Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

jmac wrote: No, that chick is not me, that's Chantal Kreviazuk, who my BF has an unhealthy facination with. I'd hit him, but that would be hypocritical since I have a thing for her husband.
I'd gladly offer to occupy her time to keep your boyfriend out of the loop, but I'm currently obsessing over another girl at the moment...
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Blah! I originally just threw this in the Testing forum for fun, but I like it and it qualifies as a self portrait:

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

shit, look at the guns on walper! what do you curl?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Robert Walper wrote:Blah! I originally just threw this in the Testing forum for fun, but I like it and it qualifies as a self portrait:
Mine's bigger. :mrgreen:

Dead_Ghost looks spookily (ha!) like a friend of mine. I'd dig up the picture, but I'm too lazy. I might edit this later if I do.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Robert Walper wrote:Blah! I originally just threw this in the Testing forum for fun, but I like it and it qualifies as a self portrait:

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/7672/svi00065ek.jpg
Cut your hair shorter and you can tell people you're Kurt Russell's nephew or something.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Myself and my darling sister. She refused to smile for the camera, I helped out a little bit.

Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

xBlackFlash wrote:Myself and my darling sister. She refused to smile for the camera, I helped out a little bit.
It's not easy to, is it? To smile without a motive to the lens. Unless, of course, you have some experience in theatre :mrgreen: or someone makes something funny, prompting a smile or a laugh even, which is what I always do... And you as well in this case, no? By touching her cheeks, forcing her muscles to smile, you actually made her smile, which makes the photo even more beautiful...
But I'm digressing already. Very nice photo, I liked it a lot. Very... lovely kinship...
Am I the only one here who finds your sister's smile more attention-captivating than yours? (no offence intended) I don't know, but it seems to me that she's the focus of the photo, that's all...
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Col. Crackpot wrote:shit, look at the guns on walper! what do you curl?
I fiddle around with 35 pound dumbbells. Kinda lazy though, I'm really slacking in the workout department. :?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Jesus, Walper! For a Borg-loving Trekkie and self-proclaimed Fan Whore, you sure look like you can butcher a fucking walrus!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Jesus, Walper! For a Borg-loving Trekkie and self-proclaimed Fan Whore, you sure look like you can butcher a fucking walrus!
He does look manly with a "I don't take no shit from nobody!" look in that photo. The knife helps with that impression.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sorta like a hybrid between Arnold, Rambo and Jay Leno :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Jesus, Walper! For a Borg-loving Trekkie and self-proclaimed Fan Whore, you sure look like you can butcher a fucking walrus!
Well, like I've said before, no one thinks I'm a Trekkie or sci fi geek when they meet me. I don't fit the typical image that comes to mind. Neither do I rant about sci fi either except at good ole SDN. :P

But thanks for the compliment. 8)
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Stofsk wrote:
He does look manly with a "I don't take no shit from nobody!" look in that photo. The knife helps with that impression.
I did take my glasses off for that photo (I think I've taken them off for every photo for SDN. I don't like the way they make me look).
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sorta like a hybrid between Arnold, Rambo and Jay Leno :D
The Jay Leno part hurts... :cry: :wink:
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Despite the fact that I think Spoofe cornered the market in bizarre looking long exposure shots a dozen odd pages ago, this one I quite like. Can't honestly say whether it was me who took it as it was new year and we were all a little pissed at the time. But I believe I was definately in the vicinity.

"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

My picture doesn't work anymore. Now I'm pissed. That was at painted over.com so now I just give up.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

I'll admit it. I'm a Photoshop whore. Here's the latest...

Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Well, I just got my cable fixed so I don't have to rely on the family computer anymore. Here's the last, from New Year's:

Yes, I was intoxicated. Very, very intoxicated. Very.
The Great and Malignant
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

SPOOFE wrote:Well, I just got my cable fixed so I don't have to rely on the family computer anymore. Here's the last, from New Year's:

<snip pic>

Perhaps it's the red hair, or the drunken expression, or the fact that you took that on New Year's, but you really remind me of my friend Eric in that photo.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

SPOOFE wrote:Well, I just got my cable fixed so I don't have to rely on the family computer anymore. Here's the last, from New Year's:

Hey man, at least you look happy :-p
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I don't look happy. I look drunk. That's after something like four shots of Patron, four Rum 'n Coke's, and six glasses of sangria. And, uh, multiple bowls. Of "substance". Yeah.
The Great and Malignant
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

xBlackFlash wrote:I'll admit it. I'm a Photoshop whore. Here's the latest...

:shock: The first is awesome... It actually looks ALMOST like a hand-draw. *thumbs up*
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Robert Walper wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:shit, look at the guns on walper! what do you curl?
I fiddle around with 35 pound dumbbells. Kinda lazy though, I'm really slacking in the workout department. :?
How many do you do? say per day, and how many days a week?

Still stuck on doing just ten in a row per arm with a pair of 30lbs dumbbells and trying todo them every day, I guess I should do more.
I just get bored, though many times I just stop and do 3-5 just like that when I pass them by and then continue what I'm doing.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Robert Walper wrote: I fiddle around with 35 pound dumbbells. Kinda lazy though, I'm really slacking in the workout department. :?
How many do you do? say per day, and how many days a week?
Like I said, I've been really lazy with them since I bought the set (a year ago now I think). For the last week I've been trying to get into it again. About 20-30 reps per arm, with a few other workouts alongside (situps, etc).
Still stuck on doing just ten in a row per arm with a pair of 30lbs dumbbells and trying todo them every day, I guess I should do more.
I just get bored, though many times I just stop and do 3-5 just like that when I pass them by and then continue what I'm doing.
Actually, I'm really lucky. I have a natural build like that. I know that if I really applied myself, I could get a really sweet looking build. But there's that, as I mentioned before, laziness thing. :P
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Robert Walper wrote:I did take my glasses off for that photo (I think I've taken them off for every photo for SDN. I don't like the way they make me look).
I'll give you a hint, if you don't like look with glasses you'll need to get a new pair. When you got a right kind glasses people won't even notice them it just seem so natural (and just for the record, I have had glasses since I was 14 (I'm 22 now) and had very poor self esteem back then.)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n