E.S. Posthumus

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RogueIce
_______

E.S. Posthumus

Post by RogueIce »

Anyone else heard of 'em? I think they're pretty good IMO.

I got hooked on "Harappa" because of a clip of it in the "Liberty City Tribute" video.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Buy his Unearthed CD. Rarely do I like every song on someone's CD but you will enjoy every track on that CD particularly if you like movie soundtracks. Great stuff.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Stravo wrote:Buy his Unearthed CD. Rarely do I like every song on someone's CD but you will enjoy every track on that CD particularly if you like movie soundtracks. Great stuff.
Got it today. Five minutes ago. :D

Did you know "Nara" is the theme to Cold Case? I didn't until just now.

And you're right. It is like listening to a movie soundtrack. Which is very nice.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

If memory serves, "Pompeii" is what Spiderman 2 used for it's trailer. Or at least it is very very familiar to me.

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

RogueIce wrote:If memory serves, "Pompeii" is what Spiderman 2 used for it's trailer. Or at least it is very very familiar to me.
The first Spider-Man trailer. "Elba" was used in the Japanese teaser trailer for the Matrix sequels. That's all I recall at the moment.

Need to get the CD. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
RogueIce wrote:If memory serves, "Pompeii" is what Spiderman 2 used for it's trailer. Or at least it is very very familiar to me.
The first Spider-Man trailer.
That "A hero will choose his destiny" one?
DPDP wrote:"Elba" was used in the Japanese teaser trailer for the Matrix sequels. That's all I recall at the moment.

Need to get the CD. :P
Yes you do. Do it from CDBaby.com while you're at it. If nothing else you will recieve some funny e-mails. :D

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

"Pompeii" was a great piece, I spent ages trying to find out what it was when I saw the Spider-Man trailer years ago.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I want the pieces they did for The Boondock Saints, but I cant find them.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

NeoGoomba wrote:I want the pieces they did for The Boondock Saints, but I cant find them.
Is it by the same guy?

Not that I know the names, but if you do I could tell you if it's on the CD (I haven't really watched that movie in a long time so I couldn't tell by listening).

Guy N. Cognito
Padawan Learner

Post by Guy N. Cognito »

E.S. Posthumous is used for so many trailers due to the high energy of the music. I have a few songs and I love them and hear them everywhere.
"Though there are only 5 colours, in combination, they can create more hues then can ever be seen" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

RogueIce wrote:
NeoGoomba wrote:
Not that I know the names, but if you do I could tell you if it's on the CD (I haven't really watched that movie in a long time so I couldn't tell by listening).
The two pieces they did that I want arent on the soundtrack. The piece from the gunfight scene against the Duke, and the song almost right after that when they are cauterizing their wounds.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

NeoGoomba wrote:The two pieces they did that I want arent on the soundtrack. The piece from the gunfight scene against the Duke, and the song almost right after that when they are cauterizing their wounds.
I mean the CD by E.S. Posthumus, not the movie soundtrack. You sure it's done by him?