All three Elements of the USN together

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

All three Elements of the USN together

Post by MKSheppard »

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Were's Admin? I just see Air and Sea there :P

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Mr Bean wrote:Were's Admin? I just see Air and Sea there :P
I was anaware that Admin was ranked as equal to Surface Warfare, Naval Aviation, and the Squids. :D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Great pic 8)
BTW, was this some sort of parade formation? Why's everyone on the deck?
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

PFC Brungardt wrote:Great pic 8)
BTW, was this some sort of parade formation? Why's everyone on the deck?
Unless they are doing some really trippy and dangerous group unrep it looks like they are all together for an aerial BG photo op.

None of the crewmembers of either ship is dressed for a parade. The guys on the FFG are in dungarees and coveralls while the guys on the carrier are wearing their flight deck jerseys.

I also notice that the FFG is packing a SLQ-32(v)5 (aka SLQ-32(v)2 with Sidekick).

There also appears to be a wake between the FFG and the sub so we are likely missing out on another ship.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Sweet picture.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Awesome, what sub though?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Ace Pace wrote:Awesome, what sub though?
Looks like a Los Angles class, can't see the hull number though.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

It's a third flight 688. Hull numbers are painted over before a cruise, so don't be suprised that you can't see it.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:There also appears to be a wake between the FFG and the sub so we are likely missing out on another ship.
It's the USS Bunker Hill. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Marines assigned to Weapons Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, conduct a mounted patrol in the cold and snowy weather of the Khowst-Gardez Pass, Afghanistan.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote:It's the USS Bunker Hill. :D
Nop

The U.S. Navy’s guided missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts (FFG 58) (center) and nuclear powered Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Baltimore (SSN 704) (top) pull alongside the nuclear powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington (CVN 73) during a battle group formation exercise, July 17, 1996.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce on his first Command, 15 years from now

:twisted:

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Subs? Hell no!

Shep: I'm referring to the ship that we only see the wake of in the first picture, between the FFG and the sub.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight