TNG Federation Security Division
3%
Klingon Warrors
1%

Total votes: 67

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

spongyblue wrote:HOw much you wanna bet the Feds shit their pajamas and give up when thery hear the Zulu war cry? If any body dont know what it sounds like, it's roughly one guy yelling out a call and a couple thousand guy responding and hitting their sheilds in unison.
Maybe the smell would scare off the Zulus :lol:
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

BTW it sounds like a train
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

spongyblue wrote:HOw much you wanna bet the Feds shit their pajamas and give up when thery hear the Zulu war cry? If any body dont know what it sounds like, it's roughly one guy yelling out a call and a couple thousand guy responding and hitting their sheilds in unison.
[rabid trekkie mode]

The ST team uses phasers set to widebeam kill to wipe out the zulus with a few shots!

Personal shields stop anything that comes towards them!

ST WINZ!

[/rtm]
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Isolder74 wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:Stormtroopers followed by battle driod's

Zulu marksmanship included such concepts as aiming 45 degrees up in the air to aid the bullet on its flight. The Blasters will be no threat.
And the Zulu's could figure out how to use the blasters culdn't they. The had not used rifles before and they figured them out.
Wouldn't they miss if they fire the blasters 45 degrees up?
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Isolder74 wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:For the most part, yeah.

I go with stormies. Zulus or not, nerve gas goes a long way. If there is no nerve gas, then the E-11s on rapid fire will burn through the leather shields.
No Nerve Gas is not availible
A-ha! So nerve gas is available!
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Slartibartfast wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:For the most part, yeah.

I go with stormies. Zulus or not, nerve gas goes a long way. If there is no nerve gas, then the E-11s on rapid fire will burn through the leather shields.
No Nerve Gas is not availible
A-ha! So nerve gas is available!
No, Nerve Gas is not available

Is that better
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Beware the evils of bad punctuation! :twisted:
JADAFETWA
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

LOL :lol:
Perinquus
Virus-X Wannabe

Post by Perinquus »

Actually, I have to admit, this is one where I suspect even the Federation redshirts from TOS would slaughter the opposition. Captain Tracy, by himself, in TOS episode "The Omega Glory" said he killed thousands of Yang warriors with his one phaser pistol.

Remember TOS gives us some indication that the Feds had not yet lost all sense of how ground comat should be fought (remember the mortar from "The Arena"). Type II phasers set on wide beam should be devastating against the Zulus, who would be massed in groups.

The Stormies or the Rebels, either one should have no problem.

The Gungans should take it by virtue of superior weaponry.

TOS era Klingons would defeat the Zulus, however TNG era Klingons would stupidly throw down their energy weapons and wade in with batleths, and would be slaughtered by superior numbers of Assegai wielding Zulus.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Isolder74 wrote:Aren't Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper practically the SAME THING?
Clonetrooper has better weapon, 500 shots and more power.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:Aren't Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper practically the SAME THING?
Depends on the battle- The weapons the Clonetroopers are using on Geonosis are the same type as those carried by a few of the Stormtroopers in A New Hope- the T-21 I think the EU called it.

The AOTC Visual Dictionary shows that the Clonetroopers also had an E-11 carbine type weapon- the DC-17 (NOT DH-17- i.e. the pistol used by the Alderaanian troops on the Tantive IV) ... or is that vice versa?). I'd say it depends on what sort of battle they're expecting to fight- if any. Open ground combat against an equal combat- stormies will be using the BIG guns, not carbines.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Vympel wrote:
His Divine Shadow wrote:
Depends on the battle- The weapons the Clonetroopers are using on Geonosis are the same type as those carried by a few of the Stormtroopers in A New Hope- the T-21 I think the EU called it.

The AOTC Visual Dictionary shows that the Clonetroopers also had an E-11 carbine type weapon- the DC-17 (NOT DH-17- i.e. the pistol used by the Alderaanian troops on the Tantive IV) ... or is that vice versa?). I'd say it depends on what sort of battle they're expecting to fight- if any. Open ground combat against an equal combat- stormies will be using the BIG guns, not carbines.
I thouht I had established that the only weapons available would be similier to the E-11 so the clonies would only be using the lighter gun. BTW imagine what would have happened to the Zulus in the British had even just 1 gatling gun in the battle.

Post by Guest »

The problem that all of the groups facing the Zulu is that the Zulu have 1,000 of their best available weapons. Assuming they know how to use the weapons, that would give them an obvious advantage over their enemies. This all depends if they use decent strategy though. If they are just going to charge the outpost they will get mowed down by all of the different groups of defenders except the gungans.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Isolder74 wrote:
I thouht I had established that the only weapons available would be similier to the E-11 so the clonies would only be using the lighter gun. BTW imagine what would have happened to the Zulus in the British had even just 1 gatling gun in the battle.
I was merely clarifying that there is no difference in weaponry between the Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers- only a difference in combat theater/mission between the PT and OT.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Vympel wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:
I was merely clarifying that there is no difference in weaponry between the Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers- only a difference in combat theater/mission between the PT and OT.
understood
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Commander LeoRo wrote:The problem that all of the groups facing the Zulu is that the Zulu have 1,000 of their best available weapons. Assuming they know how to use the weapons, that would give them an obvious advantage over their enemies. This all depends if they use decent strategy though. If they are just going to charge the outpost they will get mowed down by all of the different groups of defenders except the gungans.
But their ability with the weapons would be iffy. Just like they were in the real battle.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Commander LeoRo wrote:The problem that all of the groups facing the Zulu is that the Zulu have 1,000 of their best available weapons. Assuming they know how to use the weapons, that would give them an obvious advantage over their enemies. This all depends if they use decent strategy though. If they are just going to charge the outpost they will get mowed down by all of the different groups of defenders except the gungans.
TNG Klingons aren't smart enough to play defensively. Aren't these the guys that drop their guns and charge in with bat'leths?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
TNG Klingons aren't smart enough to play defensively. Aren't these the guys that drop their guns and charge in with bat'leths?
That would be a tactic that Zulu's battle formation is designed to overwhelm
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

loks like its a runaway win for the Stormies on this one.
His Divine Shadow

Vympel wrote:Image
Thats similar, but it's not the clone-rifle.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Yeah I know, in the same way that the Clone carbine (DC-17) isn't the same as the E-11- it's the same size though.
Sparkticus
Youngling

Post by Sparkticus »

Hold up there. The E-11 is comparable in size to that of an MP-5 Navy. It's a carbine. The DC-17 would be closer in size to a bloody Barret. The things are huge!
"That's just a vicious rumor started by my socks. It's their revenge for me using them to floss my asscrack." ---Chuck
Stalker in the Shadows - "I like to watch..."
Cult of the Kitten::[Mew] I AM evil, really...
Sparkticus
Youngling

Post by Sparkticus »

Ok, maybe not a Barret, I exagerrated. But you get my idea, the dc-17 is a LOT bigger than an E-11, and has a co-responding firepower increase.
"That's just a vicious rumor started by my socks. It's their revenge for me using them to floss my asscrack." ---Chuck
Stalker in the Shadows - "I like to watch..."
Cult of the Kitten::[Mew] I AM evil, really...
His Divine Shadow

Sparkticus wrote:Ok, maybe not a Barret, I exagerrated. But you get my idea, the dc-17 is a LOT bigger than an E-11, and has a co-responding firepower increase.
It has?