Miniature Pics

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Miniature Pics

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

So I got a digital camera and started fooling around with it... the results weren't too pretty, but I did manage to salvage a couple. I'm still experimenting with lighting so get more recognizable photos taken, but I did get one decent shot of two minis:

My first decent pic, as it wasn't focussed on any detail. Mostly I was just fucking around in GIMP as a 'proof of concept' type thing.

And here's the Colonel from the previous crappy pic with the regimental standard bearer:
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Woah, brilliant! I never had much of a penchant for minis personally, but they're really awesome. Nice pictures! Helpful comments :D
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Holy McCrap! Looks like GW got you for a thousand bucks....
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

I'd post some pics of my Tau but they're in dire need of some Earth Caste medics with superglue.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Hmm...this motivates me to get off my ass and back to painting my BT stuff. I've got a Marauder 2 I need to paint up in unit colors for the campaign anyway, and a Kimagure as a joke.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Left to right: Vox guy, medic, plasma gunner, Commissar, standard bearer, Colonel, and my Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord.

Image[/img]

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Excellent minis. I love the GW minis, though I'm more into BFGothic myself. Someday I really will have to find someone with a scanner and take advantage of them so I can post my pics...

Anyway, you did a very good job painting the little teeny-tiny little details on them and I really like the tank and the colonel. The red painted newspaper adds the perfect 40k atmosphere--a blood-splashed terrain of horrors. More pics, please!
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:Excellent minis. I love the GW minis, though I'm more into BFGothic myself. Someday I really will have to find someone with a scanner and take advantage of them so I can post my pics...

Anyway, you did a very good job painting the little teeny-tiny little details on them and I really like the tank and the colonel. The red painted newspaper adds the perfect 40k atmosphere--a blood-splashed terrain of horrors. More pics, please!
Thanks. The newspaper is red because that's where I mixed Terracotta Brown and Bubonic Brown to paint the muddy areas of all my trenches and bunkers (not pictured). The stupid lighting really obscured the detail and throws some of the colors off (the camo scheme looks much darker and more bland in person, which is the idea of course), and out of all the pics I've taken these are the only ones that have come out remotely recognizable.

I'll try to grab some shots of my Ork Warboss and Honorifica Imperialis Sarge on the actual gaming table, which may yield better quality pics.

Bob the Gunslinger

Believe me, I understand the problems photographing mini models. I do all of my kitbashing in the micromachines scale. :D (My pictures look like out of focus snapshots of blurry blobs.)

Besides, even if the pics did mess up your paintschemes, they still look better than mine. :P

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Cower before Inquisitor Sighard von Riffenstein less you wish to face imperial justice!

Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

I'm sure purple and yellow and green is all the rage amongst the Ordo Fruitus but I'll stick with my Malleus red/gold and black. :P

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

JediNeophyte wrote:I'm sure purple and yellow and green is all the rage amongst the Ordo Fruitus but I'll stick with my Malleus red/gold and black. :P
Radical doesn't just apply to his philosophy you know.
Hammerman! Hammer!
Bob the Gunslinger

2000AD wrote:Cower before Inquisitor Sighard von Riffenstein less you wish to face imperial justice!

I like the painting you did in terms of getting the colors on all the details right and making them look smooth and rich, but I have to ask about the color scheme...

Why is he fighting with a plastic He-Man sword and a watergun?

Doesn't anything on his planet come in military colors?

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Ordo Fraternitas

Nuff said.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote: Why is he fighting with a plastic He-Man sword and a watergun?
Plastic He-man sword? That is the legendary Sword of Torgmanous, thought to be a blessed and holy weapon but in reality is a sword containing the deamon K'z'K, who gets more powerful with each drop of blood spiled, inspired by various plot points nicked from Sluggy Frelance! :D

And watergun? Are you talking about the bolt pistol on his shoulder or the shotgun on his back? Pah, watergun in deed! Just becuse you use the emperor's blessed water against one deamon it stays with you all your career!

And whats wrong with purple and dark green armour?
Hammerman! Hammer!
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

2000AD wrote: And whats wrong with purple and dark green armour?
Nothing, its the electric blue and 'AH MY EYES!' Yellow....
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I used to have a carnifex, some rangers and some scouts but I got too good at painting camoline....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

2000AD wrote:
Bob the Gunslinger wrote: Why is he fighting with a plastic He-Man sword and a watergun?
Plastic He-man sword? That is the legendary Sword of Torgmanous, thought to be a blessed and holy weapon but in reality is a sword containing the deamon K'z'K, who gets more powerful with each drop of blood spiled, inspired by various plot points nicked from Sluggy Frelance! :D

And watergun? Are you talking about the bolt pistol on his shoulder or the shotgun on his back? Pah, watergun in deed! Just becuse you use the emperor's blessed water against one deamon it stays with you all your career!

And whats wrong with purple and dark green armour?
It was Lord Torgamous. And K'z'k is in the sword?!? :shock:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

beware of Sister Zoe, Psycher Gwen, and Vindecore assasin Oasis....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Rogue 9 wrote: It was Lord Torgamous. And K'z'k is in the sword?!? :shock:
Well i didn't want to completely steal the idea, so i changed some things.
Torgmanous was an inquisitor who bound the deamon K'z'K to the sword and used it to banish loads of other deamons, before K'z'K managed to drive him insane. The sword passed into legend and was portrayed as a holy weapon.
Inquisitor Riffenstein tracked down the sword and was shocked to find it was a deamon weapon, thus turning him towards the Xanthite philosophy, though he's currently a Xanthite-Amalathian, not giving completely to the Xanthite theory and still fighting the good fight as good as he can.

The sword acts like Torgmanous's sword though. As it gets more blood it gets more powerful, the downside being as it gets more powerful it's more likely to eat Riffenstein's brain!
Hammerman! Hammer!
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:beware of Sister Zoe, Psycher Gwen, and Vindecore assasin Oasis....
I'd expect Oasis to be more of an Eversor
Hammerman! Hammer!