The Sith on DS9

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Who would the Sith Lord choose as his apprentice?

Captain Sisko
4%
Constable Odo
10%
Lt. Dax
2%
Lt. Worf
10%
Chief Mile O'Brien
4%
Lt. Julian Bashir
8%
Maj. Kira Nerys
41%
Quark
10%
Jake Sisko
No votes
Other...
12%

Total votes: 51

Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

The Sith on DS9

Post by Steven Snyder »

This wsa inspired by another topic that was here...

A Sith Lord has arrived on Deep Space Nine, through the convienent wormhole located nearby. Unaware of his nature, the goody-goody crew of DS9 initiates 'first-contact' protocol and showers the Dark Lord with a typical Federation display of warmth and joy. The Sith Lord, realizing his need for an apprentice to start his bid for control of this galaxy, turns his eye to the residents and crew of DS9 as possible candidates. Assuming that everyone is equal in the eyes of force sensitivity, who do you expect the Sith Lord would recruit?
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Morn, Darth Morn!
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I'm voting Quark! He'd be ass funny as a Sith! :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

I have to cast my own vote for Bashir.

He would be an excellent apprentice for the Sith.

1. He harbors some deeply held feelings about the rest of humanity that has dubbed him a monster because of his gene alteration. The can be used as a wedge by the Sith to turn his loyalties away from the federation.

2. He is a gifted mental and physical specimen, albiet gifted through science and not random chance. He may be the smartest and fastest person on DS9, if his skill with a dart are any indication, his hand-eye coordination is incredible.

3. He is quite well educated having been through medical school and all, he also has knowledge of alien physiology that could be useful.

4. He is a doctor, and people generally trust their doctor with information they wouldn't tell anyone else. Doctors are also associated with pacifists, which would make for an excellent cover.
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Steven Snyder wrote:*snip*
Good assessment IMO.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Kira. Given her ability to kick Klingon Ass (pregnant or not :) ) she would be great in black with a light saber.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I would say bashir or Worf the both lot of anger as part of themselves (Bashir due to his gene-enginering and Worf because his a Klingon). (Remember weak apprentice can be a good thing.)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

I say Obrien because of his invaluable technical knowledge. An engineer as good as Miles can give the Sith all the 411 he would ever need about the strengths and weaknesses of Fed vessels. Miles can also fix anything and disable anytthing.
And I cast my crown before God Above
Sayin’ “I don’t deserve this act of love”
Then He picks me up and says to me
“You are my child and I love you, oh you are my child and I love you”
-----------------------------
And I need to take these trials, and listen to what God says
I need to be refined; I need to be strengthened
These trials will teach me, they’ll teach me how to live
I want them to teach me, I want to be like Christ

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I said Kira too. "Give in to your anger..."
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

NecronLord wrote:I said Kira too. "Give in to your anger..."
Or Obrien as JLP said above, but only in the early series days when he was still getting to grips with the remnant feelings from the cardassian war - certainly early season Kira and Obrien would be easiest to turn to the darkside, and maybe sisko would be a good target in the end series when he was prepared to cross lines of morality to win the war for the greater good.

Mind you, I suppose those arent really answering the OP about who would make the best apprentice.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Lord Sander
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Sander »

Odo might be cool; physics-defying shapeshifting Force wielder 8)
He already has the urge to bring order to things.. let's bring a Sith Order to things :twisted:
Lord Sander,
"Oderint dum metuant"
Glory to the Empire and Emperor Palpatine!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I seem to recall Kira having difficulty with being on Cardassia right up to the final episodes.

And damn you folks, this thread has the fanfic tendons tensed.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Garrick. Hands down. Ruthless, cunning, manipulative, strong willed, and willing to commit genocide.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

The most likely, in this order:
1) Garak, as said above, he is willing to commit Genocide, and is interested in revenge on the Dominion. Revenge + willingness to kill = sithy.

2) Quark. Greedy, treacherous little bugger.

3) Sisko. This will sound weird, but if something threatens the Federation, Sisko will cross the line. Remember what he did to get the Romulans to join the Federation against the Dominion? If the Sith Lord can convince Sisko that he can protect the Federation by coming with him, Sisko would do anything.
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

Odo would probably be the most useful, considering how often the Federation has fallen for changeling impersonations. But someone like Kira or Garak would probably be easier to convert.
Jalinth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jalinth »

Praxis wrote:The most likely, in this order:
1) Garak, as said above, he is willing to commit Genocide, and is interested in revenge on the Dominion. Revenge + willingness to kill = sithy.

3) Sisko. This will sound weird, but if something threatens the Federation, Sisko will cross the line. Remember what he did to get the Romulans to join the Federation against the Dominion? If the Sith Lord can convince Sisko that he can protect the Federation by coming with him, Sisko would do anything.
Garak actually might be very difficult as an apprentice. With him, I'd have to watch my back 24/7 to avoid being backstabbed - its almost second nature to him. He is simply too devious (great character) to be trusted. And the irony of the Sith needing to somewhat trust their apprentice is pretty high.

I'd prefer to turn someone nominally "good" since I could more easily direct their future without worrying whether they are truly "my" apprentice or simply along for the power. Bashir would work. So would Sisko.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Captain Sisko
Constable Odo
Lt. Dax
Lt. Worf
Chief Mile O'Brien
Lt. Julian Bashir
Maj. Kira Nerys
Quark
Jake Sisko
Look at them all:

Captain Sisko?
Possibly. He has that "Do whatever it takes" personality. But he's too old. Plus, he may be too much a Federation ideologue to shake off the conflicting duties to embrace the Dark Side.

Constable Odo?
No, he values Order, but not at the expense of Justice. He would oppose the Sith if possible.

Lt Dax
She's lived too long, seen too many wars, and too much bloodshed to really well... try to embrace the Dark Side. She's too fun loving to really be full of hate and anger.

Lt Worf?
Too stupid.

CPO O'Brien?
Um... what?

CMO Bashir?
A doctor. Wouldn't work. He takes the Hippochratic Oath too seriously, even at the expense of his life he would fight to protect a patient.

Maj. Kira Nerys?
BINGO. Former terrorist, hates the Cardassians, is angered about what they did to her homeworld, fears their return. Can you say "Match made in heaven?"

Quark?
Um... what?

Jake Sisko?
Not a Sith, though a convenient hostage. :)

Kira fits the Dark Side apprentice motif like a fucking GLOVE.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Praxis wrote:The most likely, in this order:
Possibly.
No way. If anything, he'd be the ST equivalent of the Neimodians. Essentially just another pawn.
No, he won't. Because he's not angry, full of hate, or afraid. And he still believes in the Federation and their crazy hippy shit.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Steven Snyder wrote:I have to cast my own vote for Bashir.

He would be an excellent apprentice for the Sith.

1. He harbors some deeply held feelings about the rest of humanity that has dubbed him a monster because of his gene alteration. The can be used as a wedge by the Sith to turn his loyalties away from the federation.

2. He is a gifted mental and physical specimen, albiet gifted through science and not random chance. He may be the smartest and fastest person on DS9, if his skill with a dart are any indication, his hand-eye coordination is incredible.

3. He is quite well educated having been through medical school and all, he also has knowledge of alien physiology that could be useful.

4. He is a doctor, and people generally trust their doctor with information they wouldn't tell anyone else. Doctors are also associated with pacifists, which would make for an excellent cover.
1. Remember Section 31 and their attempts to turn him to 'the dark side' and betray the Federation and his friends? He would have none of it. Sloane even tried that whole "You're gifted; but still cursed" routine. Julian's too smart. And too nice.

2. Yes. But it's irrelevant to the question of becoming a Sith.

3. See 2.

4. See 2.

Guys, to become a Sith you need to embrace the dark side. That means: anger, fear, hatred. Bashir doesn't fall into it.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I vote other, as in. "The Sith butchers every other person on the station and steals a runabout so he can go look for a WORTHY apprentice."
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Bellator
Padawan Learner

Post by Bellator »

But he's too old.
Too old? Hell, look at Dooku!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Bellator wrote:
But he's too old.
Too old? Hell, look at Dooku!
Dooku was already trained. He's refering that Sisko would have to be trained from day 1.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Darth Worf
Because we didnt saw a lightsabre in the shape of a bath'let yet
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

I've revised my opinion of Odo: he still won't make a good Sith Apprentice, but he will make an excellent pawn. Kira could be the lever that brings him into the Sith Master's camp. Odo has been shown to work for fascists and communist authoritarians (:)) before, so long as he had full reign of law and order wherever her happened to be stationed (and DS9 was his hunting ground).
Bellator
Padawan Learner

Post by Bellator »

Dooku was already trained. He's refering that Sisko would have to be trained from day 1.
That goes for all characters. Just about all of them are well above 30 (excl. Jake, Nog, etc) and don't have prolonged lifespans (excl. Odo, Dax). If Luke already was too old then most DS9 characters certainly are.

So you'd have to pick between Odo, Nog, Jake and Dax, plus a few semi-regulars perhaps. Possibly Bashir, depending on if his enhancements include a drasticly prolonged lifespan.