68%
Cesarean Section
32%

Total votes: 79

Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

C-section, I was about 4 weeks late.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I escaped the old fashioned way. I then proceeded to repel down to the floor, cut the cord, spank the nurse, and run out the door. I've been one step ahead of the pursuit ever since.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

C-section- both me and my brother were almost 9lb babies. I was 10 days late.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Spits off to side, the wad of tobacco visible even in the fire light. Draped over his shoulder is a simple brown blanket. 'Round him, sitting on split logs, are a various people.

"Gather 'round, gather 'round," He repeats, motioning with his arms," Tonight is the story of my birth." A hush falls over the crowd. "Where to start, where to start... Ah yes, that will do..."

"It was the winter of '85, back then winter in pittsburgh were cold enough to make you sterile with just the thought of them and babies were born with fur parkas and those funny little russian hats. Snow high enough to lose a weee babe in. It was time for the men of the halls of the undermount to check the slowing apparatus on a 'Geap', my father and father's father clambering beneath the hulking beast to tame the wild thing. My mother was suddenly struck with a pain. Having bore my father a son before, I am successfully denied making a joke about her thinking the devil was running through her bowels. But say what you will, I was hell bent on coming out. She called my father, who jacked the beast down and rushed to our warren. There my mother was rushed and it was off to the medicine lodge! Oh, what a ride. Uncleared streets and ice as black as the night covered the roads. Oh, but I was coming, and nothing could stop me. After a drive worthy enough for its own tale, they arrived and my mother was rushed to a birthing chamber. She told them I would come, and that a medicine man should get there, but they would not listen. Shame. I arrived soon there after, with a pffft! Oh, what a day it would have been if the doctor didn't show then and catch me. Aye, I was an impatient one."

And the sad thing is, aside from the story, thats how it happened.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The natural way for me; spawning out of a pile of rusting Sherman tank treads in the corner of an Army war reserve stocks depot.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Darth_Zod wrote:am i weird for simply not knowing? *scratches head*
You would know, your mother would have a big scar across or down her stomach and be blaming you. I think nowadays they cut sideways rather than downward and leave less of a scar though.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Vaginal. In the 'for what it's worth' department, thats how I want to have my kids as well.

I'm sure you were all so curious :wink:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Vaginal. Guess I wouldn't be able to kill Macbeth, then.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

ArmorPierce wrote:
Darth_Zod wrote:am i weird for simply not knowing? *scratches head*
You would know, your mother would have a big scar across or down her stomach and be blaming you. I think nowadays they cut sideways rather than downward and leave less of a scar though.
Not neccisarily, I dont have a clue...but that's likely because I'm adopted ;)
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only stubborn, big headed, 'get the drugs, and forceps' baby, on this site.
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Vaginal. Hell, I was dying to get out. Almost came out in the taxi on the way to the hospital. Was about a push or two away from being born in a snowbank.

Mom was in labor for about 6 hours. Needless to say, I'm her favorite. :-D
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Mom pooped me out her twat.
:lol:
The doctor needed to give me a few yanks with the forceps, too. And I was 3 weeks late.
I still like to sleep in.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Vaginal.

According to my mother, when she found out I was a boy, my mother replied "Oh God, another one." The nurse, in all seriousness, kept me away while shouting out "Don't you love your child?!"
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Normaly I think.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

normal, and my mom will never forgive me for it, or the fact that I was a ten monther....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

My mother dropped me out of the birthing channel between a meeting at work and an appointment with the nanny. She was very efficient about it.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Dargos
Jedi Knight

Post by Dargos »

Vaginal...Is it me or does it seem that the use of the C-section in on the rise? If there is a statistical rise in the the number of C-section procedures, does that indicate that women are having "more" problems successfully carrying a baby to term?
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
wood
Youngling

Post by wood »

My sister and I were both delivered vaginally. I was 9 lbs and my sister was just shy of 12lbs. Way to go Mom!

Any time I think I'm in pain, I try to imagine what it would be like to shit a 12lb watermellon... it's rather humbling.
"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
Avatar - "Praying" by Alex Grey.
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

C-Section. Same with my brother and sister. Mom just didnt have big enough pelvis for us to properly fit through and we likely would have had mental defects had we come out naturally.
"The Cosmos is expanding every second everyday, but their minds are slowly shrinking as they close their eyes and pray." - MC Hawking
"It's like a kids game. A morbid, blood-soaked Tetris game..." - Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Like all the smartest people; I was born by caesarian section, not having our heads crushed in the birth canal allows us to have bigger brains!

Both my brother and I were born by c-section, since we were the wrong way round in the womb. I'm kinda glad, to tell you the truth. I can both kill Macbeth and honestly say, unlike the "naturals" that i've never touched my mum's pussy.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Hey, Rye, that's really cool! I never thought of that.

Same way for me, they cut me out. After 72 hours of labor, my mom waas screaming for them to get the scalpel.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Caesarian section, happened with my brother, too. Then mom had my dad get snipped.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

I came out the normal way. It seems though C-section is the way to go these days.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I was born vaginally, apparently the doctor was rough with the forceps. It may be the reason I have brain damage today.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin