Favorite TV themes

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

The_Lumberjack wrote:Oooh, just thought of another one that IB and other EBC members with fond memories might appreciate; maid marian and her merry men. Great stuff.
Awesome, i've not thought of that show in years. Snooker was my favourite character.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Galvatron wrote:Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
The Greatest American Hero
Miami Vice
Good picks, and I'll echo. Especially Greatest American Hero.

I'll add 'Danger Mouse' and 'The Andy Griffith Show'. Who doesn't whistel that song from time to time. :D
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Dark Angel
ST: DS9
Andromeda: 1st season.
Babylon 5
JAG (not really great, but it kinda sticks with you)
ST: TNG
ST: Voy
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'm with Dalton-I could swear we already did one of those recently. Oh what the hell...

Babylon 5, especially season 5
original BSG
MacGyver
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Magnum P.I.
Airwolf
1st season Andromeda (thanks, Thanas)
SeaQuest DSV
and of course
Robin Of Sherwood (the one TV series that seems to be utterly immune to reruns. Pity, actually-it was excellent)
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Robotech
Stargate SG-1
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Battlestar Galactica
(Original)
Fawlty Towers
Star Trek: The Next Generation

And a whole bunch more I don't feel like probing around the recesses of my mind for.

God, I am such a sucker for heavy strings and/or brass.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Batman wrote:I'm with Dalton-I could swear we already did one of those recently.
We did, but since there were a fair number of new responses, we let it go.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

The_Lumberjack wrote:Oooh, just thought of another one that IB and other EBC members with fond memories might appreciate; maid marian and her merry men. Great stuff.
Oh man, that theme rocked. So did that show. Yay for Danny John Jules as Barrington!
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Buffy and Angel
Simpsons
MacGyver
Knight Rider
Mission Impossible
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Zaia wrote:
Batman wrote:I'm with Dalton-I could swear we already did one of those recently.
We did, but since there were a fair number of new responses, we let it go.
Oh, I wasn't criticising(sp?), I positively don't mind. It's just that, propably just like Dalton, my mind went 'Didn't we do one of these a month ago' and as being a lazy bugger I couldn't be arsed to look through OT/ the OT archive, I simply posted this.

I've thought of a few more:

Der Fahnder
Misfits Of Science
A-Team
X-Files
Alice Im Wunderland
Das Rätsel Der Sandbank
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Battlestar Galactica theme is sounding pretty nice, the DS9 one was alright, I liked the theme to that Tin-Tin show. But I hated that god damned dog. The theme from that show Are You Afraid of the Dark was horrific. It gave me nightmares and chills. God damn. The original Batman theme was awesome, Saved By The Bell was alright, the theme from Quantam Leap is kinda memorable, and even though I may have watched at most, 3 episodes of Taxi, I still remember parts of the opening sequence. The Jetsons, and of course, my favourite childhood show, The Flinstones. Animaniacs is alright, but Pinky and the Brain was the greatest. Captain Planet's theme was memorable, but not in the best way. COPS has a theme I don't think anyone will forget. The Woody Woodpecker one was good. Damn, I can't even remember half of the shows I used to watch, so I doubt I'll ever be able to give a complete list.
XXXI
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

A-Team is the king.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.