

That Khan bit is eeeeevil.
Illuminatus Primus
All Seeing Eye

Post by Illuminatus Primus »

Stravo wrote:Is it justified to let Thrawn have command of Noghri in the ROTJ era, in particular with Vader on board or would that be wrong?
The primary loyalty of the Noghri are to Vader. After Vader, Palpatine. Thrawn gets to command them by virtue of being officially in control of the Empire at the time.
Stravo wrote:If it would be problematic with Vader on baord but the time frame is OK, I assume the Emperor has ultimate authority to assign Noghri to people or are they literrally Vader's private army?
They work for the Empire essentially because of their personal loyalty to Vader - simply being Vader's daughter for Leia was enough to rest them entirely from the Empire.
Stravo wrote:Darkside adepts - did they exist during the ROTJ era or were they a phenomenon of Dark Empire onward?
Palpatine keeps a host of Force-trained peons.

Imperial Royal Guards have some rudimentary Force ability - stuff like better reflexes, enhanced physical strength, speed, and endurance, etc.

Imperial Soveriegn Protectors have TK and some more basic abilities.

Dark Troopers have the reflexes and intuition of Force users and heavy weapons.

Imperial Inquisitors (which belong to a body called the Inquisitorious) are like mid-level Dark Jedi with their skills and powers highly focused and limited to swordsmanship and tracking/sensing abilities. These guys hunt out Jedi and Force users in general and destroy or convert them, but are not supposed to be too powerful themselves.

Emperor's Hands are like Mara Jade and others - special personal servants of Palpy.

Lastly, there are the monk-like Dark Side adepts, some of whom are prophets, others politicians and bureaucrats. Not much in the way of sheer power or fighting ability. Those old guys in the robes on the DS II were them.
Stravo wrote:What precisely was Leia's rank in the Rebellion? Where did she fall in terms of Mon Mothma and others?
Later she's the Minister of State, and I don't know her formal position before that. I figure she has some position in the ministry or council.
"You know what the problem with Hollywood is. They make shit. Unbelievable. Unremarkable. Shit." - Gabriel Shear, Swordfish

"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi in reply to an incredibly stupid post.

The Fifth Illuminatus Primus | Warsie | Skeptical Empiricist | Florida Gator | Sustainability Advocate | Libertarian Socialist |
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Solo! Solo! Solo!

Stupid ... Kirk. Hope Solo decks him.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

You've set up a love...cluster fuck. Let's diagram this...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Very cool Stravo....a few oddballish errors in spelling but all in all very good.

Was honestly wondering what happened to a few of the players. Porr Han...well he'll at least have Chewie, maybe. :P
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Fan-fucking-tastic.

That is all.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Great New Year present. Thank you, Stravo. I wonder if you could write more chapters the way you wrote this one :mrgreen: ... I'm sure everyone will be delighted about that.

EDIT: btw ... a happy new year to all of you :wink:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Has anyone ever mentioned about how this fic is awesome? :? :lol: :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Let no one ever say that Stravo took the lazy way out. Damn, man, you could've said that Han was dead and made Kirk and Leia's relationship about eighty times simplier. I applaud your having the guts to bring him back.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

Ouch Han's on his way, now I can see one potential confusing future...

What happens if when Luke finds out he organises a Rescue mission, and 'informs' Chewie of his plans, where does Chewie go... Does he stay with Leia as Han asked him, does he go help Luke rescue Han? What if Han decides to stay with Luke.... Does Chewie stay with Luke, do we see the split between the various characters grow even larger, do we see a Han-Luke-Chewie versus Leia-Kirk-Droids partnership...?

Do we see Han join Kirk on the otherhand and see the interpersonal relationships between the three as wonderfully illustrated in the diagram Darthdavid drew...

Eek, god's it was worth the wait, and I canna wait to see these new elements devolp...

Yes the other threads also added new interesting angles, such as how the future child of Mara and Luke will affect them... and will it. I can see one horrible potentiality, if Mara wants Nemesis back, I can see harming the child to make Luke Angry as one potential solution, it all depends on just how darkside Mara is I guess, a full Darksider might be willing to have the child and then kill it horribly to Make Luke Furious, and return Nemesis...
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
Duff Man
Redshirt

Yay stravo!

Post by Duff Man »

Soo pretty... ...need more... you know... it's probaly someone's birthday tomorow... or the day after.. ...and so on... ^_^
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Thrawn has got to have some kind of countermeasure to Khan that we just don't know about yet. It's Thrawn, he already feels uneasy about this so that means he probably has most of the problems that could come from this figured out. But Khan is doing a damn good job of taking over, though he doesn't have much more time before Jer keels over so he'll have to act soon.

Han being back... that's gonna start all sorts of problems. Once he gets out anyway.

I look forward to seeing the Triumvirate kicking ass and taking names.

And just to make things MORE interesting, Stravo throws in Mara being pregnant.

I swear Stravo, you are worse to your characters than I am.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Duff Man
Redshirt

Post by Duff Man »

yeah, I was expecting mara to become pregnant with ben, if at all (the baby is going to be called ben right?) far later in the story... like near the end... this was completely unexpected... nice twist there stravo. and yeah Mr Bean's right, someone like Thrawn is definitely going to keep visual tabs on the doctor for quite sometime, along with Jerjerrod... it is however going to be quite interesting seeing what does happen to Jerjerrod once Thrawn finds out the full extent of his "treachery" and later why he really was acting on those grounds...

(I hope this post made sense... I'm posting while watching ghost in the shell 2 and finishing someothere stuff up so it may not be all that coherent...)
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

I gotta say this, I've been following your fic for over a year now, Stravo, and it still shakes me most of these twists. Still, allow me to throw in my congrats on a fantastic fic! I love these character interactions, they're all so real, so In-Character. It actually feels like we're reading a book written by Lucas himself (though I am, at this time, unsure which of the two writers (you and George Lucas) is the best :twisted: ).
Thrawn has got to have some kind of countermeasure to Khan that we just don't know about yet. It's Thrawn, he already feels uneasy about this so that means he probably has most of the problems that could come from this figured out. But Khan is doing a damn good job of taking over
I'm not exactly sure, but I think that we're going to see both sides (Thrawn and Khan) get a surprise when Khan makes his move. Which I'm not really sure what it will be... I don't know, but I got a gut feeling that Khan's assembling a group large enough to allow him control over an Imperator officially, and "run away" from Thrawn and his fleet. To replace permanently Thrawn and pass control of the fleet to himself, that's impossible, how would an Imperial Fleet allow such?? To control him with one of those worms? Doesn't sound right. Asides the probability that Khan could've made so already, I'm not seeing Imperial Admirals and Captains follow the, slightly, deranged orders of Khan :wink:
Ah well, I guess time and updates will tell (though by the amazingly-improbable twists your fic has been taking since, ohh, the first chapter :) I doubt any one of us can venture a correct guess at the final outcome).
Too bad this will never (never say never :twisted: ) get published though :(
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Those worm thingies that make a person more open to suggestion. Is it just suggestion from a specific person or suggestion from anyone?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

2000AD wrote:Those worm thingies that make a person more open to suggestion. Is it just suggestion from a specific person or suggestion from anyone?
I work under the assumption that the victim follows the suggestion of the first person they imprint on. In this case Khan since in ST:II Chekov and Terrel only follow Khan's orders despite other people telling them to do things.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Thrawn has got to have some kind of countermeasure to Khan that we just don't know about yet. It's Thrawn, he already feels uneasy about this so that means he probably has most of the problems that could come from this figured out. But Khan is doing a damn good job of taking over, though he doesn't have much more time before Jer keels over so he'll have to act soon.
Thrawn isnt infallible by a long shot, he has been shown to underestimate people before(Kirk is a good example of this). He normally learns from his mistakes, but the level he works at it only takes 1 mistake to go the way of the Dodo.

Also this is a story about Heros. Its only a matter of how Thrawn will be beaten, not if.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

You know, the Chiss aren't unfamiliar with genetic engineering themselves... while their military may be lacking (I'm talking about the Chiss Ruling Families here) they are supposed to be some of the best geneticists in the SW galaxy. And that could be explained by their insular nature and fear of outsiders.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Great chapter, as always Stravo.

Hmmm.... Vader/Thrawn got the Noghri.
Luke has the Jem'Haddar.

I see a great clash cominh. :D
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs