Your favorite game trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

The Halo 2 trailer got played in the cinema. Can't beat that for impact :) As for geting your modney's worth, the Dixons instore demo DVD has a trailer for the new Ace Combat game for PS2. nothing special; just lots of dogfighting (and F4s. Does anyone still use F4s?). It does, however, last ages. At least twice as long as any of the movie trailers on the disc.
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

wautd wrote:Fun story.

A shame i cant run no regret anymore. I'd really like to see the movie again :(
See, that's why I keep my DOS-compatible hardware and intend to keep 'em forever 8) . I ain't pretty sure DOSBOX would work on this one, but it's also worth trying.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
wautd wrote:Fun story.

A shame i cant run no regret anymore. I'd really like to see the movie again :(
See, that's why I keep my DOS-compatible hardware and intend to keep 'em forever 8) . I ain't pretty sure DOSBOX would work on this one, but it's also worth trying.
I tried and it should work but it doesnt. Same with No remorse :?
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Also, there was this old RTS game (conquest earth?) where gaseous aliens from Jupiter attacked earth in the near future. The game sucked (thanks to its interface/controls from hell) but the intro was pretty cool
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I always liked the main television advertisement for Final Fantasy VII that were aired in 1997.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Jedi Council Member

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I always liked the main television advertisement for Final Fantasy VII that were aired in 1997.
Now I'm getting confused. Is the Final Fantasy featuring Squall, Seiffer, and Rhinoa the seventh one or the eight one?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That's FF8. FF7 is with Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret, and Yuffy.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Jedi Council Member

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:That's FF8. FF7 is with Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret, and Yuffy.
I see. Never seen FF7 trailer, then. The first FF trailer I saw is the VIII one (and the Eyes on Me videoclip as well.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Dawn of War is obvious.

I've also liked a lot of the intros for Def Jam: Fight for New York, featuring the various rappers doing voice work for their game avatars. Great trash talk.

The original Dark Reign had a great intro.

A recent favorite is the trailer for the japanese version of Xenosaga II.

I'd have to say my all-time favorite is the intro-trailer(english version) for Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

andrewgpaul wrote:The Halo 2 trailer got played in the cinema. Can't beat that for impact :)
I saw a Silent Hill 3 trailer at the cinema. THAT made an impression. Pity it wasn't a full length one, the SH game trailers are usually quite good, and ultra freaky.

Current game trailers are all about the new Zelda, with the score from Conan blasting away. O defy you not to drool. (Edge gave that one away on DVD).