Speed Kills

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Speed Kills

Post by Montcalm »

Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Darth Bowser
Youngling

Post by Darth Bowser »

Holy shit, that's a bad day to be that bird.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

I'm suprised there's so little blood. When I saw a squirrel get hit by a car, it literally exploded.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

YT300000 wrote:I'm suprised there's so little blood. When I saw a squirrel get hit by a car, it literally exploded.
It might have something to do with the thick layer of soft feathers.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

My friend hit a crow that was sitting in the road when he came around the bend at 150mph on his CBR900, closely followed by me on my CBR600. The crow saw him and began to take off, only reaching about 3 feet up before my friend hit, there being no way to turn at that speed. Fortunately the older CBRs had lot of holes drilled in the fairing either side of the headlights, and the crow impacted there, breaking away that section of fairing quite cleanly while absorbing some of the blow. My friend managed to pull up alright with bad bruising on his hand where the bird had hit the clutch lever and smacked it off his fingers, but he was otherwise ok. The fairing cost £400+ to replace and the crow had a real bad day.

Nastiest has to be the guy and his girlfriend who showed up at our bike rally one evening in the highlands of Scotland, helmets literally covered in blood and entrails. It looked like they'd been headshot or something, but they were ok apart from a little shock. They'd been tearing across the Rannoch Moor when they'd intersected the same airspace as a large bat...
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Comosicus wrote:
YT300000 wrote:I'm suprised there's so little blood. When I saw a squirrel get hit by a car, it literally exploded.
It might have something to do with the thick layer of soft feathers.
Yeah, I guess. Still, not seeing even one drop...

Oh well.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Re: Speed Kills

Post by Robert Walper »

I can imagine the biker: "It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...oh wait, it was a bird."
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

It looks to have been an owl. :-( I like owls, they're cooler than most birds.

That must have really sucked for the person-- needless to say, the owl likely didn't enjoy it.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

when comming home from vacation we hit a rabbit at 150 km/h on a french freeway. at home we noticed the rabbits head sticking in the radiator grill.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

bah! I plowed into a pidgeon at 75 MPH on I-95 with my old Neon a few years back. The goddamn thing exploded on my bumper. Now THAT was a mess. I sure hope that lonely cheetoe sitting on the highway tasted good, because it was the last thing that pidgeon ever ate.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy